64 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:34

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
Forum Warning Points / Sanction System

Posted Image

Hello Players.

The next topic which could use a little clarification is the new "Forum Warning Points" system.

A bit over a week ago the forum updated and part of that update was a new forum warning system.
It was very difficult to explain to you the players exactly what everything meant, and what the changes meant, because the system was programmable and currently not programmed.

So first of all we had to program things in, develop the procedures, and then come to this stage where we are now ready to explain what the "Forum Warning Points" mean.

The Old System.

Based on the forum rules, every warning or sanction generated 1 warning level
Warning levels ranged from 0 -> 10 and were represented by a red bar to the moderation team under the players name.
This simply was used as a visual representation of the players previous warn/sanction history, and was not used for anything else.
When a players warning level was at 10, warnings and sanctions continued as normal without the level exceeding 10.

The New System.

Now the new warning/sanction system has a feature where players can see their previous warning history & number of warnings, this is on by default, but may be switched off.
Warnings and Sanctions can now be programmed in, for a moderator to select from the preprogrammed reasons and corresponding sanction times based on the severity of the offense.

All old warnings issued before the system was introduced show as the reason "Other"
Warnings and sanctions issued "currently" are also under the reason "Other".
Soon the warnings will be titled correctly based on the main offense that occurred.
Warning levels have no range and vary from 0 -> no limit.
Warning levels will soon increase by 0-> 3 for a rule violation, depending on the severity of the offense.

Escalating sanctions.

A players warning level is not directly related to sanctions placed.
Default (and now programmed) sanction durations exist.
Default forum sanctions usually range from a warning, 6 hours of "Read Only", 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, Permanent.
If a player repeats an offense within 7 days of the previous sanction expiring, the appropriate sanction is doubled.
Rule violations considered major will receive sanctions without any warnings previously being issued, Warnings with no sanctions are limited to minor offenses.
Repetitive and excessive rule violations are referred to management where after an investigation the decision may be made to start escalating sanctions instead of the default.
Sanctions for forum offenses may result in game bans being issued, or cross platform (multi game) sanctions, however such situations are rare and not desirable.

System Integration.

The new system will be rolled out in stages, starting with WOWP -> WOWS -> WOT
The first two to be mid/late this week, with WOT to follow asap after that, but currently no fixed ETA.

Player Difference.

Players shouldn't notice a great deal of difference between the systems except.
Now players can see their previous warnings and warning level (which may or may not be switched off shortly)
Moderators will be able to increase their work flow substantially which will reflect in less of a turn around time in handling forum reports, etc.

*Please note, that this post is only designed to cover "forum warning points" and does not fully cover forum moderation or in game moderation. These announcements will follow separately and shortly.

Regards
Tan.

Tiger_23 #2 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10003 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
O.o

Im outlaw so...

*runs away*

nui_vu #3 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:38

Captain

• Players
  • 12418 battles
will the warnings you receive go away after a duration of time? sorry if i missed it.

Tanitha #4 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:39

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

View PostTiger_23, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:37, said:

O.o

Im outlaw so...

*runs away*

With a avatar like that, nothing else would be appropriate.

Tanitha #5 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:40

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

View Postlaxrules56, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:38, said:

will the warnings you receive go away after a duration of time? sorry if i missed it.

It can be programmed as such, (from this day forward), however since the warning level doesn't effect sanction durations there is no need to have it diminishing. Especially if it ends up going back into hiding (Players cant see it / Like it used to be)

nui_vu #6 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:47

Captain

• Players
  • 12418 battles

View PostTanitha, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:40, said:

It can be programmed as such, (from this day forward), however since the warning level doesn't effect sanction durations there is no need to have it diminishing.
any idea if they would in the late future? i got warning`s on me and i don`t want them still on my record for the next 3-4 years from now, and get banned because of something i did 3-4 years before.

Topato #7 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22047 battles
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
Tanitha thanks for taking the time to explain stuff us. In way this old yahoo can understand stuff :Smile_great:

Darkbowser3 #8 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 17:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10816 battles

View PostTanitha, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:34, said:

The new system will be rolled out in stages, starting with WOWP -> WOWS -> WOT
The first two to be mid/late this week, with WOT to follow asap after that, but currently no fixed ETA.

Regards
Tan.

I didn't even think that there was a forum available on WoWS yet...must be for developers only

Edited by Darkbowser3, Aug 19 2012 - 17:55.

Trouble_SR #9 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 18:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24393 battles
I got 8 warning points. :Smile_sceptic:

View PostDarkbowser3, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:55, said:

I didn't even think that there was a forum available on WoWS yet...must be for developers only

http://forum-na.worldofwarships.com/

Skygunner #10 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 18:15

Captain

• Players
  • 22235 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
I'm glad they cleared this one up, I was getting rather worried.

Edited by Skygunner, Aug 19 2012 - 18:15.

Tanitha #11 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 18:19

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

View Postlaxrules56, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:47, said:

any idea if they would in the late future? i got warning`s on me and i don`t want them still on my record for the next 3-4 years from now, and get banned because of something i did 3-4 years before.

Don't stress : ) This will not auto ban based on the number of points,  it is possible but we aren't going to be using it.
The reason (as you said) is old points are meaningless, and World of Tanks is pretty veteran now, one off-topic post a month in between 100 great posts would equal 24 points by now over the last 2 years (ignoring the previous 10 limit).

Sanctions are either the default duration, doubled due to repeat offenses within 7 days of the previous expiring, or escalated to management due to repetitive and excessive rule violations and then based on a human investigation taking all things into consideration.

