WoT Guru is a website I personally run on my own and it started as a passion for helping players learn the ins and outs of World of Tanks in 2012. You can find handcrafted weak spot guides based on effective armor value and countless hours of playtime. Individual tank guides break down specific tanks based on firepower, armor, mobility, miscellaneous attributes, and in-depth tactics tailored to each tank. If you need help learning the maps in World of Tanks then map strategies provide a huge tactical advantage over others who do not know the ins and outs of each map. There are dozens of other helpful guides, articles, and hundreds of videos uploaded to help you learn everything you need to know about World of Tanks.
Reasons to Watch
- I've been playing since 2011 and have a 9,405 personal rating. Only padders care about WN8, if you must know I'm purple.
- 217 tanks to request from for me to play. I always take requests every stream, and don't make you tip to request a tank. Seriously why do some streamers do this?
- I only stream on Youtube. Which means the best quality viewing for you and crystal clear streaming.
- Viewer interaction. I read every message in chat, answer all questions, and usually make a lot of bad jokes.
- Hate watching immature streamers? No worries here, I am a 50 year old stuck in a 26 year old body.
- Experience. Not only have I played WoT since 2011 but running WoTGuru.com has meant that I've created over 400+ guides for World of Tanks.
Reasons not to Watch
- You hate how I say Löwe. Don't expect me pronouncing other languages to sound pretty, I did grow up near Philadelphia after all.
- You don't like the official stream mascot, Levi, my adorable English Springer Spaniel. He's our resident snoring dog during the stream.
- Cursing, trolling, and being a turd is your primary objective. You'll promptly be muted
Current Stream Schedule:
Link to Current Live Stream + Live Chat:
YouTube Gaming: gaming.youtube.com/c/codymenz/live (Main stream + live chat shown on stream)
New Player Tips:
Intermediate Player Tips:
Advanced Player Tips:
World of Tanks Equipment Guide:
World of Tanks Terminology:
Which Clan War Tank is Right for You & Tank Roles in Clan Wars:
Clan Wars Checklist:
How Armor Works:
Shell Types and Shell Mechanics:
Useful World of Tanks Links:
Do's and Don'ts:
Using Gold Wisely:
When DPM is Important and When it is Not:
Revamping WoT's Matchmaking and Balancing:
Map strategies on WoT Guru break down individual maps according to either team into key routes, positions, and tactics to use depending on which flank you are on. Since maps change often all maps linked here below are up to date, while many more can be found on WoT Guru under "all map strategies" that even has maps previously removed from the game.
All Map Strategies:
Weak Spot Guides
Weak spot guides started WoT Guru in the early days of World of Tanks where learning weak spots was crucial and readily available information about armor schemes wasn't available. Each weak spot guide is handcrafted based on the tank's model plus personal testing of what works and what doesn't work in actual gameplay. Armor strength is rated based off of effective armor and several different views are provided for each tank.
VK 72.01 (K):
Waffenträger Auf E 100:
Type 5 Heavy:
VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B:
Type 4 Heavy:
PzKpfw VIB Tiger II:
Jagdtiger 8.8 cm Pak 43:
T-54 First Prototype:
AMX AC mle. 48:
AMX M4 49:
VK 100.01 P:
VK 45.02 Ausf. A:
T26E5 & T26E5 Patriot:
PzKpfw VI Tiger (P):
Vk 3001 (P):
T1 Heavy Tank:
PzKpfw 38 (t):
PzKpfw. II Ausf. J:
FCM 36 Pak 40:
Vickers Medium MK 1:
Each tank guide breaks down an individual tank based on its firepower, armor, mobility, and other miscellaneous attributes to give a complete picture of how a tank performs. Specific tactics detailed for the tank are also provided to tailor a specific style of play for each individual tanks uniqueness.
T26E4 Super Pershing:
Panther Mit 8.8 cm L/71:
Type 5 Chi-Ri:
VK 30.02 (D):
Matilda Black Prince
Großtraktor – Krupp:
Edited by C_Menz, Yesterday, 09:48 PM.