Jump to content


JagdPz E-100 Worth the Grind?

JPE JPE100 JPE-100 Death187

  • Please log in to reply
4944 replies to this topic

Death187 #1 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010
Hey Guys,

As many of you know, I have been working with people on the JT for months now. With the release of the new T10 Tank Destroyers I will be moving on to the JagdPz E-100. As with the last thread, this thread is here to help drivers improve their game play with the JPE. So I welcome anyone to post questions, tips, tactics, best practices, and their JPE replays. Let's figure out how to best play this beast together.

Here are some videos as a preview of the JPE from the test server. Feel free to check them out.





http://www.youtube.c...ure=context-cha

If anyone would like to post replays I highly recommend you use this website. http://mwreplays.com/

Here is a 7 kill match I had just a few days ago on the live server.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ul9MqIT6CxA

Great video on the JPE-100 from DeathsArrow

http://www.youtube.c...c-5ejf015A&hd=1

Edited by Death187, Aug 24 2012 - 22:02.


IronClad11 #2 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29911 battles
  • 1,050
  • [BADGR] BADGR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011
That thing looks beastly.

paradat #3 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 25482 battles
  • 6,879
  • [TBW] TBW
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011
I would say it is worth the grind. Not nesesarily for the destination but for the journey. The German TD's have so meny great machines along the way that it really is a fun line to go down.

SturmButcher #4 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26108 battles
  • 1,330
  • [THIEF] THIEF
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011
good initiative,if wg does not help us buffing this TD, at least we can defend well for a month (until they buff it) if every one provide good tips, tactics, replays, equipment, better skills for crew, etc...

EDIT: why you provide a video shooting gold? 450 heat pen is auto pen, you cant snipe with this thing without gold, accuracy is poor. better we wait until the jpe100 come out and then we can upload replays and stuff

Edited by SturmButcher, Aug 01 2012 - 19:20.


Ronin0985 #5 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19423 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Looks like fun,these almost have wanting this over the E4 for my second tier 10 td

Eutro #6 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 12308 battles
  • 373
  • [RCD] RCD
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011
Damn. That JPz E-100 looks  like a beast. It seems a lot like the Ferdi, works well with a semi aggressive playstyle to dish out some major hurt.

Death187 #7 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:23

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View PostIronClad11, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:13, said:

That thing looks beastly.

Yeah it is. I was impressed with it during the time I spent playing it on the test server.

View Postparadat, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:16, said:

I would say it is worth the grind. Not nesesarily for the destination but for the journey. The German TD's have so meny great machines along the way that it really is a fun line to go down.

I 100% agree. The German TD line is not the easiest line to master. However, once you do they are just awesome tanks to play.

View PostSturmButcher, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:16, said:

good initiative,if wg does not help us buffing this TD, at least we can defend well for a month (until they buff it) if every one provide good tips, tactics, replays, equipment, better skills for crew, etc...

Thanks, I am hoping to run this like the previous thread I was in for the JT. Let's all try to come up with best tactics, best equipment sets, crew skills, etc.

View PostRonin0985, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:16, said:

Looks like fun,these almost have wanting this over the E4 for my second tier 10 td

I am grabbing the JPE and the 268 on live. I was impressed with both of them on the test server.

Edited by Death187, Aug 01 2012 - 19:23.


Tedster59 #8 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 26506 battles
  • 2,959
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
I think it will be pretty good if it is supported well.

xCantoniousx #9 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:33

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 13936 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    09-02-2010
I played about a dozen or so rounds in the JPE100 on test, and didn't use gold rounds specifically because I don't intend to use gold rounds on live. I thought it was fine.

Darkbowser3 #10 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10305 battles
  • 955
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
Did i see that correctly!? around 1100 damage with the 17cm is beastly! That alone is worth the grind for me, cause just one hit will send some serious hurt to the enemy. And the TD seems pretty mobile as you were going 39km/h down that hill, and traverse didnt seem too bad. Just my $0.02

Edited by Darkbowser3, Aug 01 2012 - 19:39.


DeathsArrow #11 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 20858 battles
  • 3,367
  • [JDM] JDM
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
Can't wait to get my JpE-100 tomorrow :Smile-playing:

Death187 #12 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:39

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View PostDarkbowser3, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:37, said:

Did i see that correctly!? around 1100 damage with the 17cm is beastly! That alone is worth the grind for me, cause just one hit will send some serious hurt to the enemy

The average damage for AP is 1050. Keep in mind though as it is the "average damage" per hit you can do much more than that or much less than that.

