Connection Issues Upon Login

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Boaisy #1 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 01:22

Private

• Players
  • 59 battles
Soo I decided to re-download WoT couple days ago, but I am having issues with logging in. On the website (obviously), I can login just fine. However, when I go to login to the game, the logo comes up with "Connecting..." below it, and it just stays there. The game doesn't freeze or anything, it just hangs at the connecting screen. I checked the firewall, and it is allowing the exceptions/program (never had a problem before). Even disabling the anti-virus doesn't solve the issue. I looked in the hosts file to see if anything was screwing with WoT login sites, but there is nothing there.

I'm on a Windows 7 machine, and I have never had connection problems before until this recent install of the game.

UnknownChemistry #2 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 01:24

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 17496 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
Just purely out of curiosity as this sometimes might solve it....but did you try to run the game as administrator? I'm not sure if it will help but often times with Windows 7, running as administrator might solve the problem.

If that doesn't, then might I suggest you re-install the game?

Boaisy #3 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 01:26

Private

• Players
  • 59 battles
Already reinstalled. My account is an admin account (not the main admin account), but running as admin still doesn't make a difference.

Kill_Confirmed #4 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 01:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 3769 battles
My Windows 7 account is admin and it still makes me run as admin to run the game. It probably is your problem. That or your internet is too slow, but you would know that already.

Necrolegion #5 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 04:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5574 battles
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO
I have this problem too. I stopped playing this game for almost a year, but now that my cousin and his friends got it I tried playing it again. Downloaded update and installed. Now it just hangs on the "Connecting.." screen. Nothing happens past that and I have ran it as Administrator. Tried disabling firewall too and nothing. My computer actually did a thermal shutdown after I left it trying to connect since 12pm (Pacific Time). It was trying to connect for over 5 hours with no luck.

Boaisy #6 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 13:53

Private

• Players
  • 59 battles

View PostNecrolegion, on Jul 30 2012 - 04:25, said:

I have this problem too. I stopped playing this game for almost a year, but now that my cousin and his friends got it I tried playing it again. Downloaded update and installed. Now it just hangs on the "Connecting.." screen. Nothing happens past that and I have ran it as Administrator. Tried disabling firewall too and nothing. My computer actually did a thermal shutdown after I left it trying to connect since 12pm (Pacific Time). It was trying to connect for over 5 hours with no luck.

pretty much what i'm getting (aside from the shut down), and all your typical troubleshooting steps one would go through in this situation aren't working. Which is the reason for this post.

Edited by Boaisy, Jul 30 2012 - 13:53.

misscleo #7 Posted Jul 30 2012 - 15:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19807 battles
There's only a few things that can prevent only WoT from connecting. Security software (firewall, resident scanner plugins from antivirus), router, incorrect HOST file entries, corrupted dns, winsock or IP stack. Does the launcher load its data without error? (no black box with logo spinning)

I'd recommend you ensure security software is setup correctly or disable/uninstall for troubleshooting. Then eliminate the router if there is one and directly connect the computer to your modem, power-cycle the modem for 10s, then paste the following commands one by one into command-prompt:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

If you have a modem/router combo, call your isp and tell them you want a real modem, those things are horrible. If you don't want to do that, my suggestion would be to make sure UPnP is enabled and your port-forwarding isn't wrong.

If all that doesn't work google some of the other things I listed.

Also if your computer is shutting down/restarting for no reason that's a very bad sign something is amiss. Check event viewer or reliability monitor for critical errors relevant to the time the shutdown occured. You might also find crash dumps located in %systemroot%/minidump directory. Upload a few of the recent ones to mediafire.com and post the link here. It might tell us what exactly caused the shutdown.