VikingTy, on Jul 13 2012 - 08:28, said:
People get picked on
People don't try
No reason to allow this bullshit mod, It's used the majority of the time to harass new players.
You are completely wrong - I don't think you really know what you are talking about.
Very few people leave a battle because of what XVM mod says, I've seen way more people leave for other reasons and I'm sure more people used to rage quit the battle back before the XVM mod existed.
People get picked on for all sorts of reasons, since well before the XVM mod existed. I've seen people picked on that wouldn't have been if the jerk had XVM installed.
Sure some people don't try, but those with the XVM mod are rarely those people.
And there are many reasons to allow this mod.
I can guarantee that it is NOT used the majority of the time to harass new players, in fact the majority of the time you are not even aware that the player has the XVM mod. I know I very rarely give any indication at all to anyone on either team that I have XVM running.
TalonV, on Jul 13 2012 - 18:25, said:
Frankly i have a 48% win ratio and i could give a damn if you have it installed or not.
Now if you're going to go by the battle predictor and rage quit, then you're an asshat and should just uninstall the game regardless of your win record.
If you're going to trust a HIGHLY inaccurate POS predictor like it's direct quote from god on how the battle is going to turn out, GTFO.
Now if you're going to use it for deciding threat levels, who to trust and who not to trust, more power to you.
Here is a more clued up & sensible player!
I have the XVM mod installed and I don't really care if your win rate is only 48%, that is around average and I'm sure you have plenty of good battles.
You are right about the predictor being inaccurate, I've won ~20% win prediction battles and even been on a team that lost despite XVM suggesting a 95% chance of winning. I ALWAYS take the prediction with a grain of salt! I suspect that all XVM users learn the same thing!
The people that install XVM are people that care about statistics, they are more likely to want to improve their own efficiency & win rate. That means that they are LESS likely to rage quit!
Some people just don't understand the benefits of running XVM, such as:
- Clan recruiters can see which players are worth recruiting. I am a recruiter for ADD and have frequent contact with ADR (our sister clan) recruiters - I look out for likely prospects for either clan.
- After you die in battle you can follow other players, XVM tells you the best players to try to learn from. Some that you can learn what to do from and others that you can learn what NOT to do from.
- XVM lets you prioritise targets to help your team more to get the win.
- XVM lets you know which of your team mates to be wary of, you don't want to rely to heavily on the low win rate & efficiency player! You may see that they will need more help from you if you don't want a flank to collapse or you may see that you will have to go help them to reset the cap because there is a high chance they will fail alone.
- XVM lets you know what battles are theoretically 50/50 - which you should take as a warning that what you do is more likely than normal to make the difference between winning & losing.