Friendly Fire & Team Kill auto system

• Please log in to reply
1489 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 08:18

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
Team Damage & Team Kill Auto System
The automated Team Damage and Team Kill system was first introduced into World of Tanks back in April 2011, since its introduction there has been many tweaks and adjustments so it's time for an update of how the system works.

Team Damage Tracking.
There are two systems for the tracking of Team Damage;
A Global Rating which tracks Team Damage from the account over a period of time, and a Local Rating which tracks Team Damage within a specific game.

What Counts as Team Damage?

[Note: This section has changed since patch 8.11]
All instances of Team Damage & Friendly Damage are tracked, except the following.
• Self destruction / Self damage
• Damaging of a player whose local status equals “Team-killer” (They are "Blue" in game)
• Damaging of a player within the Training Room.

Team Damage Weighting.
Every Team Damage shot is not equal.
The automated system takes a huge number of factors into consideration to determine whether a friendly fire shot was accidental or deliberate and each shot is weighted accordingly.
For example Team Damage in or within the cap zones are weighted very heavily, similarly are multiple instances of friendly fire.
Ratios are also taken into consideration comparing friendly damage to damage done to enemies. Both locally (this game) and globally (recent gaming history)

Team Damage Sanctions.
Depending on the ratio's and thresholds mentioned above. when a player reaches a threshold they will turn "Blue" in game and can then be shot/killed by allies without that effecting the retaliatory TD/TK ratio's.
Slightly above the threshold for turning blue, is the Ban threshold, which once reached will result in a game ban placed on the offender.
It is very common for a player to turn "Blue" and then also be banned, it is also very common for a player to reach one of the ban thresholds and be banned without ever turning blue.

Blue Status.
As described above, the "Blue" status is a small section between being a normal account and being banned for excessive friendly fire.
If you have reached this "Blue" status in game, please note that your account is bordering on game bans being placed.
How long does the blue status last? It will last as long as your ratio's are at that threshold.
How do you revert back to normal? Play the game as normal, and damage enemy tanks to reduce your ratios.

Game Suspensions.
Once an account has reached the threshold sufficient for sanctions to be placed, escalating bans will be issued.

• 1 Hour Game Suspension
  • 1 Day Game Suspension
  • 7 Day Game Suspension
  • 30 Day Game Suspension
  • Permanent Game Suspension

Reporting Team Damage or Team Kills.
The automate Team Damage and Team Kill system has been thoroughly tested and tweaked since its introduction. It works and works very well, taking into consideration a multitude of scenarios.
As such, no reports of friendly fire are required, nor are they accepted. All tickets sent to support reporting team killers will be replied to stating this fact with the player sent to this post for more information.

All disputes on TD/TK sanctions will not be accepted.

As most of you are aware, there has been a complaints feature in game which contains an option for reporting TKers. Thank you for using this feature in the past, it has helped us perfect the auto system currently in place. However as mentioned above, reports on Team Damage and Team Killing are no longer required or handled manually. Reports made for team killing in game, will no longer be processed or required. It is planned to have this option removed from the in game reporting system in a future update.

Reporting Team Damage, or disputing sanctions for Team Damage within the forums are both against the forum rules.

Abuse of Physics.
With update (8.0) and the introduction of Physics, it will then be possible for players to find new and creative ways of killing allies that will not initially be covered by the auto system.
The rules have been adjusted to cover this game adjustment. In short, unfairly pushing allied tanks around is against the game rules.
Since this new issue will not be covered by the automated system, players will be required to submit reports containing replays of these rule violations to support.worldoftanks.com. Replays are required for verification

Examples of Physics Abuse: pushing allied tanks off cliffs or bridges or out of cover and into enemy fire.
Killing an allied tank or causing an allied tank to be killed by exploiting the new physics system, will result in 24 hour game bans being placed for the first offense.

Compensation and Penalties for Team Damage.
[Note: This section has changed since patch 8.11]

The repairs of vehicles of the damaged party are compensated. Apart from the repairs cost, the culprit additionally pays an additional 10% from the repairs total

amount. The culprit pays the affected party not only with credits received for the battle, but also with credits available on the account.

Public Tests.
Support is not available for the Public Test server.

This includes reports of rule violations.
The auto system handles friendly fire on the Public Test server the same as it handles it on the retail servers (as described above)

Tanitha #2 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 11:19

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
I'll unlock these so players can ask questions on the rules.

But please be warned that the forums is not the place to dispute sanctions, or report offenders (Which is why I originally locked the threads)

Dublin_Gunner #3 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 14:57

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Is there any way to check a players ratio? Or check your own even?

