worth while going for tiger?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Skwabie #21 Posted Oct 14 2010 - 15:26

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3 battles
a matter of between feeling and what's exactly changed i reckon, besides russians prolly want to nerf the tiger to hell :P

PunkRocker #22 Posted Oct 14 2010 - 18:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2373 battles
Ive used the Tiger I a lot, at the beginning it looked more like a domestic cat rather than a wild tiger xD, but when the crew got a decent EXP level they started to make things a lot more interesting.

one of the advantages 4 example is that against med. tanks at a long distance its a pretty good destroyer, i think the 88 its a bouncer gainst russian tanks bur when you do dmg you do a lot of it, forget bout taking an easy kill gainst an IS-3/4 or even a plain IS.
The Tiger has that prob. in many ways is underpowered but getting a good juice out of it its not imposible.

Greets.

HeroEnVec #23 Posted Oct 14 2010 - 18:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 39740 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
German TD's can do everything that german heavy tanks can do...  but they do so at lower cost with better guns.  A Maus doesn't want to screw around vs a Jagdtiger, I assure you that.

If you want long range pwnage with crazy acc and good reload, go german TD.  If you want to get in and mix things up a bit, go Russian.  If you want to have a pretty hard time in every battle, get a tiger.  Might as well paint a target on top of yourself for arty though, as you are slow, wide, and delish.  

I sold my tiger and put the crew on my ferdinand so I could keep Jagdpanther fully equipped.

shadowcreaper #24 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 11:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
cheers for help i think il grind the tiger and see how it is, i also grinding to t44 so be a good compare when i get t43 and hopefully tiger.

on release im unsure if i might play game as there a lot of issues and the amount of time you will need to put into game just to get to a "fun tank" does atm based on beta seem way to much.

i think issues like xp and value for time put into tanks is one issue that needs to be fixed.

though if all isues are fixed i might try russian tree as from the medium tank tree view it a lot better than my german tanks, maybe it just the bias russian game:P

ISDVirulence #25 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 11:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5930 battles
Aside from the TD line and the Hummel it does kind of feel like a biased Russian game, doesn't it?  Hehe

But anywho, I know I gave the Tiger a whirl at one point and gave up on it.  Even moderately upgraded it's arty bait at it's Tier, and hiding behind the 3-4 safe spots on the map gets old after a while.  I honestly think, until they bring arty in line, the Russian lines are going to keep winning the day.

shadowcreaper #26 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 16:35

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
just played a game that kinda made me wonder about german heavys a lot more

we had a game and i was in a t34-85 and found myself vs a tiger 2, my heavys were a long way behind me, so i did a little round and merry go round attack on the tiger.

i was shocked to get it down to 58% before my heavys came and helped me kill it.

another game was in a IS 1 shotted a tiger, someone said it cos he used gold shells but others keep saying the tiger is like the german TD line, allways having module problems ie track,gun,ammo ect, when the russian tanks have a lot less issues which seems to be true after seeing the amount of shells "ding" off their tanks.

also rather sad/funny to use my t34-85 to kill a bunch of jagpanthers so easly when i know how it feels playing a jag myself, shocking how easy to kill german tds you dont even have to aim, auto aim, bang first hit kills his gun, second tracks=gg next target ....

best tanks i think german have atm is their low TD line, and Low teir tanks like panzer 3, art is good, and so is their late late teir TD like jag tiger+tiger 2, but 60-70% tanks are a lot weaker than russians it seems in pure buggyness in terms of modules hit /ammo blowing up.

conductiv #27 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 16:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postshadowcreaper, on Oct 15 2010 - 16:35, said:

just played a game that kinda made me wonder about german heavys a lot more

we had a game and i was in a t34-85 and found myself vs a tiger 2, my heavys were a long way behind me, so i did a little round and merry go round attack on the tiger.

i was shocked to get it down to 58% before my heavys came and helped me kill it.

another game was in a IS 1 shotted a tiger, someone said it cos he used gold shells but others keep saying the tiger is like the german TD line, allways having module problems ie track,gun,ammo ect, when the russian tanks have a lot less issues which seems to be true after seeing the amount of shells "ding" off their tanks.

