WCG US Nationals Qualifiers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

holakc #21 Posted Aug 17 2012 - 05:01

Captain

• Players
  • 33634 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Aug 15 2012 - 02:16, said:

This is a WCG event featuring World of Tanks. We don't make the rules for this one.

But WCG isnt only USA event, is WORLDWIDE event, so you AS WARGAMING can ask WCG to add qualifiers for other countrys too... wcg is 1 team per each nation so fight aganist teams of other countrys on the finals on china, how do you expect me to try to represent my country at the WCG of WorldOfTanks if there is no place i can join the tournament ?

WG did something to get WoT added.

why cant I represent my country on the WCG?

this server is NOT for USA ONLY

BTW, I know what WCG is.

I played some WCG qualifiers events (for other games) on my country before, and this year (same as every year) there are WCG qualifiers for other games at my country, but WHY NOT WorldOfTanks qualifiers for WCG on my country???

is very easy to make it, because this game is online...
but i think WG need to "create" the tournament, so special battle show up on the game, right?

Conflict #22 Posted Aug 17 2012 - 08:43

Captain

• Players
  • 14084 battles

View Postholakc, on Aug 17 2012 - 05:01, said:

But WCG isnt only USA event, is WORLDWIDE event, so you AS WARGAMING can ask WCG to add qualifiers for other countrys too... wcg is 1 team per each nation so fight aganist teams of other countrys on the finals on china, how do you expect me to try to represent my country at the WCG of WorldOfTanks if there is no place i can join the tournament ?

WG did something to get WoT added.

why cant I represent my country on the WCG?

this server is NOT for USA ONLY

BTW, I know what WCG is.

I played some WCG qualifiers events (for other games) on my country before, and this year (same as every year) there are WCG qualifiers for other games at my country, but WHY NOT WorldOfTanks qualifiers for WCG on my country???

is very easy to make it, because this game is online...
but i think WG need to "create" the tournament, so special battle show up on the game, right?

Read the rules. There will be no special battle, just training rooms like PAX Prime, and E3.

This has nothing to do with WG.

holakc #23 Posted Aug 17 2012 - 23:23

Captain

• Players
  • 33634 battles

View PostConflict, on Aug 17 2012 - 08:43, said:

Read the rules. There will be no special battle, just training rooms like PAX Prime, and E3.

This has nothing to do with WG.

thx for your answer, i stoped reading the rules when i read that only USA Citizens allowed to play WoT at WCG at the news of OUR OFFICIAL WORLDOFTANKS SERVER.

BTW im doing some contacts with icm2k company & WCG inc. to find some answers, i will post any info that i cant get (if I find any positive response from that company) im also comunicating with the WCG e-sports organizator for Official games for my country too. to see if they will add official promotional WCG games too. (or to convince them )

Relics #24 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12344 battles
  • [JQ] JQ
I would imagine it is due to the amount of a player base WoT currently has. Given the cost of flying each qualifying team to the finals for a promotional event, I could see it being a bit silly to invite each nation to have a qualifier when only 1-2 teams would even apply currently. It would essentially be saying "oh you are from xyz? well you have no competition in the qualifiers so enjoy your trip!"

Hopefully e-sports popularity will drive it into a yearly event and raise the competitive player base enough for it to be like the other WCG competitions.

I tried to see what nations were participating but its still under development, my guess is that it is any nation with a large player population (USA, RU, various Euro nations.)

holakc #25 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 22:57

Captain

• Players
  • 33634 battles
you are wrong relics, fist of all, this is not a CLAN event, is a NATION event, at my country we can show lots of teams, (dont let the little amount of Argentine clans fool you, we are a lot, we are the bigest spanish speaking comunity on the WoT. the only country that can compare in numbers is Spain (on eu server)
the others spanish speaking player base spanish that are close to Argentina are Chile and Mexico.

we have players from Argentina playing on a lot of english speaking clans. even some players from my country are playing on europe.

so based on teams (NOT CLANS) my country is able to gather lots of teams. and between all those teams, there should not be hard to make a qualifier to get a Team to represent my country at Finals.

( I KNOW THIS EVENT IS NOT RULED BY WARGAMING )

my country have already WCG tournaments on the other official games, 2 groups of tournaments, 1 to send teams to the regionals (on chile this year) and 1 to send teams to the finals on china.

so is not, 1-2 teams country.

my country have alarge player population, you cant see all of us because we dont even have the website translated to spanish (im allways on comunication with WGA Staff asking them to pay more attention to us.)

we are on a ENGLISH speaking server, with little support for us. even if there is lots of players from lots of countries that speak spanish on this server. we slowly getting more and more support, but still things advance too slow.

on europe there is only 1 country that speak spanish, and their spanish speaking palyer base have less spanish speaking players than our server.

but just because the europe server is more "prepared" to deal with ppl from diferent countrys/language than our Server, does not mean we are little amount, or we dont participate,

we dont even have a spanish speaking moderator on the spanish speaking subforum...

most of us dont play on EU server just because of the connection/ping issue (190/230 ms here Vs 350/390 ms on EU server). even some from our countrys, play on EU Server because the support for Spanish Speaking players is WAY better there than here.

we are forced to read lots of news from EU Server portal http://worldoftanks.eu/?language=es (at least we can read the ones that are the same all diferent servers, like game updates,etc,..) because they have the portal on spanish too.

so because we are not seriously taken careof , most of the time. does not mean we are just 1-2 teams.

