Jump to content


Forum Warning Points / Sanction System


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

CHR157IAN_ALPHA #21 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 01:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27551 battles
  • 953
  • [L-O-M] L-O-M
  • Member since:
    10-24-2011

View Postgreentatertot, on Aug 19 2012 - 20:57, said:

Tanitha the Big problem with this system is favoritism.I have two forum points dating back to about 8 maybe 9 months ago and all I did was post a video of that funny guy on that TV comercial that says," yes , hello dis is peggy how can help you,"
http://images.dailyt...Capital_One.png

and I posted the russian guy from the DirectV commericail saying," I is opulence".
http://cdn1.membean....ids/opulent.jpg

You all got extreamly angry about what i posted and there was not one curse word or not one thing offencive in my video's I posted just for laughs , yet I see DEVS AND MODS allowing there "CERTAIN" friends post extreamly vulgar videos and racist videos and videos of other games with large amounts of curseing in them and you moderators and devs DID NOT TAKE ACTION  ...... UNTIL I posted in the thread asking why you all allow certain others to get away with EVERYTHING and people like me that broke NOT ONE rule get banned and forum points!
...


You do know it is possible to offend people without cussing right?


Im glad to hear you are refining all aspects of this game and community.

Thanks Tan

greentatertot #22 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 05:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 16934 battles
  • 455
  • [7AD17] 7AD17
  • Member since:
    07-04-2010
edit

Edited by greentatertot, Aug 20 2012 - 05:07.


greentatertot #23 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 05:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 16934 battles
  • 455
  • [7AD17] 7AD17
  • Member since:
    07-04-2010

View PostCHR157IAN_ALPHA, on Aug 20 2012 - 01:07, said:

You do know it is possible to offend people without cussing right?


Im glad to hear you are refining all aspects of this game and community.

Thanks Tan

yep this was all it takes to get a ban yet others can and do get away with almost anything unless i see it then i take it directly to the company that dose do something about it seeing that the favoritism allows certain others to post very vulgar things and they get NO BAN and no warning points
yes this was what i had posted yet i and many others have seen other posts and devs on the posts and mods and not one action was taken against the poster untill i spoke up against the cursing , so yeah there is favoritism most definitely and what i posted was not at all anywhere near bad, it was just humor , ya know funny , haha, or i guess many at wargamer have no humor

hipcanuck #24 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:30

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10778 battles
  • 225
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010
Tater, this is alot like the NF forums where we used to get banned for saying/doing/posting things we found funny in OUR culture. While they are funny to us North Americans, especially people who have had military service like myself and end up with a very twisted sense of humor because of it, other cultures or nationalities find them offensive.

A perfect example, and my opologies if this offends!!!!, is calling a Japanese person a "Jap". Us lazy North Americans dont want to say the whole word so we shorten it up. However, Japanese people find our shortened version very offensive, same goes for the shortened version of Nipon. Again, we aren't trying to offend, we are just lazy and never pass up an opportunity to mess with the english language.

ChickenMcFuggits #25 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 21517 battles
  • 2,763
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostTanitha, on Aug 19 2012 - 22:29, said:

And I was WG's top Australian employee each month for the last 24 months, But now i have to compete with some ex Big World staff :Smile-tongue:
Kill them and tell the cops the internetz told you to do it.

Tnater #26 Posted Aug 22 2012 - 19:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16677 battles
  • 662
  • [KFB] KFB
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View Postgreentatertot, on Aug 20 2012 - 05:06, said:

yep this was all it takes to get a ban yet others can and do get away with almost anything unless i see it then i take it directly to the company that dose do something about it seeing that the favoritism allows certain others to post very vulgar things and they get NO BAN and no warning points
yes this was what i had posted yet i and many others have seen other posts and devs on the posts and mods and not one action was taken against the poster untill i spoke up against the cursing , so yeah there is favoritism most definitely and what i posted was not at all anywhere near bad, it was just humor , ya know funny , haha, or i guess many at wargamer have no humor

Tater, your posts are as valid as anyone's, and I appreciate attempts at injecting humor as much (or more) than the next guy.
But dude, we have to work on two things:
1) punctuation (these are periods>..........................Very useful little things.  You can use some of the ones I just gave you.  They help the reader stop, take a breath and digest each idea you present before proceeding to the next.
2) run-on sentences that lack capitals to indicate the start of a thought and also lack any type of proper punctuation other than sixty commas, make it incredibly difficult for readers to grasp and process what it is you are trying to convey and that is why basic sentence structure and paragraphing exists to aid the reader especially when the discussion centers around the finer techical points of tanking and armor capabilities and gun penetration with its impact on damage points in the game

Just want to be able to understand you better, bro.

M1ster_R0gers #27 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 07:52

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26557 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011
Here is a prime example of an easily misunderstood cultural joke.
http://cdn.memegener...0x/25406433.jpg

... Stay thirsty my friends!

Edited by M1ster_R0gers, Aug 23 2012 - 08:30.


BuubyTrap #28 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 22:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13065 battles
  • 1,266
  • [1CAR] 1CAR
  • Member since:
    04-10-2012
Especially if the cultural group consists of vampires!

Okay, I know, non-constructive post. Bring on the ban.

BTW, what does RO actually mean/stand for?

1944WC51 #29 Posted Aug 25 2012 - 18:19

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14575 battles
  • 223
  • [TFJ] TFJ
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostBuubyTrap, on Aug 23 2012 - 22:34, said:

Especially if the cultural group consists of vampires!

