Jump to content


Tank Witches Quest 2: North Ifrike

Tank Witches Quest Interactive Game Witches Magic Many explosions Martians

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic

Speedycake582 #41 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 06:48

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14021 battles
  • 551
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
radley and miles?

Baron_de_Pencier #42 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 12:33

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3407 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View PostWake_Island, on Jul 09 2012 - 02:15, said:

Have a second witch craft trial.

As previously mentioned, witchcraft trials are not a popular thing anymore. You see, in times of extreme stress, untrained Witches can uncontrollably manifest their powers, usually with devastating results. The most obvious case of this is Salem, wherein a young witch observing the proceedings had a nervous breakdown and began to manifest her powers. Unfortunately, as modern science later discovered, her unique spell was the ability to 'crack' atomic nuclei, releasing the energy therein. To make a long story short, Salem is a still-radioactive hole in the ground, and people don't burn witches because leukemia is a terrible way to die.

View PostGuardPatroller, on Jul 09 2012 - 03:59, said:

Amandea was powerful right? And apparently "tasty" (so dirty! I'd +1 him if I had any left) ...
Aside from her... idk who else, choose randomly (who's the next strongest/hottest/has the biggest stryker?)
One vote for Amadea.
You're not actually sure who the strongest Witch in the 2nd or 3rd is. In terms of size of Striker, Latapie's B1 ter is the only vehicle in the two groups considered to be a heavy vehicle, although Miles' Matilda Mk. 2 and Leigh's Valentine Mk. 3 are both quite well-armoured as well.


View PostSpeedycake582, on Jul 09 2012 - 06:48, said:

radley and miles?

One for Radley-Walters, one for Miles.

View PostCadyshack, on Jul 09 2012 - 00:37, said:

@ that gunner's name question (forgot to include it): I'll toss in Klaus Knefler (kudos to anyone getting that reference).

You may want Piron and Miles for a flexible defense without being too restricted on movement.

Klaus Knefler it is, you Medal of Honour fan you. And you even got the theatre of war correct!

One vote for Piron, another for Miles.

So, it's looking like Miles and...?

Captholt #43 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 16:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13696 battles
  • 525
  • Member since:
    07-19-2011
amadea

Lionheart1917 #44 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 20:36

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 3261 battles
  • 4,048
  • Member since:
    11-20-2010
Piron.

Baron_de_Pencier #45 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 20:37

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3407 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View Postel_championdor, on Jul 09 2012 - 16:40, said:

amadea

View PostLionheart1917, on Jul 09 2012 - 20:36, said:

Piron.

Would you believe I was minutes away from writing the Miles/Amadea option when you posted this?

TIEBREAKER TIIIIIIME!

Lionheart1917 #46 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 20:43

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 3261 battles
  • 4,048
  • Member since:
    11-20-2010
XD ok i'll go for the miles/amadea thing. whatever lol.

Baron_de_Pencier #47 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 01:00

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3407 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
Several hours later, you, von Luck, Miles and Guillet are rolling down the long and lonesome road that loops south of the railway and then back north to Mersah Matruh. von Luck has briefed you in more detail, along with the rest of the team. It seems the convoy was already on its way west when the attack was made against the Nibeiwa base. Whatr had been planned as reserve units in the event of a Martian counterattack following Compass were simply upgraded to field operations status and shipped further up the line.  A train is bringing the troops up as far as possible, whereupon they'll be unloaded into trucks and driven the rest of the way. There's a small fortified outpost at the rail crossing where the unloading will occur, although ideally by the time you get there the trucks will already be en route.

You blink as you begin to lean a little bit too far forwards in your Striker. The night air is bitingly cold, but compared to the heat of the day it's quite comfy. The cool wind on your face combined with the smooth ride your Striker's suspension provides is just so soothing. The fact that no one is talking doesn't help matters. The four of you are pretty burnt-out (no pun intended), and you don't want to attract any undue attention. Losing this convoy would mean giving the Martians even more time to build up their forces, and make the success of Compass less and less certain.

{Stay with us, Colonel.}, von Luck says in your head. You weren't aware she had activated her spell.

You roll your eyes, harrumphing softly to yourself.

