im a noob.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

xREAPx #41 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 15:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13640 battles
  • [BTMAN] BTMAN
i had to reformat my hole computer but now it works. thankyou nukers for the help on vent. so if anyone has any questions all i did was got my main disc when i bought the computer and reformated took forever but now it works thanks.

Minds_Eye #42 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 16:05

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15351 battles

View PostxREAPx, on Jun 21 2012 - 15:36, said:

i had to reformat my hole computer but now it works. thankyou nukers for the help on vent. so if anyone has any questions all i did was got my main disc when i bought the computer and reformated took forever but now it works thanks.

Oh good! That's all I need! :Smile_smile:

Still looking for another solution.

xREAPx #43 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13640 battles
  • [BTMAN] BTMAN
ya sorry guys i don't know why i couldnt but reformating fixed it again.
"sorry"

M_o_A_ #44 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 20:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 4060 battles
Removed everything that was WoT related, even cleaned up temporary files, application files at documents/settings and registry.
Installed a complete new 7.4 and it works now.
Well, that's some operation, I can tell you.

HotShooter #45 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 04:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 21050 battles
Tried everything I can think of and it still will not open the game after installing 7.4.  I see there is a new 7.4.1 update but as of right now it's not available yet to those of us in NA server.  After downloading and trying to launch the game, I get the normal window opening but a message comes up and quickly!  It says updates will complete in several seconds and then the window disappears and I go back to my desktop automatically.  I then click on WOT icon and get the message Warning: WOT is already started.  Nothing happens and I am getting really frustrated.  Opening up a ticket for help.  I am using Windows Vista 32, IE 9.  7.3 worked fine and 7.4 won't open the game to where I can log on and play.

dangubat #46 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 05:45

Private

• Players
  • 38349 battles
did anyone solved the problem yet? it's getting frustrating already....

miles1991 #47 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 10:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42956 battles

View Postdangubat, on Jun 22 2012 - 05:45, said:

did anyone solved the problem yet? it's getting frustrating already....

Yes.

Windows Vista
  • To open the Registry Editor, click the Start button and type “regedit.exe” (without the quotation marks) and press the ENTER key. If you see the User Account Control dialog box appear, click Continue.
  • On the left side, expand the tree structure until you find the registry key that starts with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\Winners\x86_policy.9.0.microsoft.vc90.crt_".
  • Expand the key above.
  • Below that key, you should see a 9.0 key. Select the 9.0 registry key.
  • In the right pane, make note of the number you see in the Data column for the row where the Name is set to (Default), in case you need to revert to this number later.
  • Look through the list of numbers in the Name column and find the highest number.
  • Double-click the (Default) string value to open the Edit String dialog box.
  • Replace the number in the "Value data" box with the highest number you saw in step #6. Click OK.
  • On the File menu, click Exit to close the Registry Editor.
  • After completing step #8 the issue may be resolved. If you continue to see the same problem restart the computer. You may also need to follow the steps below to correct the file association error message.

Thanks to "ardraug".

Minds_Eye #48 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 16:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15351 battles
I fixed mine. I used this: http://www.vistax64....tml#post1332400

DocBonesaw #49 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 17:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 30708 battles
Windows 7 64Bit, I started having launcher update error show up yesterday. I hit play and it worked. Today, it won't load at all after the update failure. I have re-installed 7.4 same error. I even went back to the 7.1 hoping the auto updater would work. That is a big negative. I won't tinker with the Registry till I hear from WOT on what we should do. I am afraid that it would really screw up my system.

ClockworkVex #50 Posted Jun 28 2012 - 07:46

Private

• Players
  • 13474 battles
Running into the same issue DocBonesaw, it appears as a process under task manager but does not go any further.

xxBB4000UPxx #51 Posted Jul 04 2012 - 11:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 18067 battles
Had same prob and finally got rid of Vista and went to 7 Ultimate 64bit. Not a prob since.

HotShooter #52 Posted Jul 05 2012 - 05:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 21050 battles
OK, I finally got the game to download and I'm up and running again.  Windows Vista 32bit isn't the problem.  The download for 7.4 installs an incorrect icon on the desktop and is not the correct application file.  Per Michael Homes (Staff from my opened ticket)

Please follow these steps to ensure that you do a clean install:

Uninstall your currently installed client and delete the remaining game folder and its contents (the default location is C:\Games\).

Next click on your start menu and in the search/run box type "%appdata%" (without the quotes) and press enter, then in the folder that comes up we would like you to delete the wargaming.net folder. Please also delete your previously downloaded WoT installers.

Next, click on your start menu and in the search/run box type "%temp%" (without the quotes) and press enter.
Then delete all of the files in your User's temp folder that comes up (some of the files will be in use by Windows and will not let you delete them, just delete the ones you can).

Now download a fresh copy of our latest full client from the following link: http://downloads.wor...test_install_us

Then install from the file you just downloaded.

Launch/run World Of Tanks.

I did what was advised clicking on the above link but still had problems because the WoT_Launcher.exe would indicate that it was running and it didn't. I ended the process again in Task Mgr and then, went on-line at worldoftanks.com to download the 7.4.1 update which this time ran perfectly since I now have the current 7.4 client package installed. Then I clicked on my desktop icon to run the game again but it did the same and WoT_launcher.exe would not launch the game. So, remembering the advise he gave me earlier in my ticket communications he said to try and run the game manually from My Computer, C:\games\worldoftanks folder but before I did, I deleted the current Icon on my desktop and then clicked on the C:\games\worldoftanks\worldoftanks file which as he said is 2 files up from WoT_launcher file. This time it ran fine. I also made a new shortcut icon to my desktop from this same application file and now the game is running perfect again. So the desktop icon is pointing to the wrong file unless you change that.  I hope this made sense to all who are having the same problems. Windows Vista, 32, and IE9.

Edited by dbiellier, Jul 05 2012 - 05:20.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users