Bad Players with Bad Attitude

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Hans_Geering #1 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 15:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2310 battles
While I was playing this afternoon an hour before the server went down for updates, I was in Erlenberg playing a standard battle in my Marder II. My team spawned on north of the map and I was one of the last few tanks at the edge of it.

So you guys know the usual routine countdown timer just before the battle started, tick tock tick tock... And when zero seconds hit, the usual stuff occurs: Mad rush of most of the tanks except those who haven't log on.

So there was these 2 Tank Destroyers that spawned ahead of me, a Hetzer to the left and a T82 to the right. When the timer hit zero, both of them rushed towards the same direction and they bumped into each other side by side.

And you guys know what happens next, the sounds of metal clashing into each other and the screeching sound of it that sends shivers to one's ears.

Next the T82 managed to broke free of the metal clash first and as soon as he was off, the Hetzer fired a shot with his derp gun into the back of T82, sealing the T82's fate and the turning the Hetzer blue. All these while I was watching the whole incident unfold from behind and I didn't expect the Hetzer to retaliate in such manner.

My first reaction was to type "Seriously??? Is there a need to kill your own teammate just because you bumped into each other accidentally?" The Hetzer just ran straight for the enemy base, got himself killed, probably knowing some of his own teammates are after his blood too.

The rest was history, my team lost the battle quickly as we were 2 men down and everyone was still in the state of confusion. I just think that some of these players have very poor attitude and have a brain the size of a pea. I have experience such idiots before and it really pisses me off. For instance: When I played my Pz 38nA a few weeks back, I accidentally bump into a IS-8 as we both were engaging an enemy to our left. He wasn't please about it and he just finished me off with a blast.

I think that WG should perhaps start considering of an option for us to tick whether we want to play in battles With Friendly Fire or Without Friendly Fire.

PS: The map is Ruinberg, not Erlenberg. Got the name of the map mixed up.

Edited by Hans_Geering, Aug 02 2012 - 15:53.

SeanPwnery #2 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 15:32

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 25570 battles
Friendly fire is a part of war... live with it.

Douchebags will be douchebags, there's nothing we can do about that. Sure it sucks, but they're probably nursing a 43% win rate and an even worse hit rate.

Beta_Orion #3 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 15:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6614 battles
  • [LEAP] LEAP
I feel your pain, but unfortunately there isn't anyway for WG to control it.  People are just angry on the Internet now, and anyone who "gets in their way" is subject to that Wrath.  Sometimes I wish they'd focus that wrath on the "opposing" team, and maybe do some good rather than harm.  I realize that most folks are good people, but there are a few we can all do without!

chafeto21 #4 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 15:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6781 battles
  • [SEUSA] SEUSA
It's a game, get over it.

Deathskyz #5 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 15:53

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3617 battles
I feel your pain.

Good Players with Good attitude are a rare sight in WoT.
Good Players with Bad attitude are kinda common.. Sadly..

Bad players with good attitude I dont mind. At least they are open to tips and suggestions on how to improve their tanking.

Bad players with bad attitude are the worst of the worst.. nobody can help them.

savagenation #6 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 16:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36403 battles
  • [RUS] RUS
Gotta say I have a good number of games played, hasn't really been a problem for me. Although there are a few short bus candidates out there I don't believe it is a widespread problem.

DrunkHamster #7 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 16:16

Private

• Players
  • 733 battles
A way to "report" these inappropriate players may be feasible. If a particular player receives enough complaints, they could be penalized by having their account placed on limited status or something.

Actually, I think a much better solution would be to have the "friendly fire" reversed. Players who shoot teammates receive damage themselves, and the person being shot receives no damage. For example, I prefer playing with SPGs. If I fire across the map and hit my own teammate, it will cause me to "suicide" and blow myself up. If anything, this will cause players to be far more cautious when taking shots with friendlies nearby, and we wouldn't have to worry about players intentionally shooting other players anymore (they’d just blow themselves up).

