PZ111/1V

but where to from here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Mr_hate #1 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 08:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 1563 battles
ok grinding this med at mo but dunno whee to go from here, starting to get a bad feel about goin the german line with all the negative forum comments about the german heavys gettin "nerfed" not sure what that is yet but think it means made worse.

friends are really succesful in there t110E5s  and tell me to stay away from E100 and Maus as they are mobile arty tagets that get penned by everytjhing bteir 6 and up ???  is that true???

Also i just seen the website with the release of the new medium tanks coming soon . Won't these tanks make all heavys obsolete? due to the fact that they would be more mobile with great guns ?

do i go heavy line or medium line is what i really want to know?

Prototype003 #2 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9178 battles
  • [DID] DID
Eh, if you're afraid of arty, you should just stay right where you are :P. I die from arty more in my E-50 than in any other tank I've played so far.
As for the tier 10 mediums making the tier 10 heavies obsolete, I highly doubt it. Currently, most of the time, a lone medium tank will be unable to best a lone heavy tank of equal tier. Don't see why that would change at tier 10.

Thenoob1234 #3 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5074 battles
Truely, the German heavies are not so bad, as long as you know how to use them. The Tiger, while not being well armored, had powerful guns and high accuracy. The Tiger II is also a sniper, but with sturdier armor. The E75 is even more sturdy, while also having very strong cannons. They are all long-range support tanks, and the only tank that really is "nerfed" in any way is the E-100. Even then, it is still considered by some players to be quite fun to play.

Mr_hate #4 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 1563 battles
never said i was afraid of arty cock !!!   just i think that faster lighter tanks that can stab a big dumass like the is7 in the back 5 times before it can turn its turrent to shoot you has to be more ideal than driving the same said  big dumbass ...

Puddy70s #5 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8167 battles
Tier 7 and up heavies are good on the E-100 line. The 100 is getting a buff soon (supposedly) so it can only improve. Alot of ppl say the Tiger tanks is bad, I disagree it's one of my best tanks to play it may be difficult but it can be such a beast. Haters guna hate man but make up your own mind on your game style, if you are attacking then go meds if you are a little cautious then heavies are for you.

Mr_hate #6 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 1563 battles
last game i raped a t34 and a big isu td in the butt while they were cappin my base , i killed them both :P

both were around 25% though but the pz11/1v did them where the sun don't shine :)

i love attacking , i hate campers , few games ago on komarin a lowe (team mate ) was camped behind arty in the corner whick made me mad so i drove all the way back from centre to shoot his butt !!!  dont think i could do that in a heavy

still need more advice

Puddy70s #7 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8167 battles
I too love attacking. My heavy stats mostly suck but my medium stats are fantastic given my overall stats.

I have 2 tier 8 meds and 2 tier 9 meds and I just love them. Also anything that moves well I do great it also like 1390 is my best tank and my tier 7 TD that goes fast I take on the front line and have great stats in that one too. With my heavies I still like to be on the front line and attack hard and there not so good for this which is why these stats reveal I don't perform to well overall in them, but my god when I get it right I tear teams appart.

Mr_hate #8 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 11:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 1563 battles
ok im talked into it , heavy tanks are fer wanks :P   i'll go fer the mediums:P

Embiggener #9 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 12726 battles

View Postkiwibastard, on Jun 14 2012 - 08:52, said:

ok grinding this med at mo but dunno whee to go from here, starting to get a bad feel about goin the german line with all the negative forum comments about the german heavys gettin "nerfed" not sure what that is yet but think it means made worse.

friends are really succesful in there t110E5s  and tell me to stay away from E100 and Maus as they are mobile arty tagets that get penned by everytjhing bteir 6 and up ???  is that true???

Also i just seen the website with the release of the new medium tanks coming soon . Won't these tanks make all heavys obsolete? due to the fact that they would be more mobile with great guns ?

do i go heavy line or medium line is what i really want to know?

Do you want to do Clan Wars at any point?

I would suggest going down another nation's tank line first. I would suggest doing a non-French one first.  Doesn't matter which, pick one.  Patton, T110, IS-7, IS-4 are all fine vehicles and there are a few really fun ones to play along the way mixed in with the mediocre ones.

The German high tier tanks are very resistant to guns on tier 8 and lower tanks, but anything from another nation that is tier 9/10 is going to punch through just about anything but the E-100 front upper hull plate.   None of the high tier German stuff is going to be useful for Clan Wars and many players will not platoon with you if you want to run them in pub matches.   Furthermore, their slow speed is going to be a pretty big liability with the new game modes coming out.

Also,

View PostThenoob1234, on Jun 14 2012 - 09:10, said:

Truely, the German heavies are not so bad, as long as you know how to use them. The Tiger, while not being well armored, had powerful guns and high accuracy. The Tiger II is also a sniper, but with sturdier armor. The E75 is even more sturdy, while also having very strong cannons. They are all long-range support tanks, and the only tank that really is "nerfed" in any way is the E-100. Even then, it is still considered by some players to be quite fun to play.

This is a bit backwards.  The Tiger II can snipe, but it can also brawl extremely well.

However none of the tier 9 or 10 German tanks are "long range support" or "sniper" tanks except the E-50.   The 128mm is not a "strong cannon", it's the worst tier 10 gun by a wide margin.  Between the Maus and the E-100, the E-100 made out much better with all the new tier-10 guns; it's selling point was always the 150mm, not the armor.   Even with that it has still been mostly replaced by the other new tier 10's.

Wargaming has said they are aware of some of these issues and intend to address them, but I'm not getting my hopes up given how obvious the problems should have been in the first place.

Save yourself a lot of frustration and try a different line first.   You don't want to grind to tier 10 only to find that all you can do with the tank is play pub matches solo with it.   If your friends are warning you about the Maus/E-100 there is a good chance they'll make excuses when you ask for platoon invites.

Effreem #10 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 23:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6322 battles
The german heavies will not be getting nerfed anytime soon. In fact, there was a dev post saying the german tanks are 1-4 months from getting a rebalancing which hasnt been done since release on some german tanks. Rebalancing could be bad but its likely to buff them slightly. Especially the 88L56, i dont think they are happy with its power now with all the changes to armor (IMO, its fine but Im an above average player in my german tanks so I am probably bias.)

EDIT: Note that I consider the german tanks to be the hardest to play.

Edited by Effreem, Jun 14 2012 - 23:08.

mechsftw #11 Posted Jun 15 2012 - 00:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10202 battles

View Postkiwibastard, on Jun 14 2012 - 09:29, said:

never said i was afraid of arty cock !!!   just i think that faster lighter tanks that can stab a big dumass like the is7 in the back 5 times before it can turn its turrent to shoot you has to be more ideal than driving the same said  big dumbass ...
that is exactly what i do in my AMX light tanks... lol
The only thing you can do in a big heavy against arty is hide.