also rather sad/funny to use my t34-85 to kill a bunch of jagpanthers so easly when i know how it feels playing a jag myself, shocking how easy to kill german tds you dont even have to aim, auto aim, bang first hit kills his gun, second tracks=gg next target ....

best tanks i think german have atm is their low TD line, and Low teir tanks like panzer 3, art is good, and so is their late late teir TD like jag tiger+tiger 2, but 60-70% tanks are a lot weaker than russians it seems in pure buggyness in terms of modules hit /ammo blowing up.

remember a tank doesn't show its treu power untill its crew is at 85% or higher and its fully upgraded. stock tanks and especially german stock isn't really powerfull.

the tigerI has a heap of hitpionts, with a long range gun. it can't stop shells, it can't dogfight. but it can wreck havoc at long range and it doesn't go down fast (unless you light it on fire or blow its ammo rack)I recently aquired a tiger and playes a rough 60 matches in it. even though I lost a lot of matches because I attract teams of screwups. I did manage to do at least 1000 damage every match and usually kill 1 or 2 enemies before I go down.

when comparing it to soviet tanks though, soviet wins. The raw damage of the soviet guns (107 and 122) outclasses the rather low ~200 damage from german T7 guns

Angalacon #28 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 17:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 2354 battles

View Postshadowcreaper, on Oct 15 2010 - 16:35, said:

Nothing bounces off of a Tiger, and the Turret Ring is as big as Saturn apparently (this is supposedly being fixed). That combo plus the apparent fact that my loader has a head bigger than the moon judging by the number of times he dies per battle, makes for a fragile Tiger.

In my Tiger I do have a couple of Steel Wall awards, but I have many many more Exceptional Tinder and Destructastic Modulastic awards.

SeraphicRadiance #29 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 18:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 14802 battles
I love my Tiger. I really do. I would explain why I love it, but my distaste for it is completely overshadowed by moments like these:

http://img143.images...i/shot043d.jpg/

"OMG TANK'S ON FIRE"

"PUT IT OUT!"

"OK"

"K FIRE'S OUT"

*sigh of relief from crew*

10 seconds later: http://img145.images.../i/shot044.jpg/

"OMG TANK'S ON FIRE AGA-"

"The tank is destroyed by fire."

SpectreHD #30 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 18:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16835 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostMorrigan, on Oct 15 2010 - 17:06, said:

Nothing bounces off of a Tiger, and the Turret Ring is as big as Saturn apparently (this is supposedly being fixed). That combo plus the apparent fact that my loader has a head bigger than the moon judging by the number of times he dies per battle, makes for a fragile Tiger.

In my Tiger I do have a couple of Steel Wall awards, but I have many many more Exceptional Tinder and Destructastic Modulastic awards.

Nothing ever bounces of a Tiger 2 either unless it is at some extreme angles. That and the fact that the ammo rack seems to be stored outside of the tank.

@Seraphic

I too love my Tiger 2. But just like you, it is also my most frustrating tank with low tier tanks damaging me, taking out my ammo rack and other modules with one shot.

Cato_DaNewf #31 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 21:52

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12691 battles

View PostSeraphicRadiance, on Oct 15 2010 - 18:07, said:

I love my Tiger. I really do. I would explain why I love it, but my distaste for it is completely overshadowed by moments like these:

http://img143.images...i/shot043d.jpg/

"OMG TANK'S ON FIRE"

"PUT IT OUT!"

"OK"

"K FIRE'S OUT"

*sigh of relief from crew*

10 seconds later: http://img145.images.../i/shot044.jpg/

"OMG TANK'S ON FIRE AGA-"

"The tank is destroyed by fire."
I am pretty sure there is a "bug" in the code that plagues the Tiger with higher than normal subsystem damage.  Almost every other tank I have not had this problem.  In the first day, I am sure I bought more fire extinguishers then every other tank combined.

strata89 #32 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 22:06

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Panther drvers complaining about module damage and problems with fire.
Tiger drivers complaining about module damage and problems with fire.
T44 drivers complaiinng about module damage and ammo rack explotions.
:D:lol:

vince_grant #33 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 00:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Poststrata89, on Oct 15 2010 - 22:06, said:

Never tried panther, but Tiger is horrible with module damage, fire and crew death. Tank it self is fine. T-44 is fine too, nothing to change there..

