WoT Battle League (Absolute Division) - discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
400 replies to this topic

Guest_Schperling_* #1 Posted Oct 28 2010 - 15:20

http://downloads.wor...bsolute_200.png

In this topic you can discuss WoT Battle League - Absolute Division.
You can ask questions on the rules and regulations, and the conduct of the championship.

Gorzki #2 Posted Oct 29 2010 - 19:13

Sergeant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Is one allowed to play in more then 1 division?

In registration topic you wrote that we need to send list of player nicks.
Substitute cannot replace player with higher tier tank then substituted player - but you didn't ask for declaring who plays which tank.

It would be easier just to assume that you may use whatever tank you have, under condition your squad for a battle satisfies division requirements.

What about planned soft wipe? will it happen before league start or during league?

dwhero #3 Posted Oct 29 2010 - 23:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Will we have "sudden death" matches or "group stage" and on which maps?

skyzefawlun #4 Posted Oct 29 2010 - 23:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6565 battles
  • [2AD] 2AD
Just out of curiosity, will the gold prizes be given out before or after the hard wipe at the end of the beta?  I know myself and most people I know are already sitting on thousands of gold with a month plus of premium already paid for, so while bragging rights are obviously at stake here, the gold prize if given out before a hard wipe seems a bit... I don't know... meh.

ed_anger #5 Posted Oct 30 2010 - 00:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14285 battles
battle league starts nov 15. soft wipe, if it happens, is dec or jan with clan wars.

yendub #6 Posted Oct 30 2010 - 02:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2536 battles
Ok, anyone else notice that the prize for 1st is 15,000 gold for this group and 20,000 for the champions?  Shouldn't it be more for this league?   Just my thoughts.

WarWolverineWarrior #7 Posted Oct 30 2010 - 23:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11438 battles
when does the registration ends?

iampants #8 Posted Oct 31 2010 - 00:14

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24679 battles
  • [TT] TT
When does registration close ?

iampants #9 Posted Nov 01 2010 - 01:00

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24679 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Postiampants, on Oct 31 2010 - 00:14, said:

When does registration close ?

Any answer ?

There seem to be a lot of questions in lots of the threads but no answers yet.

BTW is this a league ?  It only mentions the event taking place on 15th November ?  So how exactly is this going to work ?  If it is a league then how will you fit in every team playing every other all on one day ? Or is the 15th just the first day of the league battles ?

gustav_fuchs #10 Posted Nov 01 2010 - 16:25

First lieutenant

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles
Hello, Tankers!
Here I’ve answered a few questions of yours…..if there still any – here I am. This topic was specially created for clarify all your questions.

- Is a team allowed to register for more than one division?
Yes, if you want to participate all thye 3 divisions – you’re welcome. If you have enough time – it’s up to you. BUT!!! You cannot join 2 teams in one division.

- What maps? or map?
The maps will be announced after the tournament grid will be formed.

- Is that what it means by class? My friend interpreted classes as BT, TD, and SPG
Classes: heavy tank, light tank, medium tank, artys, tank destroyers. Tiers – from 1 to 10.

- The registration this time around doesn't mention submitting vehicles, only player names. Are we going to submit vehicles later for the reserves to work properly? Before each battle? As such, can we change our vehicle lineup?
There is no need to submit your tanks. You have the sum of the tanks tier – up to you the tranks you’re join the battle. If you exceed it – you’ll be disqualified.

BAAAM #11 Posted Nov 02 2010 - 21:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postyendub, on Oct 30 2010 - 02:38, said:

Ok, anyone else notice that the prize for 1st is 15,000 gold for this group and 20,000 for the champions?  Shouldn't it be more for this league?   Just my thoughts.

True i totally agree. The prizes for each league should be the same as we r all starting with 0 on release.

