"World of tanks already started"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

liquid_cow #61 Posted Aug 07 2012 - 01:13

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSangreel, on Aug 04 2012 - 07:41, said:

The tech guys said my computer was not up to running the game……

Standard answer to any computer problem... its not our fault until otherwise proven.  That's what they started with me, and my PC is pretty old, but I stuck with it and insisted that was not the case.  In Dean's case his gaming machine is way above the min specs but won't run the program, however his old PC (I think he said it was old enough that it had a crank on the side of the case) will run the game, so no its not a spec issue.

Use the work around until we figure this out.

Edited by liquid_cow, Aug 07 2012 - 01:13.

liquid_cow #62 Posted Aug 07 2012 - 01:50

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Dean, check for a PM.

Sangreel #63 Posted Aug 07 2012 - 07:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I also started to use a program called "game booster" you can find the link to download at majorgeeks. I have found that it speeds up the program and allows my cpu to handle the game with flying colors.

dean_1230 #64 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 01:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
just to let those who still are having launcher issues, here's what L_C found that worked.  In both of our cases, we were running it as standard users.  We'd enter the admin p/w and the WOTLauncher would disappear.  I had tried running it directly from the Admin account, but it didn't work there.  I could get it to work when I changed my standard user account to an admin account.  I did NOT enter a password (not sure if that makes a difference or not).  The Launcher ran.  When I changed it back to a standard user account, it no longer worked.

So now I'll just directly launch the WOT exe file from the folder... no admin password necessary.  If i need to upgrade, then i'll change the account type and do the update and then switch it back to the standard user account.

I do not often recommend accessing the net in an admin account, but that's the only way i could get the Launcher to work.  I'll only do it when upgrading the game.

liquid_cow #65 Posted Aug 31 2012 - 02:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
So you'll love this Dean, I get back from vacation and this is what's in my in-box:

"Since your concern had been responded to a while ago and no update had been posted, your ticket is closed (the issue is deemed to be resolved)."

Funny, last I checked I was waiting for a fix from them...
Seriously this has got to be the most inept tech support ever.  Two months I worked with them to find the problem (note, find, not fix) and their thanks was to ditch me.  Are they still working with you? I imagine there are still quite a few of us with launcher problems, do they expect all of us to log into Admin mode just to play their game?