{Sorry, but I need something to keep me awake! Even if I could just listen to the wireless, hear what's going on... and would you please call me Charlotte? Calling me Colonel is fine in a battle situation, but when we're just covering distance- well, you get it.}

Von Luck gives the mental equivalent of a sigh.

{Fine. Charlotte. Wireless isn't an option, but I suppose a little conversation couldn't hurt. Can you hear me, everyone?}

Guillet stumbles, yelping, and almost nosedives into the gravel surface of the road. Miles suddenly stands up straighter in her Striker, looking around and blinking quickly. Hah! The stoic little Albionnienne was falling asleep too! You weren't the only one!

{Um, I- I hear you just fine, Oberst? Woah. This is neat. Hey! Major Miles! Isn't this neat?}

It's good to hear Guillet sounding happy again- up until the point where she trips, skidding along on one track for several tense seconds before she rights herself.

{Steady on, dear}, Miles sends. {You wouldn't want to fall at a time like this!}

{No. Right. Whoops. Hehehehe. Oh god I wish this Striker was a horse.}, Guillet sends, still looking a little wobbly.

{Mounted witches?}, von Luck says. {Quaint concept- I did a bit of riding as a child, back in Flensburg, before my Army service. I have met many horses of ancient pedigree, but I can't say I've ever met one capable of deflecting a heat ray.}

{Wait,} Guillet says, worriedly. {You heard that? Oh shit oh shit she know what I'm thinking don't think about anything inappropriate like that time I walked in on her in the showers and-}

You clear your throat, struggling not to laugh.

{Easy there, Amadea. Calm down. Try to clear your mind after each sentence. It helps things transmit more clearly.}

Miles turns back to look at you, giving a brief, goofy smile that is entirely at odds with the blondes' usual stoic demeanour.

{Quite.}

Everyone is silent after that, and you accelerate a little to roll next to Guillet, giving her a comforting pat on the shoulder. She shrugs at you a little sheepishly. Then you realize that there are distant lights glinting off of her sand-coloured Striker. von Luck is already decelerating.

{The convoy! I defer to you, Col- Charlotte.}

{Why am I always in charge, Hansi? We're the same rank!}

{I would truly prefer if you called me von Luck, please. Or just Oberst. And you've got seniority.}

Guillet grins, glancing towards Miles.

{So if Charlotte can call the Oberst- pffffchkhkhk Hansi, then could I get away with calling Miles Cecilia? Or- or maybe even -pffffffffhehehehehe- Glinda?}

Miles stares at her, aghast.

{How do you know my first name? No one calls me that! It's just Miles! Miles! Nothing else!}

{Oh. You all heard that?}

{Correct, Maggiore.}

{'Fraid so, Amadea.}

{For God's sakes it's listed as C.G. Miles on my military records! How in the hell did you get ahold of that?}

You pull along side the lead vehicle, getting as close as you can to the driver's window without stopping. The trucks have no running lights, and are basically unguarded, powering through the desert night. Their engines have been wrapped in cloth to muffle the noise, and it's working quite well. The driver gives you a nod, the female officer in the passenger seat a cheerful wave. You accelerate around the truck, settling in behind her.

"You're Colonel de Gaulle?" she says, sticking a hand out the window. You shake it, somewhat bemused by her thick Vespuccian accent. "Captain Milla Minderbinder, Albion Army Logistics Division, Ifrike Branch. It's a pleasure!"

"You're from Vespuccia", you say, still a little confused. "And you're a Witch? They didn't tell us there was a Witch in this convoy."

"Albion born, Vespuccian raised," she says. "And yeah, I'm a Witch. Well, sort of. My spell increases the processing power of my brain. I'm really, really good at logistics. Now, about this convoy defense you're supposed to be doing. What's good for this convoy is good for business, and I'd say we need some good right about now."

Right. How to keep these vehicles safe?
  • Spread the Witches out. You'll cover more ground and be better informed of incoming threats.
  • Keep everyone close to the convoy. If it is attacked, you'll be able to react faster.
  • Something else, maybe?


Final_Spark #48 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 01:19

    Captain

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 20840 battles
  • 1,335
  • Member since:
    04-06-2010
Spread out. They can come from any direction, so being informed is a huge priority.

Lionheart1917 #49 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 01:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 3261 battles
  • 4,048
  • Member since:
    11-20-2010
Send some units to scout for enemies, but keep some units close to the convoy to prevent a surprise attack.

