What would be the very best piece of equipment to put on the IS?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

HOTA_CHATON #1 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I am grinding the IS to the IS-3, but of course.  In all honesty and sencerity, I need to know what else would be really good to put on it.  I have
already mounted the Vents, Rammer, and trained my crew to 75%.  I was thinking of buying the Cyclone filter and the Governor Removal
Device to put on it.  That way, I can turn off the Governor and run my IS at it very top speed and it should help me get around on the
battlefield.

What do you think?  Should I do this of is there something else I really need to put on their, which would help me in my grind.

Thanks for your honest answers, just tell it like it is.

Edited by HOTA_CHATON, Jul 29 2012 - 05:37.

fiGhtiNg_iRiSh #2 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 05:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
rammer and vents are musts...

The 3rd would have to be one of 2 things.....

Vert Stab or Gun Laying drive...

Vert stab if you find yourself flanking and shooting on the move at close range...

Or

Gun Laying Drive for stop and shot type of tanking..

Depends mostly on your playing style...

I ran Rammer/GLD/Vents...

Good Luck,

iRiSh

Firemoth #3 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 06:21

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
vent, rammer, GLD or vert stab.

you do not need cyclone filter + govenor combo cause you already have very good acceleration and you reach the top speed of 33kmph very quickly.

LeuCeaMia #4 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 07:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Enhanced gun laying drive, the IS can't mount the vertical stabilizer.

ComradeHX #5 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 07:44

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Rammer, vents, EGLD; or you can replace EGLD with spall liner.

You can get effect of V-stab from crew skill.

Also, remove speed governor is not needed because IS usually go to top speed very quickly.

Edited by ComradeHX, Jul 29 2012 - 11:01.

Nikolai_Mikoyan #6 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 09:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
As they said, the Vert.Stab will not be available until you reached tier 8. (But man, that stab do help a lot, especially when combined with snapshot and smooth ride crew skill)

After getting the Vent and Rammer, I recommend you get a toolbox. The IS is very prone to module damage IMHO, and there are more than a handful of times that I snapped when my IS got tracked, resulted in it getting a lot of shot at. The toolbox will help you get yourself rolling faster, and may thus mean different between life and death.

Do also consider repair kits in the consumable slot for immediate repair too, it helps.

You may not need that Governer+Cyclone combo, should you need to get to a strategic point faster, do use the lend-lease oil (it costs more if used every matches, so use it only when getting into a strategic point is crucial)

I do, however, leave the third slot in the equipment blank. Grinding credits for the IS-3 is a very painful process (if not for my sale of the KV-3 and the IS, It would take way more time) You wouldn't want to waste money with the equipment that isn't absolutely necessary, trust me.

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 14:52

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks all, for you thoughtful insight.  I must do this as we are getting ready for Clan Wars and I need to grind to a decent start tank.  The IS line is where I happen to
be, ATM, and will be the fastest way to a top tier tank, for me right now.

Noowin #8 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
RAMMER!

nuclearguy931 #9 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I put the toolbox on mine, helps get the tracks back on quicker and when the perks come for the crew give them all repairs. It really does speed things up and gets you moving quickly.

pekiti #10 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, and Vents is certainly the best option.
However, a Toolbox should replace Vents if your crew does not yet have good Repair skill. (Your crew should be training Repair, too!)
Carry Small First Aid Kit in slot 4, Small Repair Kit in slot 5 (very important, always slot 5), and Manual Fire Extinguisher in slot 6.

The IS is a fine tank.

supershutze #11 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Gun Rammer. Everything else comes second. I has a rammer, vents, and wet ammo rack. The whole tank and crew skills were designed around keeping my gun firing as quickly and reliably as possible.
To those people who would mount a vert-stab: Why on earth would you fire a $1025 122mm shell while moving? What a waste. You are never going to hit anything except for close range targets while moving, and you don't need the vert-stab at that range.

9nines #12 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 16:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I run mine as a true tank lol spall liner, tool box, and torsion bars  lol. You won't believe how many people yell and cuss when I tack no splash/ no track or mod Dmg from any he or derp. I took a kv2 derp and spit out a 122 back out while he was cussing about a no Dmg derp lol also have full repair skill as a second line defense. Tracked maybe 2-3seconds then ramming em all over again

conkeror #13 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 21:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It was rammer - spall liner and vents for me. I also put a removed governor for the lols, was handy at times, helped with ramming a bit, but not that handy. Often missed fixing my gunner.

IS is better at close range anyways, where you dont need to aim too much. Most likely if you are taking a shot that needs aiming, you can afford the 10% extra time.

But, with an heavy tank that fast, it screamed RAMMING to me, so I slapped a spall liner on and never looked back.

61% win ratio does approve.

HOTA_CHATON #14 Posted Aug 24 2012 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
It was just rammer and vents for me.  I finally finished the drive to the IS-3 and now have that to look forward to, LOL.  I am keeping the IS though.