Also, compensation recevied (credits) are usually very paltry and pointless - will this be fixed at all?

Will collision damage ever be removed from the ratio, or a more complex algorithm put in place to ignore this? (often happens at start of game etc) or instances where a player in a lower tier tank intentionally causes a collision penalising the higher tier tank? (a form of griefing).

Edited by Dublin_Gunner, Aug 18 2012 - 15:00.

BlazeZero #4 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 15:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26444 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR
Like Dublin_Gunner I think that compensation received for damage dealt to you is far lower than it should be, or at the very least it seems to be very disconnected with the amount that a player has to pay for DOING team damage. And yes collision team damage for maybe the first minute of the game needs to not be penalize just so all the drunk drivers can get out of the spawn area.

Ernesters #5 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 16:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 10526 battles
  • [SJB-T] SJB-T
If you kill a team-mate that's turned blue, will you still receive a '-1' as your score?

Yoott #6 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 16:48

Associate eSports Manager

• Administrator
  • 20679 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Ernesters, on Aug 18 2012 - 16:23, said:

If you kill a team-mate that's turned blue, will you still receive a '-1' as your score?

Dont think so... I cant say Ive killed enough to tell you I usually let the rest of the team do it.

NavySnipers #7 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 20340 battles
  • [LABS] LABS
http://marks.dk/word...3/slow-clap.gif

NavySnipers #8 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 20340 battles
  • [LABS] LABS

Ernesters, on Aug 18 2012 - 16:23, said:

Yes, you will recieve a -1, but I don't think you will be fined.

Ozium #9 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 18:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18098 battles
but your system encourages griefing players and bad team play:

tank repair is fairly cheep so getting hit by FF doesn't really hurt, so i can drive in front of my teamates to get a shot or killshot and if he shoots me so what... it's He that gets the big fine and maybe turn blue if he kills me but i can laugh that i stole the kill !

the system is teaching players to ignore the tanks around them because the penalty is so small and the reward of better stats big and the bonus of making players rage is priceless. at least before it was them who payed the price if they weren't paying attention and drove in front of friendly fire.

rinying #10 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 11134 battles

Ozium, on Aug 18 2012 - 18:07, said:

but your system encourages griefing players and bad team play:

tank repair is fairly cheep so getting hit by FF doesn't really hurt, so i can drive in front of my teamates to get a shot or killshot and if he shoots me so what... it's He that gets the big fine and maybe turn blue if he kills me but i can laugh that i stole the kill !

the system is teaching players to ignore the tanks around them because the penalty is so small and the reward of better stats big and the bonus of making players rage is priceless. at least before it was them who payed the price if they weren't paying attention and drove in front of friendly fire.
you block someones shot, expect them to assist the enemy in killing you. :P.

Red_Raven_168 #11 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 10917 battles

NavySnipers, on Aug 18 2012 - 17:02, said:

Yes, you will recieve a -1, but I don't think you will be fined.
considering that a blue is really an enemy (many cases) --- shouldn't you receive a +1 for killing a blue?

Emothic #12 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 5103 battles
When does the system "registures" the Team Damage during a single game. Like, does it count it as soon as the shot hits a team mate, or does it wait till the end of the game to result the ratio?

Scrubbing_Pubbles #13 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 21:55

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18019 battles
  • [NTR] NTR

Emothic, on Aug 18 2012 - 20:14, said:

When does the system "registures" the Team Damage during a single game. Like, does it count it as soon as the shot hits a team mate, or does it wait till the end of the game to result the ratio?

I would assume instantly, since I turned blue after killing a guy that was shooting my platoon mate.

yarl5000 #14 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6248 battles
  • [VPG-R] VPG-R
I think you need to go and look at this system a lot more closely since collisions are quiet often causes of a lot of team damage either purposefully or accidental like stated
"tiny tank runs into big tank, gets a little damaged, end of match and big tank who was just sitting there gets fined for nothing and tiny tank gets bonus credits."

Other big thing is other people play this game and other people are stupid IE "I line up my shot on enemy tank and I click to fire, shell goes flying but o look one of my teammates drives right in the path of the round after it left my "barrel" but before it hit them, bam they get hurt, I say I'm sorry, they acknowledge it was there fault, I still get massive fine."

What about poor arty players? Do they get treated special since they have high splash damage and can't control the shell after firing it and they have a lot more hang time for things to change.

