Major graphic issue...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Neogenex #1 Posted Jul 13 2012 - 14:00

Captain

• Players
  • 9881 battles
  • [BIMBO] BIMBO
I havent played in about 2 or 3 months and decided to come back and say hi to some old friends... well, when I log on and get into garage, I have serious "tearing" and "ripping" of the graphics. The lower right corner of my screen is "peeled" up like a book page and I can only see about half my total screen... everything else is all distorted and "shredded". I messed with my graphics (in game), well, from as much as I could see, and it didnt help. I managed to pull up general chat and was able to ask, I tried everything everyone suggested, from changing graphics to rebooting my PC. Nothing worked. Last time I played was arund 7.4 launch and I didnt have any issues. Now I cant do anything in the game and Im rather annoyed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It wont let me post a pic, it tells me:  Used 481.4K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 18.6K)... even though I have never posted a pic or a video... so how did I "use" up my global upload.... so I used imageshack, here is link:

http://imageshack.us.../shot001di.jpg/

Tiger_Tank_Tim #2 Posted Jul 13 2012 - 14:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9510 battles
  • [-SAS-] -SAS-
What kind of graphics card do you have? The Nvidia series can be kind of unstable with certian programs. But then again, I have a Geforce 9800 Gt and it works like a dream :)
Its a problem with the video card. Try replacing it with a different card altogether, that might work.

Neogenex #3 Posted Jul 13 2012 - 14:18

Captain

• Players
  • 9881 battles
  • [BIMBO] BIMBO
Can't replace it on a laptop. I never had a provlem with it before and it works perfect on all other games, includingWoWP Beta. It was working fine after 7.4. I took a break from game, come back, and its all messed up.

Sandman1969 #4 Posted Jul 13 2012 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 11830 battles
  • [-AIA-] -AIA-
Try doing a completely fresh install of the card.
Uninstall all drivers & then use driver sweeper to clean up any leftovers.
Then remove the card from device manager & restart.
After restart, let the PC install the card device & then install fresh, new drivers.

Neogenex #5 Posted Jul 13 2012 - 23:03

Captain

• Players
  • 9881 battles
  • [BIMBO] BIMBO
I did a factory reset of my PC and it fixed the problem. I tried everything else, including drivers and nothing worked. Well, at least its fixed.