8112204 #50 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 02:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17625 battles
  • 1,819
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011
Mmm... interesting thread.



Yes, spread out, away from the convoy. Defend it as one would do with artillery; not by camping right beside it but by moving in front of it to screen any attackers before the enemy actually lights up the objective being defended.

Or uh... can Martians dig underground and come right up on the convoy, bypassing the screen? In which case, some defenders sitting right on top of the convoy could help as well.

GuardPatroller #51 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 05:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2931 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Could I get an image of what these Strykers look like? When I read metal trousers a while back, my mind basically pictured cheese pants with a breadstick gun sticking from the... You get the idea. (Please don't make me continue this thought, lol.)
SMB3 tanks would be more accurate...
Posted Image

So. I would say set up an ambush. In the bushes, if applicable. Just hide, and if you see Martians within an hour, unleash hell. If not, they might not be coming, and push forward to the next base, still aware. (Though yes, send out some form of a scout. Something like an E-50 which can get up to a good speed but beat the hell out of them if they engage head-on (unless they have something like an E-100) ).

Edited by GuardPatroller, Jul 10 2012 - 05:52.


MiniMaus #52 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 07:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 583 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012
Spread out.

Final_Spark #53 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 08:50

    Captain

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 20840 battles
  • 1,335
  • Member since:
    04-06-2010

View PostGuardPatroller, on Jul 10 2012 - 05:51, said:

Could I get an image of what these Strykers look like?

Here's one based on a Matilda II:
Spoiler                     

Not sure how any of that stuff actually works, like how the tracks work or gun mechanics. The magic stuff is obviously magic and I think I heard somewhere that ammo is magically condensed until it is loaded which is why we get Hollywood amounts of ammo.

Baron_de_Pencier #54 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 20:49

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3407 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View PostGuardPatroller, on Jul 10 2012 - 05:51, said:

Could I get an image of what these Strykers look like? When I read metal trousers a while back, my mind basically pictured cheese pants with a breadstick gun sticking from the... You get the idea. (Please don't make me continue this thought, lol.)
SMB3 tanks would be more accurate...
Posted Image

So. I would say set up an ambush. In the bushes, if applicable. Just hide, and if you see Martians within an hour, unleash hell. If not, they might not be coming, and push forward to the next base, still aware. (Though yes, send out some form of a scout. Something like an E-50 which can get up to a good speed but beat the hell out of them if they engage head-on (unless they have something like an E-100) ).

Cadyshack's got what you need, Striker appearance-wise. See below.

Setting up an ambush for the Martians behind some bushes would be a good idea, if you had bushes. (You miss bushes. They would really spice up the desert. Cacti just aren't the same.) And if you weren't on escort duty. For all you know, the nearest Martian is continents away. You can't ambush what you don't know is there. And what's an E-100? Sounds vaguely like Kievannan tank technology, except they generally use the T-prefix. What would that even stand for? And why the 100? Is that tonnage? That would be ridiculous. Why would anyone in their right mind build a 100-ton tank?

Strikers! With an 'i'! If this were set in modern times, there would be Stryker Strikers, but not Striker Strykers.

View PostCadyshack, on Jul 10 2012 - 08:50, said:

Here's one based on a Matilda II:
Spoiler                     

Not sure how any of that stuff actually works, like how the tracks work or gun mechanics. The magic stuff is obviously magic and I think I heard somewhere that ammo is magically condensed until it is loaded which is why we get Hollywood amounts of ammo.
That image is actually the semi-canonical Major Miles, who as you can tell I am also including (in slightly modified form) in this Quest (what can I say, I was running out of historical tankers who served in North Africa!)My mental version of the Tank Witches Strikers is fundamentally the same, albeit larger and better armoured. Think the same design as that picture, only with metal plates covering the waist/crotch area (trying to tone down the fanservice to reasonable levels here), with more body armour on the torso and shoulders and some sort of neck/upper torso unit containing the radio controls and sighting equipment. Also, the track units are larger, wider and occupy more of the foot area- Tank Strikers don't have ankles or feet, they have a series of flexible, spring-loaded toes or claws that the tracks balance on when they're in walking configuration.