Okay, I know, non-constructive post. Bring on the ban.

BTW, what does RO actually mean/stand for?


Read Only status in the forums for given period

And no attempts at comedy or humor or satire of Russia, it's people, history or game personnel is tolerated in any way. You have been warned....

firemick #30 Posted Aug 25 2012 - 19:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 29091 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
:Smile_glasses: How do I request that my entire clan get a R/O permaban from the Clan/Rivalry Diplomacy section? I would love to have that as an option!  :

Tuco22 #31 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 00:15

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10523 battles
  • 9,385
  • [BULLS] BULLS
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010
:[

greentatertot #32 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 14:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 16934 battles
  • 455
  • [7AD17] 7AD17
  • Member since:
    07-04-2010
could care less anymore on this game seeing that WG has been and still is running off far more customer's then they are keeping around and Americans will not tollorate them acting like they are and all American that play this game know EXACTLY how WG is treating us Americans on this game and we are about fed up , good luck at getting the numbers up on this game seeing word of mouth is spreading like a wild fire about how Americans are treated on this game WG!!!!!

Edited by greentatertot, Sep 16 2012 - 14:04.


fkx #33 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 14:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39575 battles
  • 191
  • [FKX] FKX
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011
Moar rules.

yay

Tolos #34 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 14:15

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23885 battles
  • 11,433
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    09-22-2010
Just would be nice if certain mods would do there job correctly and without bias, rather then seeing the name and ROing/warning without even looking at dates times and context. Sad when you get a warning for something that was posted 2 months ago and something that NO other mod seemed to mind.

Tan, you need to give a rule book to each and every mod and tell them DO THIS, rather then letting them using there own judgement.

And trust me, its not just me that thinks like this

TitanSmash #35 Posted Sep 26 2012 - 09:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14997 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012
Just because I'm the curious type; who decides what is offensive and sanctionable, aside from out and out swearing, porn etc which should be acted upon immediately.. Is calling someone a liar, worth a sanction point, is asking if you were dropped or fell and landed on your head as a kid? It seems sanctions handed out by individuals are so subjective, what one person sees as acceptable may well be totally inappropriate and upsetting to another. Who moderates the moderators?

Just my 2 cents worth..

Blackhorse_Six #36 Posted Sep 26 2012 - 12:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 27859 battles
  • 6,296
  • [2_11] 2_11
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostTolos, on Sep 16 2012 - 14:15, said:

Just would be nice if certain mods would do there job correctly and without bias, rather then seeing the name and ROing/warning without even looking at dates times and context. Sad when you get a warning for something that was posted 2 months ago and something that NO other mod seemed to mind.Tan, you need to give a rule book to each and every mod and tell them DO THIS, rather then letting them using there own judgement. And trust me, its not just me that thinks like this

Strange that We should be on the same side of an argument with Tolos, but ... We agree with this quote and the next ...

View PostTitanSmash, on Sep 26 2012 - 09:30, said:

... who decides what is offensive and sanctionable ... It seems sanctions handed out by individuals are so subjective, what one person sees as acceptable may well be totally inappropriate and upsetting to another. Who moderates the moderators?

We, too, have noticed uneven enforcement on the Forum, ranging from zero-zero-tolerance to non-punitive jovial chidings for similar commentary by different posters, sometimes in the same thread. A few posters have received warning points for simply agreeing with a particular poster without having written additional commentary or flame.

We are also aware that moderators are trained, and they do posses a set of universal guidances - those guidances are just not applied universally, likely due to the individual personalities involved, which allows the broad range of selective enforcement or "officer discretion". There is no easy answer here, excepting across-the-board enforcement of zero-tolerance, which would require more moderators on duty, and would stifle the Forums considerably.

The earlier reference to "zero-zero-tolerance" was not a typo; it was deliberately used as a homily for "overzealous".

CHR157IAN_ALPHA #37 Posted Sep 27 2012 - 09:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27551 battles
  • 953
  • [L-O-M] L-O-M
  • Member since:
    10-24-2011

View PostTitanSmash, on Sep 26 2012 - 09:30, said:

Just because I'm the curious type; who decides what is offensive and sanctionable, aside from out and out swearing, porn etc which should be acted upon immediately.. Is calling someone a liar, worth a sanction point, is asking if you were dropped or fell and landed on your head as a kid? It seems sanctions handed out by individuals are so subjective, what one person sees as acceptable may well be totally inappropriate and upsetting to another. Who moderates the moderators?

Just my 2 cents worth..
Nobody moderates the moderators.  Actually asking that queastion is against the EULA.  You will be told to submit a pointless support ticket, and if you ask who moderates the support group you will be told to submit a support ticket.  I'm surprised this thread isn't locked already for the amount of queastins and criticisms y'all have latex down here.

Batosi #38 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 15:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 29533 battles
  • 2,805
  • [SWLVS] SWLVS
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
I know I am late on this topic, but recently came back to the game.  I had one warning point for I know not what since it happend while I was taking a long break and the last one for something that made no sense.

So my question would be, is there an appeal system?   I am going to hit 45 next month and I have to say in my experience, how some these warnings, etc has been done is generally found as unacceptable behavior in RL.  So is there an appeal for these situations?

Apathy0 #39 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 23:02

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5119 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
My warning point was because my signature was in red. No joke.

Puddy70s #40 Posted Oct 21 2012 - 14:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8167 battles
  • 590
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011
I have 3 warning points ... how do I find out what there from?

NVM you just click it.

Edited by Puddy70s, Oct 21 2012 - 14:14.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users