Stuck at Updating game client: installing updates

intall update client stuck frozen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Imacanoli #1 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 15:11

Private

• Players
  • 4405 battles
I had recently tried installing the new patch via the game client. The client seemed to get hung up at "Updating game client: installing update". Usually I would have simply let the update run it's course overnight, however the client seemed to COMPLETELY bog down my computer. The following steps took place shortly after:

Try re-installing update
Uninstall entire game
re-download, client freezes at 33-34% at Installing update status
Cancel and reattempt, same thing
Virus Scan, comes up clean
Uninstall and repeat attempt, same result
Defrag HDD over night and update windows in morning
Attempt one final fresh install, same result.

Keep in mind that while installing the update, Windows seems to REALLY get slowed down. I can barely even close out the client after waiting extended periods of time at the same percentage. I do have a fairly powerful rig and this is the first time in a very long time that I've ever had issues with this game.

Any ideas as to how I can get around this? Or as to what the heck is going on? :(

dwaindwarf #2 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 15:28

Captain

• Players
  • 26856 battles
Try deleting the old folder WoT, doing a registry clean and then rebooting the PC.  Download a fresh copy of the game( no torrent), and then do a fresh install.

Its a pain the arse but may help if its  corrupted files in the origianal download (happened to me).   Good luck.   :Smile_honoring:

Imacanoli #3 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 16:13

Private

• Players
  • 4405 battles
Thanks for the reply!

I fished around and found a WoT AND a World of Tanks folder hiding under Appdata. So I uninstalled and deleted the folders, ran CCleaner's registry tool, and am now re-downloading from the alternative download link at the main site. My computer seems to get hung up rather easily...so I'm wondering if there's a more core issue at hand or if some damage has somehow been done.

I'll report on the results of your fix, hopefully, soon.

Imacanoli #4 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 17:50

Private

• Players
  • 4405 battles
So instead of downloading the game via client, I downloaded the full game client.

The result: "error non 7z archive"

:Smile-angry:

liquid_cow #5 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 04:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6354 battles
Next time you run it check task manager and see if WoTLauncher.exe is running but not doing anything.

KellSeraph #6 Posted Sep 30 2012 - 19:33

Private

• Players
  • 3086 battles
I am having the exact same issue as Imacanoli except my pc is not just slowing down it is Completely freezing up, the first time i tried to update it froze at "Updating game client: installing update 80%" i re-tried 3 times with same result.
i uninstalled the game and tried again, this time it froze at "Updating game client: installing update  20%"

i had Task Manager open for the last 2 tries and the same thing happened both times CPU usage(for WOT) drops to 1-2% from about 6-15 min at that point everything pretty much stops working and i am unable to force wot game client to shut down, or the pc itself without turning it off manually.

Here's the rub. I'm in the process of transferring to SEA servers and have both NA & SEA launchers installed (both working perfectly fine before 8.0) and after failing to update NA launcher the first few times i tried the SEA launcher and it worked perfectly....

I realize as i'm going to SEA i can just wait till the 3rd and all my stuff will be on the working server, so i don't really have a problem. However the fact that my NA update did not work and my SEA update did work leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the NA server update.

Imacanoli, quick question. How long did it take to download the 3gig part of the install process?