Regards
-holakc

Relics #26 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 00:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12344 battles
  • [JQ] JQ
I might suggest starting with that then, see exactly how many tournament teams from Argentina could be put together to compete in the qualifiers and petition WCG to add them into the mix for the Finals. Having something concrete will definitely help your case, I really didn't know there was a large Argentinian population - outside of ACA I can't recall any other tournament teams. It would be interesting to see an activity break down for the NA server by country.

Squirrelin #27 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 14:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20767 battles
People on teams for tonight does anyone know when and where the battles start.

Conflict #28 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 19:48

Captain

• Players
  • 14084 battles

View PostSquirrelin, on Aug 20 2012 - 14:11, said:

People on teams for tonight does anyone know when and where the battles start.

No idea..

Squirrelin #29 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20767 battles
I mean it's only a couple of hours away and noone has a clue, this sounds iffy

Conflict #30 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 20:26

Captain

• Players
  • 14084 battles
Sent in a ticket..

Squirrelin #31 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 20:39

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20767 battles
Already did, prob wont answer since they don't answer their forums

ed_anger #32 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 20:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14299 battles
this doesnt sound like a mess at all.

SilentDemise #33 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 20:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57057 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I never got an answer to my post, so I didn't sign up on a team good luck guys.

Edited by SilentDemise, Aug 20 2012 - 20:42.

Yankee #34 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 22:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 40406 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Their forums are a mess, no traffic

This seems wrong.

trainednoob #35 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 23:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 17816 battles
  • [F-3] F-3
WCG has been a joke for a while...

glostik #36 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 23:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 4651 battles
Registration was extended one more night. Once it is closed tonight, the brackets will be posted showing match times and dates. Default time is 8:00pm CDT but you can reschedule with your opponent if you both can agree on a new time.

Squirrelin #37 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 23:53

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20767 battles
World of Tanks competitors,
WCG will be extending the registration window for all World of Tanks players until Monday, August 20th, 8 PM central time. Players looking to finalize their teams will have until this evening to lock in remaining details with their fellow teammates. Competitive matches will begin on Tuesday, August 21st.
All registered players will receive an email from WCG administrators with a link to the tournament brackets tomorrow.
A few additional things to keep in mind…
·  WCG will be providing players with officially recognized tournament accounts via email to be used for the online qualifiers. These accounts are ONLY to be used for the WCG Online Qualifiers, and cannot be used anywhere but in the designated training rooms. If players are caught using these accounts elsewhere, they will be disqualified.
·  All players must meet in the WCG USA channel to find their opponents. Your opponents Tournament Account name will be listed on the WCG USA website.
·  Make sure to contact your opponent to confirm match times and days. The time and date listed on the website bracket is a default time in case another agreement is not otherwise made.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line by opening a support ticket through your WCG profile at us.wcg.com.
Best of luck!
WCG Event Staff

Crimson_Corsair #38 Posted Aug 21 2012 - 00:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23751 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
·  WCG will be providing players with officially recognized tournament accounts

What the ****? Care to elaborate a tad more on this WCG, since this is kind of a BIG ****ING DEAL. Are we going to have access to ALL of the tanks? Are we going to have basic or well trained crews? Are we going to get gold for consumables and resetting crew skills?

This matters... a lot.

God what a croc of **** this is >_>

trainednoob #39 Posted Aug 21 2012 - 03:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 17816 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostCrimson_Corsair, on Aug 21 2012 - 00:00, said:

·  WCG will be providing players with officially recognized tournament accounts

What the ****? Care to elaborate a tad more on this WCG, since this is kind of a BIG ****ING DEAL. Are we going to have access to ALL of the tanks? Are we going to have basic or well trained crews? Are we going to get gold for consumables and resetting crew skills?

This matters... a lot.

God what a croc of **** this is >_>
That's not a big deal, you know that if your team doesn't come in first the qualifiers, you will have to pay for the flight/room/board, right? Anyway, I think the accounts are provided by WG and are similar to the press accounts (have 1mil gold, unlimited crew XP, billion credits, etc)...

Crimson_Corsair #40 Posted Aug 21 2012 - 03:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23751 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Bleh, bad post was bad.

Edited by Crimson_Corsair, Aug 22 2012 - 02:52.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users