Jump to content


Critical error?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

QJW #81 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 22234 battles
  • 2,518
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
well this is BS samething happened to me. :( i hope WG fixes this problem quickly. seems like it is happening on Vista  Computers And Windows 7:( WG some of us wanna play plz fix this quickly

Irishaide #82 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:12

    Private

  • Players
  • 427 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012
Yeah I just did a reinstall, twice actually, two different ways, the 7.4 Full Game Client and the regular game client that updates after you install, and no avail, critical error everytime.

Eblim #83 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20110 battles
  • 232
  • [COMBO] COMBO
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
I believe it's 1 of the 3 launcher files. Checking now, be back in 5 minutes to update.

Eblim #84 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20110 battles
  • 232
  • [COMBO] COMBO
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
I believe the problem is "WOTLauncher.cfg" file.

POKEDSMOT #85 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 48479 battles
  • 535
  • [L2R] L2R
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
Can ya fix it?

dekk01 #86 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 54463 battles
  • 722
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
Same here, did everything from scratch twice. Over 4 hrs of downloading. Got the same solution from WG support dept. I'm also running Vista. I've also asked for an extension of my premium account. No clue how long this will last.

Eblim #87 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:28

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20110 battles
  • 232
  • [COMBO] COMBO
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
I'm on Window 7 and I have a different error...

20/06/2012 14:26:35          Starting...
20/06/2012 14:26:35          create update folder: path="C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Updates"
20/06/2012 14:26:35          create temp update folder: path="C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\WoT\temp"
20/06/2012 14:26:35          save configuration: path="C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\WOTLauncher.cfg"
20/06/2012 14:26:35          start update process...
20/06/2012 14:26:35          connecting to update server...
20/06/2012 14:26:36          http request has completed: verb="POST" url="http://update.worldoftanks.com/"
20/06/2012 14:26:36          parsing patch info...
20/06/2012 14:26:36          connecting to http download server...
20/06/2012 14:26:57  ERROR:    http request error: verb="GET" url="http://cdn1.worldoft...uncher_us.patch" status_code="0" error=(7)"Couldn't connect to server"

Valmorgan #88 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5985 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Postnorthcuttsky, on Jun 20 2012 - 21:23, said:

Wow  i dont not what to say. I've been watching forums for a fix for this problem  all morning . as i'am having Same problem. as this is a problem from  the test server , i really doubt it will be fixed quickly.  and to the Dev's that read this post . I'm playing another game ! i dont have time to sit and wait for u to fix  a problem that u knew about before the update.

Well said. This iss exactly why I am angry as well.

Hyori_Reign #89 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16443 battles
  • 1,438
  • [AGENT] AGENT
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011

View PostValmorgan, on Jun 20 2012 - 23:36, said:

Well said. This iss exactly why I am angry as well.
Same here, a ton of people came out and told them about it but they never addressed it besides saying re install the game, when people came back to say they still had the problem there was no response...

the can at least tell us they are looking into it, its better then feeling like they don't really care, this is something I expect from Jagex mods tbh which is a low blow to WOT mods

Eblim #90 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20110 battles
  • 232
  • [COMBO] COMBO
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
I submitted a ticket. I can't bother with it anymore. Back to RuneScape, Battlefield 3 and War of Legends... don't fricken judge me... thanks!

IrishWoody #91 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:49

    Private

  • Players
  • 1039 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
I'm  in the same baot as everyone els here . Think we are goingto need a bigger boat befor this is fixed :Smile-angry:

Valmorgan #92 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:52

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5985 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostHyori_Reign, on Jun 20 2012 - 23:41, said:

Same here, a ton of people came out and told them about it but they never addressed it besides saying re install the game, when people came back to say they still had the problem there was no response...

the can at least tell us they are looking into it, its better then feeling like they don't really care, this is something I expect from Jagex mods tbh which is a low blow to WOT mods

Quoted for posterity. I DEMAND MY MONEY sitting in gold on the servers back that I cannot use due to YOUR ERROR.

Hyori_Reign #93 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 23:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16443 battles
  • 1,438
  • [AGENT] AGENT
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011

View PostEblim, on Jun 20 2012 - 23:43, said:

I submitted a ticket. I can't bother with it anymore. Back to RuneScape, Battlefield 3 and War of Legends... don't fricken judge me... thanks!
whats your account and server on wol? im gen anbu on RG :P

Valmorgan #94 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5985 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
I have not been this enraged in a very long time. I honestly feel like I have been roobed by some scumbag Russian geeks. Clearly they knew FULL WELL this patch would not run on some very widely used OS and they released it any fucking way. Hyping the update I put hard earned money in anticipation. I feel robbed.

WOT you have not heard the last of me, you will be getting an absolute AVALANCHE of better business buraeu complaints and filings, I am posting this across Twitter like a madman. You rob from me motherfuckers and you WILL PAY IN KIND.

Eblim #95 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20110 battles
  • 232
  • [COMBO] COMBO
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostHyori_Reign, on Jun 20 2012 - 23:52, said:

whats your account and server on wol? im gen anbu on RG :P

Eblim on White Lotus. lol I'm only 600m rep player.

nui_vu #96 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12418 battles
  • 1,175
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View PostValmorgan, on Jun 21 2012 - 00:04, said:

I have not been this enraged in a very long time. I honestly feel like I have been roobed by some scumbag Russian geeks. Clearly they knew FULL WELL this patch would not run on some very widely used OS and they released it any fucking way. Hyping the update I put hard earned money in anticipation. I feel robbed.

WOT you have not heard the last of me, you will be getting an absolute AVALANCHE of better business buraeu complaints and filings, I am posting this across Twitter like a madman. You rob from me motherfuckers and you WILL PAY IN KIND.
it may not be the russians the NA server had to change in order to make it compatible with the NA server so some were in that lines they could of messed something up

Edited by laxrules56, Jun 21 2012 - 00:07.


_ToXiC_Silent #97 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6678 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012
i think i may know what the problem is i just looked at my event viewer in administrative tools and found this

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\WoT_backup\World_of_Tanks\worldoftanks.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest.

Valmorgan #98 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5985 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Postlaxrules56, on Jun 21 2012 - 00:06, said:

it may not be the russians the NA server had to change in order to make it compatible with the NA server so some were in that lines they could of messed something up

Understood... but they *knew* about this very large issue beforehand and as others noted they did not warn us, they TOOK money knowing full well thier product we pay real money for would be unaccessible after the patch. That is FRAUD.

Edited by Valmorgan, Jun 21 2012 - 00:10.


nui_vu #99 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12418 battles
  • 1,175
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View PostXSilent_DeathX, on Jun 21 2012 - 00:10, said:

i think i may know what the problem is i just looked at my event viewer in administrative tools and found this

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\WoT_backup\World_of_Tanks\worldoftanks.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest.
so what do we do.....im not really close with windows vista

ardraug #100 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 00:21

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9084 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
http://support.micro....com/kb/2525435

Found this, but cooking dinner so don't have time to try it out. Also it messes with the registry which isn't usually a good idea for computer noobs.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users