Jump to content


New T-62A Pictures

pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

ITDUDE #1 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 19:57

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 4,586
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010
From wot-news.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SocialFlaws #2 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 19:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
That Type 59 looks odd.

ITDUDE #3 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 19:58

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 4,586
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010
From SerB: the huge search-light/head-lamp will NOT have any hp associated with it.

Tenryuu_Kai #4 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 20:00

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 19,134
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010
It looks rather odd...
I can't see how this is going to be much of an improvement over the T-54... It's already weak as it is don't give the line a tier 10 as weak as the tank before it.

Schnaufer #5 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 20:17

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 234
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010
Nice to see some pictures of the tank my E-50AusfM will be kicking the teeth in of~

Whee #6 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 20:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 14,401
  • Member since:
    03-22-2011
Wow, thanks for the update. Hmm... Im thinking about the return of the T-54s now... Remember the beta says?

GonTo30 #7 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 20:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,857
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
Does the T-62 Prototype have 242mm of turret armor like the T-62? Does anyone know?

SocialFlaws #8 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 20:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011

View PostEsiliare, on Jun 30 2012 - 20:00, said:

It looks rather odd...
I can't see how this is going to be much of an improvement over the T-54... It's already weak as it is don't give the line a tier 10 as weak as the tank before it.
What's interesting is that while the in-game T-54 has the 120mm upper hull armor of one of its prototypes, I can't find anything close to that on the T-62A or its prototypes. Weaker hull armor? Comrade, it is time for balance stick.

cipher12 #9 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 20:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,248
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011
Don't suppose theres more pictures of the M48 yet?

Vornado #10 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 21:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,520
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
nice

Aurora_LN #11 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 21:41

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 442
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011
Looks ugly to me compared to T54.
Its... too smooth...

Grogidubnus #12 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 21:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,479
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

View PostITDUDE, on Jun 30 2012 - 19:58, said:

From SerB: the huge search-light/head-lamp will NOT have any hp associated with it.

Why not? Plenty of tanks with great turret armor have that little dish on top of the turret (access hatch) as their ultimate weakpoint, why not this tank? Oh wait, it's Russian...

GonTo30 #13 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,857
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostGrogidubnus, on Jun 30 2012 - 21:50, said:

Why not? Plenty of tanks with great turret armor have that little dish on top of the turret (access hatch) as their ultimate weakpoint, why not this tank? Oh wait, it's Russian...

Worse hull armor than its predecessor perhaps could be why.

McAwsome #14 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 21:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 363
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011

View PostGrogidubnus, on Jun 30 2012 - 21:50, said:

Why not? Plenty of tanks with great turret armor have that little dish on top of the turret (access hatch) as their ultimate weakpoint, why not this tank? Oh wait, it's Russian...
note to stupid kids their is a commanders hatch and it is a weak spot...

Marseille #15 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 22:13

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 522
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010

View PostGrogidubnus, on Jun 30 2012 - 21:50, said:

Why not? Plenty of tanks with great turret armor have that little dish on top of the turret (access hatch) as their ultimate weakpoint, why not this tank? Oh wait, it's Russian...

Sounds like you're just fishing for excuses to call out "Russian bias", while completely forgetting that the "plenty of tanks" you mentioned INCLUDE a bunch of Russian tanks. Besides, the T110's search-light also doesn't have a hitbox, so why should the T-62A be any different? :Smile_blinky:

Back on topic! I'm still kinda worried about how they'll balance this tank. I just can't think of many ways this could stand out as opposed to the other Tier 10s - but of course, the devs like to surprise us (not always in a good way, too!). And it looks a little funny, to boot. Are we looking at the tank when it's fully upgraded, or is it stock?

Edited by Marseille, Jun 30 2012 - 22:23.


streetluis #16 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 22:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,302
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostGrogidubnus, on Jun 30 2012 - 21:50, said:

Why not? Plenty of tanks with great turret armor have that little dish on top of the turret (access hatch) as their ultimate weakpoint, why not this tank? Oh wait, it's Russian...

Please do not have kids. Thanks

Tenryuu_Kai #17 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 22:26

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 19,134
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostMarseille, on Jun 30 2012 - 22:13, said:

Sounds like you're just fishing for excuses to call out "Russian bias", while completely forgetting that the "plenty of tanks" you mentioned INCLUDE a bunch of Russian tanks. Besides, the T110's search-light also doesn't have a hitbox, so why should the T-62A be any different? :Smile_blinky:

Back on topic! I'm still kinda worried about how they'll balance this tank. I just can't think of many ways this could stand out as opposed to the other Tier 10s - but of course, the devs like to surprise us (not always in a good way, too!). And it looks a little funny, to boot. Are we looking at the tank when it's fully upgraded, or is it stock?

Considering it is tier 10 it's bound to be elite at purchase, if not then the only upgrade(s) is may have is the gun and/or engines.
I'm also worried on how they'll balance it, considering it has weaker armor and is bigger than its predecessor.

Marseille #18 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 22:29

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 522
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010

View PostEsiliare, on Jun 30 2012 - 22:26, said:

Considering it is tier 10 it's bound to be elite at purchase, if not then the only upgrade(s) is may have is the gun and/or engines.
I'm also worried on how they'll balance it, considering it has weaker armor and is bigger than its predecessor.

I sure hope the devs make an exception for mediums, if only because the T-62A's turret looks too small on that chassis!

LoooSeR78V #19 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 22:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,749
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

View PostSocialFlaws, on Jun 30 2012 - 20:24, said:

What's interesting is that while the in-game T-54 has the 120mm upper hull armor of one of its prototypes, I can't find anything close to that on the T-62A or its prototypes. Weaker hull armor? Comrade, it is time for balance stick.
T-54 had 120mm glacis in mod. 1948 production model with ~1000 made. T-62A will have 100 mm at same angle. Armor is not balancing parametr - WG will balance it by other stats.

Edited by LoooSeR78V, Jun 30 2012 - 22:51.


How_Terrible #20 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 23:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,625
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011
I for see a lot of people mistaking that for a Type-59, and then regretting it. I will probably be one of them since I already do it with the Pershing and the T32.