WoT Battle League (Junior Division) - discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
416 replies to this topic

bloodie #401 Posted Jan 15 2011 - 13:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostGorzki, on Jan 15 2011 - 00:51, said:

I am sure you really wanted to test have much shit can you mouthfeed to players before they start dropping out of the league.

Because all that "it's only beta" is not worth a dime, when you realise how you were unable to react to players suggestions, propositions and problems that were seen.
Especially stupid is that there was absolutely no reaction for almost a month only to do everything else in like half an hour.
It's not "it's a beta". It's "we didnt really give a shit about that league and left you all alone and then we realise we don't have time anymore"

So, to sum up where especially you fucked up and what you should do better next time:

1. Rules about allowed tanks should be set more precise. Current format (max 60/90/no limit, max tier 6/8/10) with 1 point penalty for "virtual tractor" with player missing seems rather balanced although I must say, that in junior league you have to drop much more points (proportionally) then in Champions.
Especially in junior tendency to play 8 x tier6 + 6 x tier 2 (with very smal variations from time to time) shows that there  may be a problem with that point limit

2. Arty depends on cooperation so it's much more important in serious games. Suggestion to limit arty tier to 5 in junior and 6 in champions is quite interesting.

3. All judges decisions should be clearly explained and always posted in "Announcement" sections. In all leagues that may be influenced by the ruling
That rule is kinda obvious, yet it took me 5 posts (each angrier then before) until one of the judges admited that it's a good idea - others responded rudely picking on small, irrelevant inconsistencies.
Also after a week or so, judges happily forgot about that and to know the rules we had to dig through all "Discussion" topics in all 3 divisions.

4. If you change something in the rules, you can't apply new rules to matches already played. Seems kinda obvious, yet such a decision was made.

5. Instead of vague "it's up to you to decide about when to play" it should be stated:
"Time to play a match: Friday 20:00 GMT. Captains may agree to play on another time/date provided they post screenshots before Friday 23:59"
That way the judges appointed time to play match would be known before, so there will be no waiting for judges to appoint time and date few weeks after deadline.

6. Rules about determining who takes which place should be known before the league. Best way is:
a) points
B) match between the teams with the same amount of points
c) ratio of tanks destroyed / losses in all games (maybe even more fair would be ratio of sume of tiers of tanks destroyed / lost, but it may be too complicated to keep track of)

7. Play off stage should have - where it is possible - set playoff ladder to avoid teams playing against each other to often. If there is going to be random pairings, teams from the same group should not play against each other in playoff stage as long as possible.

It's just stupid when you made totaly random assignment to groups so some groups are mouch tougher then others and then you force people who already played against each other to repeat that.

Examples? 1st PAD Team Purple won game with Pirates HM and draw game with Pirates FD. 3 teams from that group reached quarter finals and havent lost to anyone outside their group, yet someone must have been eliminated in that stage.

In junior league 1st PAD black squad and Pirates HW from group C (I think) played quarterfinals against teams from group a (for sure from the same group).
So the setting made impossible for 2 teams from the same group to reach final and divided whole battle league into 2 halves, which having 1 place in finals reserved for them.

Absolute league with quarterfinals where team 1 from each group met team 4 with which they already  played is a total joke.

8. Players know what are the problems with the league. If they want something from you, it's probably important. If you dont answer, they will only start bashing you. If that happens, don't be defensive, but focus on solving underlaying problem.

I may add sth later :D

Removed

Gorzki #402 Posted Jan 15 2011 - 19:07

Sergeant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
You obviously didnt understand me.
So read everything once more carefully, and try to understand. I would be rude if I assume that you need special explanation what is wrong with piling teams that already played in a group in a playoff stage faster then it is neccessary.

And what you meant by saying I am mad?

bloodie, on 15 January 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:
Lifes hard deal with it.

