options when selling/buying tanks.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

R4Ging #1 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 16:37

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
flaws with the current options:
1 when we sell a tank, all of the mounted modules are sold with it.
2 when we buy a tank, all of it's stock modules are bought with it.
3 when selling a tank, we are asked whether we want to send all of its crew members to the barracks (or dismiss them) and demount equipment.

suggested options:
1 when selling a tank, we should be asked whether we want to sell the mounted modules or send them to the depot - this allows players to keep all the modules they want to keep, may it be stock, final, or somewhere in between for that certain tank.
2 when buying a tank, we should be asked whether we want to buy the stock modules or not - not buying stock modules should result to a lower buying price.
3 when selling a tank, the option of sending it's crew members to the barracks and demount equipment should be separated.

Edited by R4Ging, Aug 01 2012 - 10:41.

CatManDoob #2 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 16:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
You know it only takes 2 seconds... ok maybe 5 seconds, to manually do every bit of that.....right?

It does however take some brain power.

Edit, not saying it's a bad suggestion but really all it does is complicate the process imo.

Edited by rx7racer, Jul 29 2012 - 16:48.

SimulationX #3 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 17:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postrx7racer, on Jul 29 2012 - 16:44, said:

You know it only takes 2 seconds... ok maybe 5 seconds, to manually do every bit of that.....right?

It does however take some brain power.

Edit, not saying it's a bad suggestion but really all it does is complicate the process imo.

no he means send the modules to the depot w/o buying the stock modules (1)

Tacticalspoon #4 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I don't really think some of those changes are going to happen for two reasons:

1) Wargaming wants you to be low on credits so that you buy premium accounts and tanks. Any credit drain in the game is likely there on purpose.

2) When you sell a tank it has to have a full set of modules. While you're likely to save SOME money under your system, it probably won't be a massive change.

CatManDoob #5 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Right, but why even do that if you pull them off before you sell and then when you buy it back all you have to do is swap out and no added expense is there. All you did was buy the tank back at the normal base price?

For the ones that know what they want I don't see any issue the way it is. And for the ones that don't have a clue all this would do is go way over their head and confuse the crap outta them when they go to sell/buy tanks.

Are you thinking since you don't "buy" stock modules tank prices will be cheaper? They are stock modules because they come with tank at stated price, with or without that module teh tank will be that price regardless. If you choose to use another module it would only raise the cost of the tank, unless you owned said module already. And in that case it's simple enough already imo.

But like i said, it does take some brain power I guess.

Moyashi #6 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 17:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
If you really think about it, I would rather buy a tank with the stock modules, since if you have the modules you want to upgrade to in your depot, then you can sell the stock modules to get money back once you mount the ones you want. So it's like getting a discount that comes with the tank.

Edited by Moyashi, Jul 29 2012 - 17:29.

R4Ging #7 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 12:59

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSimulationX, on Jul 29 2012 - 17:02, said:

he means send the modules to the depot w/o buying the stock modules (1)
this is correct.

View Postrx7racer, on Jul 29 2012 - 17:12, said:

why even do that if you pull them off before you sell and then when you buy it back all you have to do is swap out and no added expense is there. All you did was buy the tank back at the normal base price?

for the ones that don't have a clue all this would do is go way over their head and confuse the crap outta them when they go to sell/buy tanks.

Are you thinking since you don't "buy" stock modules tank prices will be cheaper?

They are stock modules because they come with tank at stated price, with or without that module teh tank will be that price regardless.

If you choose to use another module it would only raise the cost of the tank, unless you owned said module already.

But like i said, it does take some brain power I guess.
you can't pull them off unless you have the stock modules of that tank. and since there are tanks whose stock modules are final modules of some other tank, players are forced to sell modules.

when I was still new to the game, i always wondered why my modules don't go to the depot even when I check the demount equipment check-box, after all, it is the only check-box I could check. now, if the check-box for equipment, crew and modules are all separated, then I don't see how it would confuse anyone.

no. I do not think buying a tank would be cheaper has it been possible right now.

but as to whether it will be possible in the future, that is for the devs to decide.

nowhere have I suggested to give players the ability to buy tanks with modules being the final ones.

you sir, need to think more - or maybe you are just one of those close-minded people going through suggestions of others but not agreeing to anything but their common idea.