So in short, ignore old points, we do.

/Tan

Tanitha #12 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 18:25

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

View PostTopato, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:48, said:

Tanitha thanks for taking the time to explain stuff us. In way this old yahoo can understand stuff :Smile_great:

I'm glad it read OK for you, it was harder to write and not as simple as the other ones.
It should make more sense when its paired up with a guide on forum sanctions.

/Tan

M1ster_R0gers #13 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 18:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38708 battles
  • [MKBLV] MKBLV
Does this mean that I am the only one who sees my warning points? What fun is that??

AntonioHandsome #14 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 17015 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
I feel much safer now, thanks a lot, Tanitha.

NoblePlatoon #15 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 19:19

Captain

• Players
  • 16690 battles

View PostM1ster_R0gers, on Aug 19 2012 - 18:36, said:

Does this mean that I am the only one who sees my warning points? What fun is that??
You WANT people to see what a bad boy you have been? Mr. Rogers is turning over in his grave. :Smile_amazed:

husband #16 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 19:42

Major

• Players
  • 36792 battles

View PostTanitha, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:34, said:

does not fully cover ... in game moderation. These announcements will follow separately and shortly.

Thanks Tanitha; and I look forward to the in game moderation info - I have no idea when to use or what affect "unfair play" means in game - and I use it for players who are afk, grieving, rage quit or deliberately not participating in a match (in the corner facing the egde of the map). We have no idea if our reports are appropriate/accurate or if any action is ever taken.

Same goes for Insult and provocation - as far as we know people who bypass the swear filter or are racist or insulting in game- nothing ever happens to them despite "reporting" them violating the terms of service.

I would like to see a report published on WoT listing the quantity(no naming) of bans handed out  similar like World of Warplanes did for those violating the terms of service/confidentiality.

Otherwise - frankly we have no confidence in the in-game system and the support ticket experience is not transparent or designed to be easy to use. Should I still bother to use the ingame system?

Thank you for your consideration -

Edited by husband, Aug 19 2012 - 20:04.

greentatertot #17 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 20:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19070 battles
Tanitha the Big problem with this system is favoritism.I have two forum points dating back to about 8 maybe 9 months ago and all I did was post a video of that funny guy on that TV comercial that says," yes , hello dis is peggy how can help you," and I posted the russian guy from the DirectV commericail saying," I is opulence".You all got extreamly angry about what i posted and there was not one curse word or not one thing offencive in my video's I posted just for laughs , yet I see DEVS AND MODS allowing there "CERTAIN" friends post extreamly vulgar videos and racist videos and videos of other games with large amounts of curseing in them and you moderators and devs DID NOT TAKE ACTION  ...... UNTIL I posted in the thread asking why you all allow certain others to get away with EVERYTHING and people like me that broke NOT ONE rule get banned and forum points!

Favortisim! at its finest and this system is set up in a way that large amounts of moderators can abuse players ,

re think this as one of these days your going to ban some players for absolutly nothing and youll have a US Boycott on your hands very fast and that would be no fun seeing a fine bunch of American active duty and retired military  , not to mention the very many civy's leaving  youir game in drovs and word of mouth spreads like a wild fire to

Montykoro #18 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 20:59

Captain

• Players
  • 27229 battles
Thanks Tan for ALL the good works in the Forums!

General Direction give the Employ of the Month to Tanitha!

Tanitha #19 Posted Aug 19 2012 - 22:29

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

View Posthusband, on Aug 19 2012 - 19:42, said:

Thanks Tanitha; and I look forward to the in game moderation info - I have no idea when to use or what affect "unfair play" means in game - and I use it for players who are afk, grieving, rage quit or deliberately not participating in a match (in the corner facing the egde of the map). We have no idea if our reports are appropriate/accurate or if any action is ever taken.

Same goes for Insult and provocation - as far as we know people who bypass the swear filter or are racist or insulting in game- nothing ever happens to them despite "reporting" them violating the terms of service.

I would like to see a report published on WoT listing the quantity(no naming) of bans handed out  similar like World of Warplanes did for those violating the terms of service/confidentiality.

Otherwise - frankly we have no confidence in the in-game system and the support ticket experience is not transparent or designed to be easy to use. Should I still bother to use the ingame system?

Thank you for your consideration -

Hi

Did you read this post? http://forum.worldof...plaints-system/
A lot of your questions on in game features is covered in that link.

As for the naming and shaming, its been discussed a little in here.
You say similar to WOWP, but WOWP did name initially, until it was removed.

In WOT 37 players were permanently game banned last month for "Excessive and repetitive passive pay" 23 were warned.
Similar numbers compared to the last WOT announcement which included a list of 42 banned for the same reason.

As for the insults and provocation in game category, as stated in the other link we processed/investigated about ~1200 players this week.
But to be fair we were catching up on a bit of backlog there.

View Postgreentatertot, on Aug 19 2012 - 20:57, said:

Favortisim! at its finest and this system is set up in a way that large amounts of moderators can abuse players
\

We luvs you all equally. :wub:

View PostMontykoro, on Aug 19 2012 - 20:59, said:

Thanks Tan for ALL the good works in the Forums!

General Direction give the Employ of the Month to Tanitha!

To be fair the forums is one of my main jobs, so its expected for me to be around here more than a lot of others who specialize in other area's.
But we all do our part.

And I was WG's top Australian employee each month for the last 24 months, But now i have to compete with some ex Big World staff :Smile-tongue:

hipcanuck #20 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 00:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12562 battles
My warning point was from Beta lol. Have yet to see anyone else with some.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users