Thoughts?

darkdesire #8 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 16:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5378 battles

View PostSeanPwnery, on Aug 02 2012 - 15:32, said:

Douchebags will be douchebags, there's nothing we can do about that. Sure it sucks, but they're probably nursing a 43% win rate and an even worse hit rate.

Since when was this a simulation game, imo its more on the arcade side.

War wasn't a tank from 1946 fighting a tank from 1960, war wasnt driving off a ledge only to get stuck by an invisible wall, war wasn't with health bars. If you penetrated a tank on a real battlefield, its a killing blow. The list goes on but somehow friendly fire is real enough to make it on the list?

Edited by darkdesire, Aug 02 2012 - 16:24.

SeanPwnery #9 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 16:49

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 25570 battles

View Postdarkdesire, on Aug 02 2012 - 16:23, said:

War wasn't a tank from 1946 fighting a tank from 1960, war wasnt driving off a ledge only to get stuck by an invisible wall, war wasn't with health bars. If you penetrated a tank on a real battlefield, its a killing blow. The list goes on but somehow friendly fire is real enough to make it on the list?

If you're honestly asking this question, friendly fire was one of the easiest things to integrate into the game since it takes MORE effort to have a FF-off option.

Physics is coming, and apparently you don't know squat for history when we used Abrahms MBT's against antiquated and surplussed 1950's soviet garbage in the Persian Gulf war.

Wait... I'll give you a perfect example based on your own declaration of tank vs tank warfare.

The Israelis had some converted Sherman tanks, conceived in 1939, and produced in the 1940's against T-55's and T-62's during the Arab-Israeli war of 1973. Your arguement is completely invalid.

Edit : Truth hurts...huh?

DeadlyTreadly #10 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 17:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4896 battles
It's because the vast amount of players are reasonable and don't see the need to post tripe on the chat is the reason we don't notice them, it's just the noisy and childish few that stick out. Alas, along with gamer trolls there will always be people ready to throw a tantrum over thier toy tank being cut off. Pathetic but true.

Daves_not_here #11 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 17:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28696 battles
  • [NAG] NAG
But then there is an odd person who blocks you (in the spawn area mind you) on purpose from pulling out.  Had the strangest set of events happen in my SU-100 and an E8.  Just pulling out to go to the same old spot in the valley on Lakeville and this E8 pulls out.  I back up and try to go around and he blocks me again.  Needless to say after a couple times at this dance, I give me a written warning to move or get shot.  

Well a blast from a 122 later, he shoots me back a few times with his speed firing Easy 8.  Almost dead, I shoot him a 2nd time and start him on fire.  The beauty of it all is that he eventually kills me, but the fire gets him right after I die.  He turns blue for the TK and I go play another match.  Needless to say, our team suffered badly.  After 10K games, I am convinced that MM has a requirement that each team shall be given at least one moron posing as an idiot on their respective teams.

wolfe1978nm #12 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 17:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4653 battles
While it is bad sometimes, there are players that simply will not learn to stay away from other tanks without that little lesson in TK'ing.

The only time I have purposely TK'ed a teammate was in a KV...  was driving in a straight line trying to get a forward position.  A Stug came flying up and hit my side....  I let it go.  He then drives right next to me weaving back and forth and rams me two more times in the side...  I let it go.  Then moving up to cover he jams himself in where I can't get in...  then he died.

The next time he thinks about being an ass and ramming other tanks, potentially keeping them from getting to cover, he'll think about that and probably not do it because the next guy he rams might do it too.

There have been plenty of other situations I'm driving in a perfectly straight line, away from other tanks, and someone just turns into me jamming us both up.  The easiest thing to do in this game is stay away from your teammates and not slow/stop them...  if you can't even do that then you really don't need to be in the match in the first place.