As for where everything fits, the in-canon explanation is that the magic engines in Strikers can generate pocket dimensions, which is where ammunition and the legs of the pilots are kept. Loading of shells is done mechanically from the pocket dimension to the gun itself. There is only ever one shell on the Witch's person at any time, making ammo rack explosions a non-issue. The Strikers themselves are basically solid machinery.Also, I'm choosing to believe that the calibres of the guns are as they were IRL, but the barrels are kept fairly light with high calibres relative to their width- the same telekinesis that keeps the Witch upright also keeps the gun from exploding and the shells travelling at high accuracy from a shorter barrel.Telekinesis (and the super-strength it provides) also helps with gun stabilization and recoil absorption, althoughStrikers increasingly incorporate mechanical gun stabilization to reduce the strain on the Witch when aiming and firing.

Now I'm debating whether or not to make it canon that the total destruction of a Witch's Striker results in their legs being severed below the thigh as the pocket dimension collapses. Creepy.

View Post8112204, on Jul 10 2012 - 02:17, said:

Or uh... can Martians dig underground and come right up on the convoy, bypassing the screen? In which case, some defenders sitting right on top of the convoy could help as well.

As far as you know, no one has ever encountered a burrowing Martian. Martian's don't dig earth, they eat it. Seriously. That's how they build new Martians. Constructor Martians can build huge Extractor Towers which eat away at the earth around them, sorting out valuable minerals and converting the rest into the hardened carbon fibres which are their primary building material. One of the first necessities of reclaiming Martian-held territory is re-establishing a layer of topsoil- they eat the stuff like candy because it's so high in carbon-based life and minerals.

Glad you're asking questions, folks! Given that this has turned into a world-building post, I'll continue the quest proper in the next post. Stay tuned!

Lionheart1917 #55 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 21:17

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 3261 battles
  • 4,048
  • Member since:
    11-20-2010

View PostCadyshack, on Jul 10 2012 - 08:50, said:

Here's one based on a Matilda II:
Spoiler                     

Not sure how any of that stuff actually works, like how the tracks work or gun mechanics. The magic stuff is obviously magic and I think I heard somewhere that ammo is magically condensed until it is loaded which is why we get Hollywood amounts of ammo.

dammit, I pictured them in real tanks :(

Baron_de_Pencier #56 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 22:47

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3407 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View PostMiniMaus, on Jul 10 2012 - 07:23, said:

Spread out.

View Post8112204, on Jul 10 2012 - 02:17, said:

Yes, spread out, away from the convoy. Defend it as one would do with artillery; not by camping right beside it but by moving in front of it to screen any attackers before the enemy actually lights up the objective being defended.

View PostLionheart1917, on Jul 10 2012 - 01:38, said:

Send some units to scout for enemies, but keep some units close to the convoy to prevent a surprise attack.

View PostCadyshack, on Jul 10 2012 - 01:19, said:

Spread out. They can come from any direction, so being informed is a huge priority.

View PostGuardPatroller, on Jul 10 2012 - 05:51, said:

(Though yes, send out some form of a scout.)

"Captain Minderbinder, we don't have any intention of standing in the way of business. I'll be in touch."

{Von Luck?}

{Ready and waiting, Charlotte.}

{We're spreading out. You, me and Miles in an advanced spearhead formation, with Guillet taking up the convoy's rearguard.}

{You think she's a liability in a fight?}

You sigh to yourself.

{I don't think she can shoot and drive at the same time. Girl still needs to get a lot done if she's gonna be a Witch.}

{Understood. Miles?}

{Reading you loud and clear, Oberst. What can I do for you?}

{Spearhead formation. Spread out in front of the convoy. Comb the desert.}

{And to think, I left my hairbrush back at base. Moving out, Oberst.}

{What.}

You smile to yourself. Maybe Miles is capable of more than two emotions (namely, confusion and stoicism). You throttle away from the convoy, signalling Guillet to stay put.

{Albionnic humour, von Luck. Takes some getting used to.}

{Quite. Maggiore Guillet?}

{Y-yes?}

{We need a rearguard. Patrol the length of the convoy. Signal every five minutes, telepathy only.}

{Understood.Oh, now they're giving me shit duty because I'm not good enough.}

She pulls back down the column, and von Luck gives you a significant glance. You shrug apologetically. It's unfortunate, but for all her skills and enthusiasm Guillet is fairly undertrained. You'd heard rumours that the Oenotrians were basically throwing their Witch population at Strikers and conscripting them into the armed forces, but this... you had no idea.

