http://forum.worldof...to-account-wl/. To be honest, I fully support OldManBill's post and I want to make a point in my own view why such MM is needed for the sake of enjoyment of all players
The problem with current MM, is it ignores player performance when making a match. The result of purple vs. red is often like it described in this post: http://forum.worldof...s-abomination/. I'm not a heavy wot player like many other on the forum who has gotten over 10k games under their belt but when I play this game, I found out there's nothing makes me more upset than watching my team losing the game because they don't know how to play.
You may think I'm a new player and thus this problem must be common among new player base, but I promise you it isn't. I play up to tier 4 scout and arty and I have seen this problem exist in even tier 8 players, they don't hide from arty, they stay out in the open and just wait to get killed and next thing you know, that team loses.
I don't enjoy a lopsided game, it doesn't matter I win or lose. I play this game for fun and there's not fun when you click battle button and you suddenly win or lose (I think playing minesweeper is more fun for that matter). If I win, I want to see the effort I put into it and if I lose, I want to learn how to improve.
Now people against this MM argue bad player will only play with bad players and thus they never learn how to improve. Here is my view: if you want to be good, there's nothing can stop you to be good. Even as a new player, with blow average performance, as long as you learn from your mistakes and willing to improve, you can still quickly improve win rate and able to challenge next higher ranked ladder.
Then there are people argue this MM will give more people close to 50% win rate. I think this is a pathetic reason. I play this game for fun, not for win rate. Besides, I don't think there's anything stopping you achieving 60% or even 70% win rate as long as you want it, starcraft uses ladder system and go check their global racking, I don't see anyone there is stuck with 50% win rate.
Here's a quick view of what will happen if MM start to consider w/l:
1. There will be more teamwork if you are a team player, because you will be playing with most of them.
2. There will be more close games and you can really see yourself work hard in this game in order to achieve victory.
3. This game becomes more competitive in the higher ranked ladder and more lay-back in lower ranked ladder except a few progressive new players.
4. WG don't have to work hard to advertise this game to recruit new players because this game will be much more forgiving to new players
5. Both competitive and lay-back players will be satisfied with their team more and have less complaint to the MM
6. You will see a lot less stats caller, trolls. Maybe only some in the lowest ladder.
7. Because higher ladder become more competitive, more players will be spending gold to keep up with their position in ladder. WG, are you listening? It's win-win!
That's just my thoughts after work today, I think I'm going to play a few games now.
NOTE: MM consider w/l =/= put a bad on good team or put a good on bad team
Serb has said specifically they will not and will never implement W/L in MM. He sees it as denying bad players to learn from good.