WetRock #13 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 18:16

Major

• Players
  • 28897 battles
  • [50CAL] 50CAL
I hate to see it happen for a couple reasons but it does. I make a point to report such behavior. Internet tough guy idiots will be internet tough guy idiots.

darkdesire #14 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 20:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5378 battles

View PostSeanPwnery, on Aug 02 2012 - 16:49, said:

If you're honestly asking this question, friendly fire was one of the easiest things to integrate into the game since it takes MORE effort to have a FF-off option.

Physics is coming, and apparently you don't know squat for history when we used Abrahms MBT's against antiquated and surplussed 1950's soviet garbage in the Persian Gulf war.

Wait... I'll give you a perfect example based on your own declaration of tank vs tank warfare.

The Israelis had some converted Sherman tanks, conceived in 1939, and produced in the 1940's against T-55's and T-62's during the Arab-Israeli war of 1973. Your arguement is completely invalid.

Edit : Truth hurts...huh?

why dont you turn your ego down a little bit and actually read what people say. Maybe if i make it a little bit more clear for you..

1. Im sure making the ff option would take soo long for them to impliment and it saved them so much by not installing it..I'm just saying they are keeping it in to have the "realism effect" when there are much other important/of same importance that are missing, so why does FF have to be the first "realism" implimented in the game when its causing so much chaos. Physics should have came first if you want "realism"
2. I never said how much i know about history that was a blunt observation you made to further your stupid "im smarter then you and heres some info to prove it"  furthermore, your shermans vs t55/t62a, if a sherman penetrated (idk how it would,but somehow) with one shot it would cause critical damage to the t55 or t62, if they went at it in game..well...the sherman would have a tough time breaking his track let alone destroying him. So yet again another realism problem..
3. My arguement is invalid? you didnt prove it wrong at all this game is still by far an arcade game.
4. please state where i gave my "declaration" of tank vs tank warfare when all i said was how this game wasn't a simulation.

so a recap on what im saying, There are many "realism" elements missing from this game,so why does the FF "realism" have to be implimented before the mass amounts of other "realism" elements.

You need to hop off the ego train now.

Edited by darkdesire, Aug 02 2012 - 20:40.

Tigermate #15 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 21:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20790 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSeanPwnery, on Aug 02 2012 - 15:32, said:

No fire is friendly fire, I think the more modern term is "blue on blue".  Just saying.

Rokurgepta #16 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 11791 battles

View PostDrunkHamster, on Aug 02 2012 - 16:16, said:

A way to "report" these inappropriate players may be feasible. If a particular player receives enough complaints, they could be penalized by having their account placed on limited status or something.

Actually, I think a much better solution would be to have the "friendly fire" reversed. Players who shoot teammates receive damage themselves, and the person being shot receives no damage. For example, I prefer playing with SPGs. If I fire across the map and hit my own teammate, it will cause me to "suicide" and blow myself up. If anything, this will cause players to be far more cautious when taking shots with friendlies nearby, and we wouldn't have to worry about players intentionally shooting other players anymore (they’d just blow themselves up).

Thoughts?

Reflecive fire is the WORST idea ever. It encourages griefers to block you in and to jump in front of your shots. Reflective fire would ruin this game.

Rokurgepta #17 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 11791 battles

View Postdarkdesire, on Aug 02 2012 - 16:23, said:

You need friendly fire to discourage griefers and to keep people from boxing in tanks for arty to just drop bombs on. People ignore what friendly fire keeps from happening in order to harp on the minor things friendly fire causes.

warmonger180 #18 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 21:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17126 battles
Hans, I trust you put a round up the hetzer's @$$, cuz blue is legit retribution

warmonger180 #19 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 21:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17126 battles
Hans, I trust you put a round up the hetzer's @$$, cuz blue is legit retribution

FF may be a part of war, but a deliberalte TK, which this seems to be. isn't and revenge is justified when the TK'r sings the blues

darius_falco #20 Posted Aug 03 2012 - 01:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4150 battles

View PostDrunkHamster, on Aug 02 2012 - 16:16, said:

Thoughts?
  That,not only sounds fair, its actually an elegant solution ... poetic justice, the only downside is that the team is down one in the overall scheme.