Darkbowser3 #13 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10305 battles
  • 955
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostDeath187, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:39, said:

The average damage for AP is 1050. Keep in mind though as it is the "average damage" per hit you can do much more than that or much less than that.
Even 1050+- will put a dent in any good heavy as long as the pen isnt too bad. What is the pen on AP rounds for the 17cm?

Death187 #14 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View PostDarkbowser3, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:41, said:

Even 1050+- will put a dent in any good heavy as long as the pen isnt too bad. What is the pen on AP rounds for the 17cm?

Without a doubt. I have also noticed a large increase in the amount of tanks I have been 1 shotting due to ammo rack hits.

The 17cm has a pen of 299 for non gold rounds.

teamoldmill #15 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 19:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 9510 battles
  • 7,654
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostDarkbowser3, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:37, said:

Did i see that correctly!? around 1100 damage with the 17cm is beastly! That alone is worth the grind for me, cause just one hit will send some serious hurt to the enemy. And the TD seems pretty mobile as you were going 39km/h down that hill, and traverse didnt seem too bad. Just my $0.02
Forward speed not too bad. Traverse is terrible, worse than T95 if I am not mistaken. Gun traverse is bad. Camo is terribad. DPM is terribad. Rememeber, yes you will hit for 1000 + more often than the other TDs (they still do it too), but you do it 50% less often since they fire much faster than you. You have a little armor, but the lower hull and casemate itself are pretty easily penetrated by the big guns and regardless of what people think about the skirts, you are massively vulnerable to arty because of the camo and size and speed. No depression whatsoever.

It is like the old KVs. Maximum DERP! Slowwwwww reload.

20% less rate of fire would have been fair, but not 50%. Just too slow. It is not worth the 200 damage difference. Cannot even reverse angle to hide your lower hull because of traverse. T62 can take your hit and get beside you faster than you can say Jack Robinson. You are now a 70 ton roadblock about to die.

They should have had the option to mount an improved 15 cm from the E-100.

Edited by teamoldmill, Aug 01 2012 - 19:59.


KGBElite #16 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 20:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6624 battles
  • 104
  • [THNK2] THNK2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012
I suggest putting x2 speed in the videos, makes it easier to watch.

This tank seems beastly though, reminds me of the Deathstar lol, BOOM, planet destroyed, long reload.

Darkbowser3 #17 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 20:05

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10305 battles
  • 955
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View Postteamoldmill, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:56, said:

Forward speed not too bad. Traverse is terrible, worse than T95 if I am not mistaken. Gun traverse is bad. Camo is terribad. DPM is terribad. Rememeber, yes you will hit for 1000 + more often than the other TDs (they still do it too), but you do it 50% less often since they fire much faster than you. You have a little armor, but the lower hull and casemate itself are pretty easily penetrated by the big guns and regardless of what people think about the skirts, you are massively vulnerable to arty because of the camo and size and speed. No depression whatsoever.

It is like the old KVs. Maximum DERP! Slowwwwww reload.

20% less rate of fire would have been fair, but not 50%. Just too slow. It is not worth the 200 damage difference. Cannot even reverse angle to hide your lower hull because of traverse. T62 can take your hit and get beside you faster than you can say Jack Robinson. You are now a 70 ton roadblock about to die.

They should have had the option to mount an improved 15 cm from the E-100.

true, would have been nice to have a choice of the faster 15cm and the derpish 17cm. So  the best way to play this td would be like a support vehicle??

Darkbowser3 #18 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 20:06

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10305 battles
  • 955
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostDeath187, on Aug 01 2012 - 19:42, said:

The 17cm has a pen of 299 for non gold rounds.

wow, with that much pen, you should have no problem penning any tanks lol

DeathsArrow #19 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 20:23

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 20858 battles
  • 3,367
  • [JDM] JDM
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostDarkbowser3, on Aug 01 2012 - 20:06, said:

wow, with that much pen, you should have no problem penning any tanks lol

Other than zero damage crits and tracking shots.

teamoldmill #20 Posted Aug 01 2012 - 20:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 9510 battles
  • 7,654
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostDarkbowser3, on Aug 01 2012 - 20:06, said:

wow, with that much pen, you should have no problem penning any tanks lol
Bounces just like other guns. Weird angle and you will bounce and be out of the fight for 22 seconds. Bounced 6 in a row off an E-100 turret on test. 6 in a row.

Sweet, my first negative rep, first of the thread! Thought this was to discuss the worth of the E-100? Is it only a lapdog thread?

Edited by teamoldmill, Aug 01 2012 - 20:33.






Also tagged with JPE, JPE100, JPE-100, Death187

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Master_Scrub