Jump to content


Operation Think Tank 2012 Panel Response Discussion Thread


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

GeneralDirection #21 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 21:02

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 5960 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostRazven, on Jul 30 2012 - 14:33, said:

Chief, will we get a better video with better audio and fixed captioning during the 1 on 1 Q&A sessions for EP1?

Better audio is not possible. We were at a remote location, outdoors, so we had to make due with what we had. A museum in the middle of nowhere does not make for the best in audio recording. :)

edlewies #22 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 21:16

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 14805 battles
  • 1,237
  • Member since:
    10-30-2010

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jul 31 2012 - 21:02, said:

Better audio is not possible. We were at a remote location, outdoors, so we had to make due with what we had. A museum in the middle of nowhere does not make for the best in audio recording. :)

i think you guys should initiate "Operation Tell Us When the Patch is Coming Out"  :Smile-hiding:

GeneralDirection #23 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 21:36

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 5960 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View Postedlewies, on Jul 31 2012 - 21:16, said:

i think you guys should initiate "Operation Tell Us When the Patch is Coming Out"  :Smile-hiding:

This is not the thread to request that in. :)

The_Chieftain #24 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 21:38

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 9526 battles
  • 9,456
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
I do like his sig banner, though. Reminds me of the old days...

edlewies #25 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 21:40

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 14805 battles
  • 1,237
  • Member since:
    10-30-2010

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jul 31 2012 - 21:36, said:

This is not the thread to request that in. :)

sowwie


@ Chief

<--- old time OCS player

Edited by edlewies, Jul 31 2012 - 21:40.


Folterknecht #26 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 22:10

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 836 battles
  • 683
  • [LABS] LABS
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Jul 29 2012 - 16:48, said:

Depends on how many people watch it. It cost a fair bit to put together, and the hit counter isn't exactly blurred from speed. Help spread the word, the more, the more likely we'll have a 2013.

Hi Chief!

I m from the EU-Server ... the thing is this video didnt even make into news portal yet, only one lonly thread from a Mod appeared in the forum ... and I think the same thing is true for the RU-Server. The second issue I had ... why do I have to register ffs??? I realy dont like to give away email adresses, so I had to go and creat a junk mail adress first.

But the 2h video is really interesting, lots of information u usually dont find in some tv shows. The only thing I didnt like was the medicore sound. My native language is german, so bad audio doesnt make it easier for none native speakers, but I was able to understand 90% of what was said.

Q: When will the second part be out???

thanks

Folterknecht

Edited by Folterknecht, Jul 31 2012 - 22:11.


Yoott #27 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 02:29

    Commissioner of the WGLNA

  • Administrator
  • 24070 battles
  • 7,325
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011
Im about 20 min in so far so good :-) lots of great info....

PS Chieftain You definitely get more comfortable as you go on... you looked a little fidgety at the start hehe

Dominatus #28 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 02:56

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10311 battles
  • 13,793
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    12-21-2010

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jul 31 2012 - 21:02, said:

Better audio is not possible. We were at a remote location, outdoors, so we had to make due with what we had. A museum in the middle of nowhere does not make for the best in audio recording. :)

At least some closed captioning then?

GCTR21 #29 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 07:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14732 battles
  • 834
  • [BL4DE] BL4DE
  • Member since:
    10-05-2011

View PostFolterknecht, on Jul 31 2012 - 22:10, said:

Hi Chief!

I m from the EU-Server ... the thing is this video didnt even make into news portal yet, only one lonly thread from a Mod appeared in the forum ... and I think the same thing is true for the RU-Server. The second issue I had ... why do I have to register ffs??? I realy dont like to give away email adresses, so I had to go and creat a junk mail adress first.

But the 2h video is really interesting, lots of information u usually dont find in some tv shows. The only thing I didnt like was the medicore sound. My native language is german, so bad audio doesnt make it easier for none native speakers, but I was able to understand 90% of what was said.

Q: When will the second part be out???

thanks

Folterknecht
Welcome to the NA forums, where there are more trolls than players and the place where the patch goes out 5 days after the RU and EU cluster, have fun!

AiD_NEW #30 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 08:55

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    04-12-2012
:Smile_popcorn1:

Yoott #31 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 12:27

    Commissioner of the WGLNA

  • Administrator
  • 24070 battles
  • 7,325
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostThe_Choosen1, on Aug 01 2012 - 07:42, said:

Welcome to the NA forums, where there are more trolls than players and the place where the patch goes out 5 days after the RU and EU cluster, have fun!


Example number 1 see above

Razven #32 Posted Aug 03 2012 - 11:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 42 battles
  • 4,135
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Jul 31 2012 - 21:02, said:

Better audio is not possible. We were at a remote location, outdoors, so we had to make due with what we had. A museum in the middle of nowhere does not make for the best in audio recording. :)
I was hoping more of the audio being tweaked through the use of the equalizer to remove more of the ambient noise.

Vozhd #33 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 04:34

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12019 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
Loved the fist video, great info and fun.

Any idea when the afternoon video is coming up ?

burning_phoneix #34 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 15:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 7121 battles
  • 826
  • [WCI] WCI
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011
I was wondering why the video stream was taking so long to load....then I found out!

When I go the stream page, ALL 3 VIDEOS ARE BEING LOADED AT ONCE, NOT JUST THE LATEST VIDEO!

This is a serious error Chief, perhaps place each video on a seperate page?

Tailgunner69 #35 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 17:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 21532 battles
  • 32
  • [DPUSA] DPUSA
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011
Just watched all 3 and all I can say is WOW.

I didn't notice a problem with the audio so I gather the audio feed was scrubbed.

Just wish I had seen a notice on this event. Would have been there.

Please sir may I have some more? lol

The_Chieftain #36 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 17:50

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 9526 battles
  • 9,456
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View Postburning_phoneix, on Aug 04 2012 - 15:18, said:

I was wondering why the video stream was taking so long to load....then I found out!

When I go the stream page, ALL 3 VIDEOS ARE BEING LOADED AT ONCE, NOT JUST THE LATEST VIDEO!

This is a serious error Chief, perhaps place each video on a seperate page?

Fair catch. Should be fixed now.

Zland_Zuul #37 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 23:36

    Private

  • Players
  • 10412 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
Was very informative, hope to see more of these in the future, I would of thought uploading the videos to YouTube if you haven't already might help get more views?.  

The usefulness of the Panther as described in the video pretty much sums up how I feel about many German tanks in WOT, they have good long range guns, but the fighting you are doing is not really long range, so the main advantage that they do have goes out the window for the most part.

Tabardar #38 Posted Aug 05 2012 - 11:23

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17474 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012
very great and hope theres still more :D

Razven #39 Posted Aug 05 2012 - 19:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 42 battles
  • 4,135
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
Do we have an ETA on the next (afternoon) segment of this surprisingly fun yet educational video?

Gigaton #40 Posted Aug 05 2012 - 19:24

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 872
  • Member since:
    11-11-2010
Just DL:d the whole thing since I could be bothered to wait for the chapters anymore.

Thanks a lot to Chieftain, the panel members and for NA community team for this. Hope you do it again next year.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users