Cato_DaNewf #34 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 00:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12691 battles

My future clan mates do not complain about the Panther, and I do not have this issue with the T-44.  But the Tiger, and everyone I know who has grinded it have the same issue - severe mod damage.  If I don't catch fire by shot two, my loader or gunner is damaged.  By shot five or six, half my systems are almost always down.  These is far above normal when I use any of the IS line, and either medium tank line.

Hazardz #35 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 01:48

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have a T44 and since I got a wet ammo rack the T44 is much better. Lacking in firepower but a very good tank and no where near as prone to module dmg as Tiger.

All in all I would say the Russian tanks are far less likely to have a module dmged or a crew member killed ... or when it does happen it does not affect the tank quite so badly as it does the German side.

I have played both sides and the German module dmg is far worse with the Tiger being the worst.

tThecrow #36 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 02:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
sad to read how so many complain about the developers being biased against the Tigers in favour of Russian guns
if you read some historical facts about the guns used you will see that the German long 76 mm was a lot more powerful than the Russian 85 mm
the 88 mm even the "small" on one the tiger was more powerful then even the Russian 122 mm when it comes to penetration and in actual tank to tank battle penetration is what counts as a penetration will almost 100% mean death to the crew inside from shrapnels and ammo exploding

im at pz4 with panther turret and long 76mm gun
powerful but slow and lacks armor
im going for the tiger line and hope the developers put there Russian background bias aside and makes the tiger more realistic in future patches

ErwinRommel #37 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 02:58

Captain

• Special Beta Testers
  • 1961 battles
the king tiger is a great tank!but most of the times you will face is3 tjhat are one tier up from the king tiger and you will think that he is not that good.

the tiger...is the tiger!a tank that you use just because you like of the model of the tank not because of its performance.and sometimes you can do great jobs on it!

the vk4502...i have no coments D: never played one..

and aways the russians will look better than the germans but this doesn't mean that you can't fight one by one you just need to be more smart than the drunk russians.

and the jgdpanther TD is great!

grabacr #38 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 06:28

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6468 battles
  • [TIM] TIM
Im currently in a tiger and am having huge issues with module damage.  artillery rounds that dont even strike the tank are damaging internal modules (ammo rack, radio, engine) and such.  Also i'm getting a lot of frontal shots that take out my engine.  All that in addition to the fact that around 1 out of every 4 penetrating shots does no damage whatsoever (no de-track, nothing!) means im really getting tired of grinding on this tank!  Its making the game distinctly less fun with not a whole lot to look forward to.  And yes, i absolutely love my tiger.  full 100% crew and that sniper of an 88 really makes it have a few shining moments but yes out of the box it is a PIECE OF SHT!!!!!

strata89 #39 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 08:57

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSirCatoKnot, on Oct 16 2010 - 00:32, said:

My future clan mates do not complain about the Panther, and I do not have this issue with the T-44.  But the Tiger, and everyone I know who has grinded it have the same issue - severe mod damage.  If I don't catch fire by shot two, my loader or gunner is damaged.  By shot five or six, half my systems are almost always down.  These is far above normal when I use any of the IS line, and either medium tank line.
I have all 3 this tanks and i dont have problem with any of them, they all r fine. I dont know why all these peoples r complaing but they do. Tiger dont have higher modeule damage than other tanks.

strata89 #40 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 09:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postgrabacr, on Oct 16 2010 - 06:28, said:

Im currently in a tiger and am having huge issues with module damage.  artillery rounds that dont even strike the tank are damaging internal modules (ammo rack, radio, engine) and such.  Also i'm getting a lot of frontal shots that take out my engine.  All that in addition to the fact that around 1 out of every 4 penetrating shots does no damage whatsoever (no de-track, nothing!) means im really getting tired of grinding on this tank!  Its making the game distinctly less fun with not a whole lot to look forward to.  And yes, i absolutely love my tiger.  full 100% crew and that sniper of an 88 really makes it have a few shining moments but yes out of the box it is a PIECE OF SHT!!!!!
Artlery damage is problem for any tank, not just tiger.
There is nothing strange on engine damage with frontal hit. Your tanks is basicly a box of stell and there isnt many things able to stop shell inside the tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users