View PostMoyashi, on Jul 29 2012 - 17:27, said:

If you really think about it, I would rather buy a tank with the stock modules, since if you have the modules you want to upgrade to in your depot, then you can sell the stock modules to get money back once you mount the ones you want. So it's like getting a discount that comes with the tank.
not unless the devs decided to make it so that buying a tank with less modules or no modules at all means it would be cheaper - since I am not suggesting that here.

if you see the benefit of having this, feel free to +1 my post or post your own feedback.

if you don't see the benefit of having this, you don't have to post anything so feel free to exit this page.
or you can check this page which has its similarities.
or you can consider the M103 > T110e5. the M103's final gun is the T110e5's stock. even though you already have the gun from M103, you still need to buy another one for T110e5.

if you see that this will only make the game worse, feel free to -1 my post or post your opinion.

CatManDoob #8 Posted Jul 31 2012 - 03:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostR4Ging, on Jul 30 2012 - 12:59, said:

or you can consider the M103 > T110e5. the M103's final gun is the T110e5's stock. even though you already have the gun from M103, you still need to buy another one for T110e5.

Do what, it comes stock with T110, you aren't buying anything. Not to mention it's the only gun the T110e5 uses.

Do you mean if you sell M103 and buy T110 and then buy M103 again you shouldn't have to pay for the 120mm again if you already sold it?

I would/could agree with your suggestion if it made a lick of sense, but frankly it makes no sense.

You can put every tank to stock before you sell stripping everything down manually. If you do that when you buy the tank back unless you sold all modules or are using it on another tank you can just sling it back on. And if your new tank can use the whatever module you can toss it right on as well. I'm trying to see a reason for a million questions etc everytime I want to sell and buy a tank. I myself can do fine setting up all my tanks, with equipment and all, even modules disbursement etc. I share so many modules it's not even funny.

I just can't understand why it's so hard for someone to setup their tank. Sorry.

R4Ging #9 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 10:41

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
your last post just proved how close-minded (or maybe ignorant) you are. sorry.

it makes no sense to buy a tank with no modules right now because stock modules costs are not separated from tank costs yet (even though they do have costs).

sure, the stock parts can be put back before you sell a tank. but like I said, there are tanks whose stock modules are final module of other tank. so what if the guy already mounted the stock module to another tank ? then he has to buy another only to not sell the final gun of the tank he is selling ?

sure when we buy a tank we can just sell the stock modules. but selling modules only returns half the price.

the current process is more complicated and makes it harder for someone to setup their tanks (costs the players more too - those who have multiple tanks at least) than how the process will be if this is to be implemented.

if you still fail to understand what I want with this suggestion, go read the OP again, I edited it for the likes of you.

Edited by R4Ging, Aug 01 2012 - 11:22.

OseanTanker #10 Posted Aug 10 2012 - 03:49

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
how i would do it was there could be a check box for the 5 modules on the tank and if its checked it is sold and if its not checked then it is kept and the selling price reduced by the appropriate amount. the reason i would like this is because i sometimes forget to switch out the modules i want to keep ( for instance the 105mm off the T25 AT for the T28)

R4Ging #11 Posted Aug 10 2012 - 15:35

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostOseanTanker, on Aug 10 2012 - 03:49, said:

how i would do it was there could be a check box for the 5 modules on the tank and if its checked it is sold and if its not checked then it is kept and the selling price reduced by the appropriate amount. the reason i would like this is because i sometimes forget to switch out the modules i want to keep ( for instance the 105mm off the T25 AT for the T28)
that's my suggestion number 1. I simply didn't ask for check-boxes specifically.