You move out into the desert, the engines of your Striker taking on a new tone as the shifting sand saps your momentum. Gritting your teeth, you divert more power into the engines, slowly moving faster and faster. Almost automatically, you drop into the peculiar skating motion that lets a Striker make the best speed on soft terrain. Soon, the three of you are spread out in the desert, the convoy a faint point of light behind you. You've got about four hours left until you hit Nibeiwa.

It's a little after Guillet's twenty-seventh check-in that you see the light. Just a single pinpoint of red light on the horizon. By the time the heat-ray hits your shields and disippates with a sharp crack!, you've already got the 75mm raised and are peering down the sight. The built-in scrying spells help cut through the darkness a little bit, but only barely. You can only see the faint outlines of the Martian Tripods pouring over the dunes. There look to be ten of the machines, their coffin-shaped legs whirling as they totter with deceptive speed across the sand. Time to break radio silence.

"Contact!" you shout, tuning to the general frequency. "Ten Martians, Tripod-class, straight ahead!"

"Acknowledged," says von Luck, who's patrolling the far right flank. "Moving to engage."

"A bit of a problem here, ladies," says Miles, indefatigable as always. "We've got a force of Constructors on the road. They're tearing up the road surface. I'd love to help but if they keep working we won't be able to get the convoy through."

"Understood! von Luck and I will be all right! Keep that road clear!"

More and more heat-rays start to come your way as the Tripods arrange themselves into a rough semi-circle, sweeping towards you. You deactivate your 75mm's safeties, and the loading mechanism clunks as an armour-piercer falls into place. Rays of red light bend past you, those that don't get deflected by your Grandeur bouncing harmlessly off your shields. The gun stabilizer activates, and suddenly the reticle on your scope isn't moving shaking at all. Renault's done a good job here. You fire. One Tripod is spun around by the impact, collapsing in a tangle of limbs as the shot shears away one of its legs. You deliberately decelerate, waiting for the cannon to reload. A shell clunks into place. A second Martian collapses, its core exposed. You punch the throttle, roaring towards the downed machine as three more close in to block your advance. Their heat-rays glow brilliant red. No problem.

"La Grandeur!"

The shots hit you, rotate about you in a thin disk, then lance back, tearing off the three tripod's weapon emplacement in a blaze of crimson light. They make a half-hearted attempt to stomp on you, but you slip past them in a rushing cloud of sand, ramping off a dune and delivering a falling kick to the exposed core of the Martian just before its hull regenerates back over the hole. The Tripod goes silent, its red weapon ports fading away to blackness. Unfortunately, the kick left you at a complete halt atop the Martian's corpse, and the other Tripods take the opportunity to send huge volumes of fire your way. Your cannon clicks. Shit, you're really gonna have to badger Renault to get him to decrease the load times on this thing. You aim down the sights, ignoring the incoming fire, and kill the formerly-legless Martian before it can stagger back upright on a newly-regenerated leg. You've got nothing in the gun. Shit. Time to improvise. Shifting power away from the weapon to your telekinesis, you pull a leg off of the Tripod beneath you with a grunt, then accelerate to the nearby trio of machines. Their shots crackle off the carbon fibre, nearly knocking you off your feet as you heft the heavy load. If you weren't a Witch, what you're about to do would be physically impossible. You carve into a spin, letting your momentum carry the leg around. And then you heave. It catches two of the three across the legs, blowing them over. You gun clunks. You move in for the kill.

{Charlotte, careful!}

An explosion tears through the downed Martians, and out of the night roars von Luck, 75mm siege gun in one hand, a huge double-magazined MG-34 in the other. She's firing on full-auto, the armour-piercing bullets tearing through the three Tripods. Your cannon coughs, and the one standing has its top half torn off, leaving the core barely connected to the rest of its body. You pull out your sidearm, and a single 7.65mm armour-piercing bullet shatters the core. von Luck puts a few more rounds into her two helpless victims, before looking up, her face the model of aristocratic calm.

"Five down, five to go. Shall we?"

"Let's."

She turns and fires a high-explosive shot into the remaining clump of Tripods, which seem to be unsure how to deal with a new threat.

