Low Tier Skins, Why No?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

awesomeMaynaiz #1 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 02:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have been browsing through this section for about 24 hours now (I'm very lonely), and noticed that there were mostly skins for Tier V and above, which is cool, but they were all for the same couple of tanks, AND there are barely any low tier skins!  Is it just that people spend so little time in them that it isn't worth the effort or because you (the skinners) don't like them or can't find anything historical to skin them with?  Just wondering, cause I kinda want to find some historical skins for.... you know, everything.

gunzfire #2 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 02:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well you could learn how to skin your own tanks and have some fun.  :D

Mantisman630 #3 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 03:02

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Go to mirtankov.net...it is a Russian website but there are some great skins on there, you can also check curse.

dwaindwarf #4 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 03:10

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Mirtankov.net is a great site for skins and mods.

awesomeMaynaiz #5 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 03:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I want to learn to skin, but I hate GIMP.  Gonna see if a friend can "allocate" a copy of PS5 or something for me.  I took a class using that version, so I can work it. Oh! I could use MS Paint instead!  I might check out Mirtankov, but I can say this: World of Tanks Nexus is poopie.  The whole site is just awkward to navigate.

Final_Spark #6 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 07:27

Captain

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Paint.NET is another free option. I don't think MS Paint can load or save dds files...

Also, the reason why many low tier tanks aren't skinned is because they are just so fast to grind through. The only reason to keep low tiers around after that is if you like them enough to keep them. The main line for skins starting at tier 5 is then due to the fact that it is the point where you will keep it for a while before researching and buying the next tank as well as they are popular to keep as fun tanks/money grinders. Let's face it. Who wants to actually keep their Somua S40 around?

Further, the little stuff can be annoying to skin. Many are quite small with a whole lot of doo-dads and stuff on them that can drive a skinner nuts.

Brann #7 Posted Aug 11 2012 - 08:05

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCadyshack, on Aug 11 2012 - 07:27, said:

Further, the little stuff can be annoying to skin. Many are quite small with a whole lot of doo-dads and stuff on them that can drive a skinner nuts.

You should have seen me doing the German Lights for my New Lunar Republic pack, almost went mad trying to find 10000000000000000000000000000 little pieces so the colors were uniform or what I needed them to be.

@ OP, the low tier stuff if done you usually just have to request it and someone will usually take it, it's just not done for fun typically.  Also I prefer GIMP to photoshop :S then again I learned to skin on it, never was impressed with PS anyways cost VS functionality wise.

home451 #8 Posted Sep 03 2012 - 16:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
mirtankov.com is a good site the only tank I can't find is skins for my is6 I got a ton for my is7 though

home451 #9 Posted Sep 04 2012 - 04:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostawesomeMaynaiz, on Aug 11 2012 - 02:37, said:

I have been browsing through this section for about 24 hours now (I'm very lonely), and noticed that there were mostly skins for Tier V and above, which is cool, but they were all for the same couple of tanks, AND there are barely any low tier skins!  Is it just that people spend so little time in them that it isn't worth the effort or because you (the skinners) don't like them or can't find anything historical to skin them with?  Just wondering, cause I kinda want to find some historical skins for.... you know, everything.
Alot of people don't like historical skins like me cause the meaner ur tank looks the better I mean with my is7 imagine seeing a massive black tank with a chain down the gun and a vampires mouth wide open on the front of the tank with skulls on each fender if I saw that I would run like hell