IS-3 Equipment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Target_7 #21 Posted Jul 06 2012 - 15:09

Captain

• Players
  • 27524 battles
  • [GLION] GLION
Maybe I am getting played here but I am guessing this is your first tank that you want to add three items to??  

You only get three slots so you have to use all of your accumulated wisdom in WoT to this point to determine what THREE you want to have. If that were not the case then most of the replies to this and many other topics would be irrelevent.  Three choices not four.  Otherwise every tank out there would have rammer, vent, VS, GLD, WAR, spall liner, CO2, torsion bars, etc.

Now if the IS-3 were a premium tank I could understnd the question.

Sandman1969 #22 Posted Jul 06 2012 - 15:23

Major

• Players
  • 11915 battles
I just find it odd that most people never mention the toolboox when this topic comes up.
Plus, I didn't realize repairs could still be done without a toolbox.

Not first tank or anything. Just never paid that much attaention to modules other than grabbing what I really need. Usually, it's the toolbox & the rammer. Sometimes speed governer or w/e.

Nikolai_Mikoyan #23 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 03:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6448 battles

View PostSandman1969, on Jul 06 2012 - 13:49, said:

I had ramer in one, vert stab in second & toolbox in 3rd.
So if I put the vents in 3rd, I lose the toolbox.

Alright, then you need to choose. You can only demount the toolbox (provided that you have no gold) for the vents, but are you irritated by the module damages in the IS-3, that you need a toolbox that much.

Me however, have at least 2 of the 4 crew going for repair, one has already max it out. That's why I don't give much to the module damages. Yes, it's getting tracked a lot, not to mention other damages, especially gun. That is why I bring my consumabel small repair kit with me as the last resort to get me out of harms way when I was tracked.

Sandman1969 #24 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 13:31

Major

• Players
  • 11915 battles

View PostNikolai_Mikoyan, on Jul 07 2012 - 03:47, said:

Alright, then you need to choose. You can only demount the toolbox (provided that you have no gold) for the vents, but are you irritated by the module damages in the IS-3, that you need a toolbox that much.

Me however, have at least 2 of the 4 crew going for repair, one has already max it out. That's why I don't give much to the module damages. Yes, it's getting tracked a lot, not to mention other damages, especially gun. That is why I bring my consumabel small repair kit with me as the last resort to get me out of harms way when I was tracked.

Well for me, I get tracked a LOT. It's like I'm singled out even though I have other tanks around me.
I'll try the extra crew repais bit.

dsnoman #25 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 15:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17633 battles
^Train your guys in repair and u won't need a toolbox. At least thats what I do. I also carry a small repair kit, but i save that for ammo rack damage. With my guys fully trained in repair,  my tracks are only down for a few seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users