"Say, Charlotte.", she says idly, as the two of you race towards the rising pillar of smoke.

"Yes, Oberst von Luck?"

"How good is that spell of yours at deflecting bullets? Say, if I were to shoot at you from behind, they'd curve around you, yes?"

You nod, seeing what she's planning.

"The trajectory of the shells would be unpredictable, but I would be fine. Let me get in front of you."

She decelerates behind you, MG-34 raised. The smoke clears, revealing that at least four of the Martians are looking somewhat the worse for wear.

"This is for Gaulle." you say, raising your cannon. Then von Luck opens fire. The bullets whizz around you like a storm of angry hornets, cutting into the damaged Tripods and sending them reeling. Two of them go down almost immediately. The other two take a few more seconds of fire, but they too go silent. von Luck's machine gun clicks empty. The remaining Tripod turns to retreat. You pull the trigger. It falls, torso torn open. You set your Striker in walking mode, stalking slowly towards it as you draw your pistol. The Core is cracked but not broken, its pink sheen oddly hypnotic. Core Psychosis is an established fact, now. Extended close proximity to Martian technology in an active state does strange things to human brain chemistry. For short stretches, though... you press the pistol directly against the glass surface of the core. Its surface begins to tarnish and blacken as the core's surface begins to convert it into more hull material.

"And this is for Humanity."

You pull the trigger. The Martian dies.

Your radio crackles. It's Miles.

"Hate to bother you two, but I'm in a spot of difficulty. It's not just constructors. They've brought up a pair of Rooks."

von Luck suddenly explodes into a torrent of very- well, un-Luck-y language.

"-verdammt Rooks. Scheisse. This is just what we needed. Stand by. We're on our way.

Rooks are bad news. They're named after the chess piece because of their penchant for straight-line, very direct Heat-ray fire. They can maintain a single beam for whole minutes at a time, which is often long enough to burn through- well, burn through a whole convoy in a single stroke. A single Rook, unopposed, could easily take out the convoy. A few seconds after you and von Luck have begun to move back towards the road, there's a signal from Guillet.

"Bad news. There are some Tripods attacking the convoy directly."

"WHAT?!" shrieks von Luck. "Change of plans! Moving to assist!"

"Oberst, there's no need! It's just a couple Tripods! I can do this!"

Miles breaks in.

"It seems I miscounted earlier. They've got a Cloudburst. And a third Rook. If it's not too much trouble, some cover would be most appreciated."

There is an odd pleading note in Guillet's voice.

"Please. Help Miles. I'm all right. I can protect them."

von Luck looks at you, her eyes wild in a placid face.

"Well?! We don't have time for this!"
  • Help Miles. Guillet deserves a chance.
  • Help Guillet. If they're attacking the convoy, then this mission is already a failure.
  • Call for help. You might be able to get a radio message off to the camp at Nibeiwa.


Lionheart1917 #57 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 23:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 3261 battles
  • 4,048
  • Member since:
    11-20-2010
Help miles and call Nibeiwa.

Also, what is a cloudburst, and what does it do?

8112204 #58 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 23:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17625 battles
  • 1,819
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011
Tripods seem rather fragile if they are vulnerable to machine gun fire, so help Miles with the larger threats, which must be dealt with eventually. Calling for additional help would not hurt.

GuardPatroller #59 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 23:58

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2931 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
(E-100, because you asked http://mypaper.pchom...avc/A1234680528)

So they have three rooks, some tripods, and a cloudburst? Leave the cloudburst to the others, but if all three rooks (by the way you described them) start attacking, you're f***ed. Let Guillet take down the tripods, radio for help immediately (if it's wireless anyway, if you have to go back to the camp, screw it) and direct your attention to the three rooks. Minutes of heat ray fire... Much more dangerous than, what, four simple tripods? Go straight to Miles, do not past go, do not collect $200.

And thanks for the clarification on their look. So they are basically on their knees (below their knees) when in driving mode while back is vertical and guns are in hands/chest. Alright.

GuardPatroller #60 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 23:59

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2931 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Oh, the cloudburst is with the rook. Then attack that thing as well, after going straight to miles. If you can stall the rooks, help will arrive eventually. Unless it's wired, in which case, don't bother going back to base to send a simple message. It'll kill you all before you make it back. And it is in a desert, I see. Bushes :(




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users