Edit: After rereading I feel I should ask this.  You turn blue how much higher is the ban threshold? Also as stated if a tank is blue I can kill it with no penalty to me and if they are blue it seems that they are just as likely to shoot me as the enemy so why shouldn't I kill them on site and not risk it aka making it really hard for them to damage an enemy tank to return to normal.   I do think you should include some sort of automated warning system after someone turns blue like after the battle is over something pops up in their garage to tell them why they are blue, what further team damage will result in, and how to get rid of it.  I am sure there are people who have no clue what it means when they turn blue or how to get rid of it. It could save you a lot of requests and forum topics asking why they are blue, etc.

Sandman1969 #15 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 11830 battles
  • [-AIA-] -AIA-
Since reporting of said users cannot be done via the support system, then that option within the system needs to be removed.
That way no one can pick the option of reporting people to begin with, unless they just submit a regular ticket.

Dysgruntled #16 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 22:32

Private

• Players
  • 3562 battles

yarl5000, on Aug 18 2012 - 22:05, said:

Other big thing is other people play this game and other people are stupid IE "I line up my shot on enemy tank and I click to fire, shell goes flying but o look one of my teammates drives right in the path of the round after it left my "barrel" but before it hit them, bam they get hurt, I say I'm sorry, they acknowledge it was there fault, I still get massive fine."

This is EXACTLY what just happened to me and I got suspended. In the last game not once, but twice I had enemy tanks zeroed in and right as I pulled the trigger a light tank from my team zoomed right into my line of fire and gets destroyed. I apologized to the affected players. I was never tagged "blue". It is aparent that this "system" is highly flawed as it completely ignored the fact that at the end of the game I had killed 3 enemy tanks, hardly something that a "team killer" would put effort into. It also DOES NOT, as it claims, differentiate between intentional and accidental fire, because if it did I would have not been suspended.

I was considering spending money on this game, but if this is the kind of haphazard way suspensions are handed out I don't think I will ever give this company a penny.

whitelighter66 #17 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 3130 battles

Dysgruntled, on Aug 18 2012 - 22:32, said:

This is EXACTLY what just happened to me and I got suspended. In the last game not once, but twice I had enemy tanks zeroed in and right as I pulled the trigger a light tank from my team zoomed right into my line of fire and gets destroyed. I apologized to the affected players. I was never tagged "blue". It is apparent that this "system" is highly flawed as it completely ignored the fact that at the end of the game I had killed 3 enemy tanks, hardly something that a "team killer" would put effort into. It also DOES NOT, as it claims, differentiate between intentional and accidental fire, because if it did I would have not been suspended.

I was considering spending money on this game, but if this is the kind of haphazard way suspensions are handed out I don't think I will ever give this company a penny.

I know it didn't state specific numbers and most likely for a good reason. Saying exactly how much TD you can do would give griefers the ability to manipulate the system to it's fullest. Not knowing when or how the bans will take place will keep the bad players in check. Also giving the players the ability to track their TD runs the same risks.

Accidents are not the issue as stated that the ratio's will decrease with normal play. I think if you are sloppy enough to do that much accidental damage you have some more pressing issues! (this is not directed to the person I am quoting, just a general statement).

My concern is that this will breed a whole new type of griefer much like the insurance fraud drop and squat routine. It's where a car swerves into your lane and slows down suddenly forcing you to collide with them. I see jerk intentionally trying to get you to run into or even shoot them.

I also understand the lack of (or decreased) compensating for the collision damage as it would breed even more trouble. This however is highly unfair to lower tier and smaller tanks the heavies just roll into causing much larger damage because they are the "big dogs". Remove collision damage within your team, this would eliminate the issue altogether and prevent people from taking advantage of TD collisions. It was already quite unfair when receiving 2000 in collision damage recovering only a hundred creds or so.

Will this system also take into account when you are doing an advance fire and retreat to cover and some twit moves in behind you to take your cover requiring you to back into them or be shot???

I understand the changes but it sounds like it will cause just as much havoc for the innocents as the guilty!

lucasbytegenius #18 Posted Aug 18 2012 - 23:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10863 battles
Shouldn't ramming count as friendly fire? There's been 7 instances where a fellow teammate has rammed me to death.

Sandman1969 #19 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 11830 battles
  • [-AIA-] -AIA-

Dysgruntled, on Aug 19 2012 - 00:11, said:

Giving out a reward for being a victim of a TK is absurd.

So why shouldn't a victim be compensated? Why should they be punished as well?

Red_Raven_168 #20 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 04:05

Major

• Players
  • 10917 battles

Sandman1969, on Aug 19 2012 - 02:43, said:

So why shouldn't a victim be compensated? Why should they be punished as well?
consider how a griefer could use this for fun and profit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users