Why get Mad when a team mate HELPS you out of a Jamb?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Coke_a_Cola #1 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 11:11

Captain

• Players
  • 5405 battles
Not a RANT thread..
Just Venting some

I just got out of a battle and, for once I got mad, just a little mad but still mad.

Battle was Encounter at Siegfried line<----Spell-check that. I was using my Hetzer it was down to 4 on our team and 6 on the red team..

I had just dispatched a Stugg and was moving towards the cap because it was becoming populated with the red team..

I seen were our T-25 was fighting a KV1 and was on the loosing end of the stick, so I being me and also, with a great view of the KV's entire rear area, decided to help out..

Now its a tag team on the KV .. I get 4 rounds into it and the last round was a kill shot..

I move on to the cap with the T-25 ramming me from the rear .. We get to the cap, help reset and kill another tank that was there..

We now own the cap.. Its all done except for the T-25.

I get called every name in the book for Stealing his kill, the KV then for stealing another while re-setting the cap..

Now all that is fine and cool.. Get mad..

The cap gets to around 80ish % and the T-25 one shoots me ON THE CAP... Then he gets shot and the cap resets..

Then he gets killed, All the while he wont even fire at those shooting him, he is to busy chastising me over a kill and bragging that if he ever see's me even on his team he will TK me..

I looked after the match and the only three tanks he has in his garage is the T-25, a Churchill, and an MS-1, shoot he even has good stats with a W/L rate at 60%..

Not knocking the wallet warriors but is the attitude he showed the norm for these guys??

I mean In my own defense, I could care less about a kill, I seen a team mate loosing a fight and helped him out of a jamb..

Yes I reported him to WG and sent the replay with it

Anyway thanks for letting me vent a little

Edited by Coke_a_Cola, Aug 08 2012 - 11:12.

Dissidence #2 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 11:21

Captain

• Players
  • 11322 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
If he has decent stats and only has two premiums and an MS-1, he's probably playing an alternate account.

The learning curve in this game is too steep for players who've never played to just jump into a tank and start doing consistently well.

Personally, I thank players when they bail me out. I've had two huge games in my ARL 44 the last two days. First game team goes in the open and many die, and I find myself alone in the Southwest on Steppes (Encounter battle) vs. a Churchill, KV-1S, T-34-85, and Hetzer. Arty supports me, I get them all except the 34-85, and I knock him down to a handful of HP, but arty kills him. Not mad. Why? Because maybe while I'm waiting for my killshot to load with my "safe" quantity of HP, maybe he ammo racks me. Anyway we won the battle, that's what's most important.

Other one today, I made a good decision to cover my flank first. It was a damaged me and a badly damaged KV-1S vs. a Stug III and M7 MT at full health and a M10 at near 70%. The M10 had gotten behind us in our base (Encounter - El Halluf) so I made the choice to absorb some damage from his teammates and kill him to avoid being surrouned. While I do this, KV-1S starts to cap, and gets killed in the process of chasing his 7th kill. Wished he hadn't done that. I was able to take out the last 2 solo, but if he'd waited I could have supported him once I'd come down from killing the M10. So it does go both ways. I don't care about "kill stealing" unless it involves an arty splashing a friendly tank to take a kill that is in the bank already (ie killing a friendly T-50 who is sidehugging their arty and 1-2 shots from killing it just to kill the arty)

HecticBullet #3 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 11:24

Private

• Players
  • 3674 battles
Yea I kinda get mad at people who yell for kill stealing. Its like.. they dont get the understanding of the game is supposed to be TEAM PLAYED. But hearing that a dude gets all crapped over and starts shooting the team is really, really unacceptable.

Like a good tip for people is to read

Section 3: Experiences and Credit system

http://wiki.worldoft...nce_and_Credits

I always try to point out to people who rage at kill stealing that it DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU KILL STEAL. YOU DO NOT GET ANY Credits for Vehicle blows and you get very minimum exp.

Genesis0071 #4 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 11:30

Captain

• Players
  • 6711 battles
The internet is a terrible place... people will find any excuse to cry about something.

Coke_a_Cola #5 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 11:40

Captain

• Players
  • 5405 battles
I am over it now..   Just could not understand the mentality of the guy..

+1 all of ya for letting me vent a little..

dragonboo #6 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 12:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5227 battles

View PostPavol_Preznik, on Aug 08 2012 - 11:21, said:

If he has decent stats and only has two premiums and an MS-1, he's probably playing an alternate account.

The learning curve in this game is too steep for players who've never played to just jump into a tank and start doing consistently well.