20000 for champions and 15000 for Absolute aint fair

maka #12 Posted Nov 02 2010 - 22:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I dont think in Champion league will be more teams(more people have this tanks) => it will be harder to win (sry for my english)

Gorzki #13 Posted Nov 02 2010 - 23:08

Sergeant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
champions is more complicated.
I'm not concerned with that so much, if you want more gold, start thinking instead of ganging up 15 IS-7 ;P

I am more curious about the playing without judges idea

so judges assume that captain of one team will create a room and add players from enemy team, then add players from his team.

I am a little concerned with a risk of changing your squad to better suit your opponent or changing the tanks in the last moment.
Or a situation when 1 team seeing enemy lineup will change their tanks, so the other team will change their tanks accordingly.

Knowing enemy squad aforehand, even a minute before choosing your own tank is a huge advantage and owner of the room has a better situation.
Also any malevolent behaviour will be hard to prove without fraps going condtantly on.

Is there any way to still maintain tactical flexibility (changing lineup according to map) which is good, without creating an opportunity of dishonest play?

For example both teams send list of tanks they want to use in that battle to GM so we can check it later in case of any protests or GM starts the room or anything like that?

BAAAM #14 Posted Nov 03 2010 - 01:14

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostGorzki, on Nov 02 2010 - 23:08, said:

I'm not concerned with that so much, if you want more gold, start thinking instead of ganging up 15 IS-7 ;P

so judges assume that captain of one team will create a room and add players from enemy team, then add players from his team.

I am a little concerned with a risk of changing your squad to better suit your opponent or changing the tanks in the last moment.
Or a situation when 1 team seeing enemy lineup will change their tanks, so the other team will change their tanks accordingly.

Knowing enemy squad aforehand, even a minute before choosing your own tank is a huge advantage and owner of the room has a better situation.
Also any malevolent behaviour will be hard to prove without fraps going condtantly on.

Is there any way to still maintain tactical flexibility (changing lineup according to map) which is good, without creating an opportunity of dishonest play?

For example both teams send list of tanks they want to use in that battle to GM so we can check it later in case of any protests or GM starts the room or anything like that?

Why u think the max players will be 14 in each team. I hope they will put 1 spectator at least to every battle.

gustav_fuchs #15 Posted Nov 03 2010 - 11:39

First lieutenant

• WG HQ Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostGorzki, on Nov 02 2010 - 23:08, said:

do not worry - if there will be such a cases of cheating - we can find it out in the log of the battle... And you can also see the enemy lineup in the battle room.

dwhero #16 Posted Nov 03 2010 - 17:17

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yep,he think right,it would be better if you can hide the tank-classes,the team who`s starting the battle can change lineup in the last seconds and goes live.
Maybe both teams must send 15 minutes before the match starts, the lineup of tanks to an admin ;)
I hope we play 2 rounds of a map,only that will be fair,the sides of the maps are not even.

SchlitzerMcGoerg #17 Posted Nov 03 2010 - 22:30

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Isn´t it much easier if teams join the game one after the other? First team begins with first player and choose his tank than one player of the other team joins the game with his tank. After joining the game you are not allowed to change it anymore. Easy thing

WarWolverineWarrior #18 Posted Nov 03 2010 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11438 battles

View PostBAAAM, on Nov 02 2010 - 21:46, said:

View Postyendub, on Oct 30 2010 - 02:38, said:

True i totally agree. The prizes for each league should be the same as we r all starting with 0 on release.

20000 for champions and 15000 for Absolute aint fair

I think champions is more clan wars/real tournament type of a match.
4 S-51 and 10 IS-7 isn't fair either. lol

BAAAM #19 Posted Nov 06 2010 - 22:34

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
We got the 06th of November now. I registered a team. When will we get info if our team is registered succesfully?

i think on the 15th its gonna be too late.

Rage_Oddball #20 Posted Nov 07 2010 - 12:04

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
we have members that send inquiry for changing there in game nicknames, so now we don't know what to put, the new or the old nick, there is all so a possibility for new nick name to be rejected, do we maybe put both nicknames, like Rage_Oddball(RaGe_OddBall)?
please help, thnx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users