Question about installing advanced skins (graffiti, tracks, scripts)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

White_Eagle #1 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 03:19

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22501 battles
  • [GKC] GKC
I have installed basic skins successfully for World of Tanks but sometimes the files come with extra stuff like a tracks file or a graffiti_stickers.dds file or even a scripts folder.

Where do these go? If I put a specific graffiti_stickers file in, can it be done so only the tank mod its intended for uses it and not every tank I have?

I have searched up and down this forum and the EU forum but I could not find a concise answer to installing anything but the basic skin mods without the extras.

If anyone could point me to an English speaking forum or guide that would be great!

Thank you in advance,
White Eagle

dwaindwarf #2 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 03:45

Captain

• Players
  • 26651 battles
The graffiti_stickers file  goes in res_mods/0.7.4/gui/maps/vehicles/decals and removes the nationality marker for all tanks.

American track files go into res_mods/0.7.4/vehicles/american/Tracks

White_Eagle #3 Posted Jul 15 2012 - 04:00

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22501 battles
  • [GKC] GKC
Thanks Dwaindwarf, the tracks makes sense to me now.  So if I am installing a mod with American tracks for lets say a T-34 and it uses a file called T-29 tracks, all my tanks will have T-29 style tracks?

Any idea about the script folder? It appears to be Scripts/item_defs/vehicles/USA/.xml file

+1 to you!

Edited by White_Eagle, Jul 15 2012 - 04:01.

Final_Spark #4 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 00:41

Captain

• Special Beta Testers
  • 18603 battles
  • [SCRHD] SCRHD
A lot of the track files are used by multiple tanks (the T29, T34, and I believe T30 share the T29 file).

That graffiti stickers file will also apply to all tanks. If the author only changed one decal, then only that country's decal will be changed. The most common change to the decals is removing them, which is just a blank file.

I'm not sure if you want to use that scripts folder if it came from before the 7.4 update. At least before, the scripts folder just went in the version number directory. (so res_mods/0.7.#/scripts). However, mine broke the game after the update and there's now a scripts folder in res_bw.

I guess to use the scripts folder, you put it in res_bw. I'd back that folder up, though. Just in case.

White_Eagle #5 Posted Jul 16 2012 - 02:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22501 battles
  • [GKC] GKC
Thanks Cadyshack, I wont mess with the scripts...the mods still look great.  Can't even tell what I am missing