Personally, I thank players when they bail me out. I've had two huge games in my ARL 44 the last two days. First game team goes in the open and many die, and I find myself alone in the Southwest on Steppes (Encounter battle) vs. a Churchill, KV-1S, T-34-85, and Hetzer. Arty supports me, I get them all except the 34-85, and I knock him down to a handful of HP, but arty kills him. Not mad. Why? Because maybe while I'm waiting for my killshot to load with my "safe" quantity of HP, maybe he ammo racks me. Anyway we won the battle, that's what's most important.

Other one today, I made a good decision to cover my flank first. It was a damaged me and a badly damaged KV-1S vs. a Stug III and M7 MT at full health and a M10 at near 70%. The M10 had gotten behind us in our base (Encounter - El Halluf) so I made the choice to absorb some damage from his teammates and kill him to avoid being surrouned. While I do this, KV-1S starts to cap, and gets killed in the process of chasing his 7th kill. Wished he hadn't done that. I was able to take out the last 2 solo, but if he'd waited I could have supported him once I'd come down from killing the M10. So it does go both ways. I don't care about "kill stealing" unless it involves an arty splashing a friendly tank to take a kill that is in the bank already (ie killing a friendly T-50 who is sidehugging their arty and 1-2 shots from killing it just to kill the arty)
im in my t-50-2, 1 shot away from killing an enemy gw tiger by sidehugging it. But my team's gw tiger decides to interfere by firing at the enemy.The splash nearly kills me and when i complain, all he says is "seriously?".

dragonboo #7 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 12:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5227 battles

View PostPavol_Preznik, on Aug 08 2012 - 11:21, said:

+1 to u, i agree with the sidehugging thing

Dissidence #8 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 12:42

Captain

• Players
  • 11322 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V

View Postdragonboo, on Aug 08 2012 - 12:32, said:

im in my t-50-2, 1 shot away from killing an enemy gw tiger by sidehugging it. But my team's gw tiger decides to interfere by firing at the enemy.The splash nearly kills me and when i complain, all he says is "seriously?".

View Postdragonboo, on Aug 08 2012 - 12:34, said:

+1 to u, i agree with the sidehugging thing

And you know I'm saying it cuz I've been there. Happened to me on El Halluf in my M18. I passive scouted their M41, arty killed it. Then I rush the SU-14, get beside it, thing is dead to rights, and at the time I needed it for Master Tanker (since it's rare to find one amid the thousands of S-51s). BOOM our M12 killed him from 150 HP as my shell was 2 seconds from loading and splashed me dead. I rage reported him for team damage.

awookie #9 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 13:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1780 battles
Those people do know that exp + creds is based on dmg done, right?

If you get the kill shot, the damage you did from the ks is < the damage did to weaken him.

Edited by awookie, Aug 08 2012 - 13:07.

Skpstr #10 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 13258 battles
No matter what his stats say, his behaviour says he's an idiot. Even if to his mistaken logic, the kills you "stole" actually meant something, his actions that cost the game far outweighed them.

Sounds like the kind of guy that argues his way into assaulting an officer and resisting arrest because he thinks his jaywalking ticket was unfair.

Kaeldian #11 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 18673 battles
OP -- I honestly wish that you were my teammate on two seperate occasions in the past two days where I was in a jam but nobody had the sense or skill to save their hard hitting teammate (namely, me).  As far as I'm concerned, the guy in your story needs to take a very long walk off a very short peer...... after he uninstalls the game.

Hlat #12 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 18:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 3656 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP
That guy reminds me of every stupid player I've met before.

borderrat #13 Posted Aug 08 2012 - 18:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10357 battles
Screw em.  You did what you should do.  The less red guns on the field the better.

See red, Shoot red, PERIOD.

WiryOne #14 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 15:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 8110 battles
  • [-_-] -_-
Maybe the guy thought he loaded up Call of Duty and was simply mistaken. I hear kill stealing is a big deal there.

brdhntr #15 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 19555 battles
  • [M--M] M--M
I sure wish I'd had a few kill stealers like you on my teams yesterday.  Having half our team at the spawn spinning their turrest in an assault game made for a not fun night.

Suichimo #16 Posted Aug 09 2012 - 15:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6541 battles
  • [ADD] ADD
Not going to defend him because he was a dumbass, but there are definitely times where it looks like someone is in trouble, but they really aren't.  For instance, the other day I was in my IS-4 and had a tank pinned against a hill side on South Coast.  Our M40/43 decided that rather than let me kill a tank that was of no danger to me or anyone else, that he'll rain arty hell on it.  The result was a dead tank, me tracked, and a couple of tanks coming around the bend directly at my side.  I'll let you figure out how that one ended.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users