But that's beside the point so what are you trying to tell?
The whole point of writing out what was wrong with that league is to let devs plan better the next league.
And it's definitely better if teams from the same group does not play against each other sooner then neccessary.
I thought that the whole point of playing in battle league is to compete with as many other teams as possible, not to make 2 separates battle league junior divisions and then extra match between 2 winners.
Groups A and B played one half and C and D played another half, the only match between any team between those 2 halves is final. It's a wrong ladder, and much better one (also for devs team before there would be less complaints) would be mixing as much between team as possible.

bloodie #403 Posted Jan 15 2011 - 19:35

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostGorzki, on Jan 15 2011 - 19:07, said:

You obviously didnt understand me.
So read everything once more carefully, and try to understand. I would be rude if I assume that you need special explanation what is wrong with piling teams that already played in a group in a playoff stage faster then it is neccessary.

And what you meant by saying I am mad?

Removed

halfik #404 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 01:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
As a Pirates clan leader i want say "thank you" to all teams that made decision to play in junior. We all had a lot of good fun here, we all learn something new from other clans - and that will pay off in future :)

So guys, cu all in next BL edition :)

exoriou #405 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 11:13

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postbloodie, on Jan 15 2011 - 19:35, said:

Lifes hard deal with it.
Stop trolling, please.

View Posthalfik, on Jan 16 2011 - 01:43, said:

As a Pirates clan leader i want say "thank you" to all teams that made decision to play in junior. We all had a lot of good fun here, we all learn something new from other clans - and that will pay off in future :)

So guys, cu all in next BL edition :)
GGs
was fun competing

.o7

Niesm #406 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 12:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Any news about "loosers" final - i mean match for the 3rd place?
It looks quite funny, that having less than 12 hrs to go we still do not know what is the deal.....

rafsme #407 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 12:37

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yep. I think final can be after champions' final.

Niesm #408 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 12:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That means, we re offered 3 hrs of no info to gather the squad on Sunday :(

rafsme #409 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 12:57

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I think they should make 2 3rd places in junior. That would be easier.

Gorzki #410 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 14:06

Sergeant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Seriously, after all that happened I'm not sure if there's a point in playing for a 3rd place

Baine #411 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 15:00

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostNiesm, on Jan 16 2011 - 12:41, said:

That means, we re offered 3 hrs of no info to gather the squad on Sunday :(

View Postrafsme, on Jan 16 2011 - 12:57, said:

I think they should make 2 3rd places in junior. That would be easier.

This was just updated.

http://forum.worldof...r-league-final/

So no need to play for 3rd places, both are considered 3rd place.

ed_anger #412 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 15:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14279 battles
So Division Wüstenfuchs and Iron Raiders do not have a match? Both teams win our 3rd place round? The announcement doesn't mention teams by name.

halfik #413 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 15:31

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Posted_anger, on Jan 16 2011 - 15:29, said:

So Division Wüstenfuchs and Iron Raiders do not have a match? Both teams win our 3rd place round? The announcement doesn't mention teams by name.

its about 3rd place battle - teams that lost in semi-finals.

it have nothing to do with teams that finished in 3rd places in groups and have fight for 2500 gold.

ed_anger #414 Posted Jan 16 2011 - 15:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14279 battles

View Posthalfik, on Jan 16 2011 - 15:31, said:

its about 3rd place battle - teams that lost in semi-finals.

it have nothing to do with teams that finished in 3rd places in groups and have fight for 2500 gold.
That's what I was wondering, thanks.

Though I think the info is gone about our 3rd places groups fights as well, it was in the same place. We are supposed to have a fight today as well.

cocotiscute #415 Posted Feb 20 2011 - 04:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10034 battles
*REMOVED*
read Private Messages. /soulspectre

darthvader31 #416 Posted Feb 22 2011 - 02:08

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
how do you start the game play can someone help me?

TankBuster55555 #417 Posted Mar 06 2011 - 17:26

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
when do you actually play this game!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users