7.4, Low Framerate [Solved, Official Serverside Crosshair Glitch]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Jarroc_JV #1 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 19:06

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4812 battles
Greetings fellow tankers!

I am currently experiencing a problem with my graphics ever since 7.4. My computer specs are:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System RAM: 8186 MB
CPU Name: AMD Turion™ II P540 Dual-Core Processor
CPU Speeds: 2400
Physical CPUs: 1
Virtual CPUs: 2
Video Card Description: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series
VRAM: 512 MB
Primary Display Resolution: 1366x768
Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 1366x768
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 321266 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 461628 MB
Windows Experience Index Rating: 3.2

And my WoT graphic settings are:
Windowed
Resolution: 1366x706*
Texture Quality: Low
Texture Compression: ON
Texture Filtering: Trilinier
Shadow Quality: OFF
Enchanced Shadows: OFF
Water Quality: Very Low
Water Simulation: OFF
Foliage Quality: Low
Flora Density: OFF
Advanced Post Processing: OFF
Post Processing: OFF
Draw Distance: High (For sniping and TD, no problems before bug.)
Object LOD: Low
Extra effects Quality: Low
Extra Effects in Sniper Mode: OFF
Display Grass in sniper mode, Enable track effects, and Enable track tracers are unchecked.

Now, whenever I start the game, it responds normally, without any problem. When I start a match, it runs fine (About 20-30 FPS on low graphics.). However, as I progress through the match, it begins to lose framerate. About half way through the match, I only get about 12-18 FPS looking up towards the main portion of the map, and whenver I try to SPG it plummets to 2-10 FPS. I've checked all of my system processes without World of Tanks running, and I have no abnormalities in my processing, RAM, or GPU. Given the situation, my highest bet would be on a memory leak or a graphics cache not responding correctly.

I do hope this covers the details you need, and I hope you find the problem soon. If you think that it is not a World of Tanks error, please reply with a possible solution, so I may try it and see if it works succesfully. Until then, I cannot play World of Tanks further due to low framerate. Thank you for reading, and I hope everyone else enjoys the 7.4 patch.

Kind regards, Jarroc_JV

Edit: Upon further investigation, and a quick read to a different topic, I found that running fullscreen is marginally better. I will have to study this more, but if it's running normally on fullscreen, then the focus will have to be in regards to the windowed version. It turns out that fullscreen still causes FPS problems in the end, but less prominant then windowed. As other topics seem to be pointing towards low FPS, it seems this may be the game itself, and not just this computer.

Edit 2: Tried removing my only mod, the constant serverside mod, without any changes in framerate. I am currently reinstalling WoT to see if it was corrupted. Will provide an update ASAPUpdate, Solved!:Compleatly reinstalled World of Tanks with no immediate changes in framerate.  It turns out the New In-game Serverside Crosshairs checkmark was causing massive lag, and when turned off, it returns to neary optimal FPS. There is still less then 7.3, but I shall put that in regards to loose data files and uncompressed textures Thank you all for understanding, and I hope that with this information, you can use it to learn the reason of why the crosshairs are glitched.

Edited by Jarroc_JV, Jun 21 2012 - 04:14.

Turtle240 #2 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 19:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9806 battles

AMD Turion™ II P540 Dual-Core Processor
one of the main resons:WoT doesnt support multi core,besides people with top line PCs also have issues running this game.Our only hope is to wait for the devs to enable multi core support,until then you will have to get used to such low frame rate.

Edit:forgot to mention processor overheating,it may cause performance drop as the temperature increases.

P.S. sorry for my english,I am not a native speaker.

Cheers,Turtle :Smile_honoring:

Jedit #3 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 19:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 31579 battles
All my games have been very laggy, took an hour to get the mods working after numerous black screens when joining games, then when you get one it plays like shit.

Jarroc_JV #4 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 20:18

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4812 battles

View PostTurtle240, on Jun 20 2012 - 19:27, said:

one of the main resons:WoT doesnt support multi core,besides people with top line PCs also have issues running this game.Our only hope is to wait for the devs to enable multi core support,until then you will have to get used to such low frame rate.

Edit:forgot to mention processor overheating,it may cause performance drop as the temperature increases.

P.S. sorry for my english,I am not a native speaker.

Cheers,Turtle :Smile_honoring:

While I thank you for your input, I had no graphics errors until 7.4, so unless they disabled multi-core when 7.4 released, that would not be source of the problem. Also, my processor is at normal tempature, and even running heated doesn't cause as much problems as it has recently. Thank you for your thoughts, however. I'm still anaylzing my own computer while this thread is up, so between the players, the devs, and I, we may come up with a possible fix.

Kind regards, Jarroc_JV

9teenKILo #5 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 20:45

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6613 battles
yea i figured out that they borked up windowed mode somehow..  sucks i have to run in fullscreen native instead of the fullscreen windowed i've come to use and love

diain #6 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 14:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10956 battles
OK, I've been having this problem too. It's impossible playing arty at 5 FPS so if anyone comes up with a solution please post it here.

Seagrizzly #7 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 16:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 18041 battles
  • [RACR] RACR
Also was having this issue and it was horrible in Arty mode!  Turning off SS Crosshair helped me as well although 7.4 does seem more intensive then 7.3.

robykanobie #8 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 16:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 16184 battles
i hope they fixe this or i wont be playing clan battle again

SPARROW47 #9 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 17:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 15914 battles
  • [1CAB] 1CAB
Im having a very similar problem. Im running a completely new, clean install of the game. Before 7.3 i had max 100 ping. Now its swinging from 100 to 700 and back down again all the time. Its not graphics, because i still have over 60 FPS... After getting those black screens i uninstalled my mods, re-installed the game completely and am getting bad lag...

EDIT: fixed it never mind... Was a bug with windows updater

Edited by SPARROW47, Jun 21 2012 - 17:45.