Forum Warning Points / Sanction System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

cptndunsel #41 Posted Oct 31 2012 - 18:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5505 battles
I would love to see some consistency. Players get lit up on this board for things that are totally ignored on the EU board. EU board offers a much more wide open chance to actually discuss items which may be controversial. This board typically shuts those same threads down and hands out ROs.

Just looking for a consistent approach please.

Sone9 #42 Posted Nov 04 2012 - 04:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 5857 battles

View PostTanitha, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:34, said:

Forum Warning Points / Sanction System

Posted Image

Hello Players.

The next topic which could use a little clarification is the new "Forum Warning Points" system.

A bit over a week ago the forum updated and part of that update was a new forum warning system.
It was very difficult to explain to you the players exactly what everything meant, and what the changes meant, because the system was programmable and currently not programmed.

So first of all we had to program things in, develop the procedures, and then come to this stage where we are now ready to explain what the "Forum Warning Points" mean.

The Old System.

Based on the forum rules, every warning or sanction generated 1 warning level
Warning levels ranged from 0 -> 10 and were represented by a red bar to the moderation team under the players name.
This simply was used as a visual representation of the players previous warn/sanction history, and was not used for anything else.
When a players warning level was at 10, warnings and sanctions continued as normal without the level exceeding 10.

The New System.

Now the new warning/sanction system has a feature where players can see their previous warning history & number of warnings, this is on by default, but may be switched off.
Warnings and Sanctions can now be programmed in, for a moderator to select from the preprogrammed reasons and corresponding sanction times based on the severity of the offense.

All old warnings issued before the system was introduced show as the reason "Other"
Warnings and sanctions issued "currently" are also under the reason "Other".
Soon the warnings will be titled correctly based on the main offense that occurred.
Warning levels have no range and vary from 0 -> no limit.
Warning levels will soon increase by 0-> 3 for a rule violation, depending on the severity of the offense.

Escalating sanctions.

A players warning level is not directly related to sanctions placed.
Default (and now programmed) sanction durations exist.
Default forum sanctions usually range from a warning, 6 hours of "Read Only", 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, Permanent.
If a player repeats an offense within 7 days of the previous sanction expiring, the appropriate sanction is doubled.
Rule violations considered major will receive sanctions without any warnings previously being issued, Warnings with no sanctions are limited to minor offenses.
Repetitive and excessive rule violations are referred to management where after an investigation the decision may be made to start escalating sanctions instead of the default.
Sanctions for forum offenses may result in game bans being issued, or cross platform (multi game) sanctions, however such situations are rare and not desirable.

System Integration.

The new system will be rolled out in stages, starting with WOWP -> WOWS -> WOT
The first two to be mid/late this week, with WOT to follow asap after that, but currently no fixed ETA.

Player Difference.

Players shouldn't notice a great deal of difference between the systems except.
Now players can see their previous warnings and warning level (which may or may not be switched off shortly)
Moderators will be able to increase their work flow substantially which will reflect in less of a turn around time in handling forum reports, etc.

*Please note, that this post is only designed to cover "forum warning points" and does not fully cover forum moderation or in game moderation. These announcements will follow separately and shortly.

Regards
Tan.

Hi, I was wondering how I could get my message across that I'm recruiting for the Veteran's Challenge tier 4 without making duplicate/multiple threads. Am I allowed to post the same content once a day or would that still be against the forum rules?

Edit: How can I get my message across without violating the forum rules?

Edited by Sone9, Nov 04 2012 - 04:10.

Beowolff #43 Posted Nov 04 2012 - 04:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4147 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six, on Sep 26 2012 - 12:41, said:

Strange that We should be on the same side of an argument with Tolos, but ... We agree with this quote and the next ...

We, too, have noticed uneven enforcement on the Forum, ranging from zero-zero-tolerance to non-punitive jovial chidings for similar commentary by different posters, sometimes in the same thread. A few posters have received warning points for simply agreeing with a particular poster without having written additional commentary or flame.

We are also aware that moderators are trained, and they do posses a set of universal guidances - those guidances are just not applied universally, likely due to the individual personalities involved, which allows the broad range of selective enforcement or "officer discretion". There is no easy answer here, excepting across-the-board enforcement of zero-tolerance, which would require more moderators on duty, and would stifle the Forums considerably.

The earlier reference to "zero-zero-tolerance" was not a typo; it was deliberately used as a homily for "overzealous".

this is true, i've noticed it too.  in fact, like others, i've seen moderators in the forum i was posting in and they obviously thought my post okay...  then boom, two months later some OTHER moderator comes thru, spots it, decides to give me a warning ticket for it (usually non-constructive type.)  okay...what's the deal?  why is it okay for one or more moderators and then TWO MONTHS later NOT okay with another moderator?  and on top of that, it was (as mentioned by others) TWO MONTHS old...rather a LONG time to suddenly worry about a post so old that nobody even knows (or cares) about it anymore.  d'oh!

shouldn't there be some sort of time limit on such things?  shouldn't there be some kind of set rules to go by for ALL mods?

and as mentioned...  certain forum guys seem to be immune from trolling and or bad posting...ie, they'll never really get a warning, even if 'their' post is right above the post of a guy that 'did' get warned and is of the SAME EXACT type and tone of the one that the guy got warned over.  d'oh!

case in point was once i got warned for arguing...  but in the VERY post i got warned over i had a 'quote' of the guy i was arguing with...and his post was only like two posts ABOVE mine (where i got the warning) and easily visible.  and get this...  his comments were MUCH worse and ugly than mine ever dared to be.  obviously the mod that warned me had to have SEEN his...  BUT, since he is a bit favored around here, his much nastier post was ignored as mine was warned.

go figure.

uneven enforcement?  you bet.

i don't think any of us gripes too much if we get warned for something we know we did...but when we get it and the guy that many times started it all does NOT get it, well...  it chaps our rears.  and it should, cause THAT is not right no matter who owns the forum or not.

all we ask for is an even keel...the same for EVERYONE.

Vladamir_Inhaler #44 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 00:39

Captain

• Players
  • 53995 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC
Righty-o, I've just had my first warning - apparently for a duplicate post. For the life of me I cannot find a post which covers the specific issue I posted, so I am both disappointed and perplexed as to why this has happened. I would like to appeal, but there is no obvious way to do so. What is the best way to approach this?

Beowolff #45 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4147 battles

View PostVladamir_Inhaler, on Nov 15 2012 - 00:39, said:

Righty-o, I've just had my first warning - apparently for a duplicate post. For the life of me I cannot find a post which covers the specific issue I posted, so I am both disappointed and perplexed as to why this has happened. I would like to appeal, but there is no obvious way to do so. What is the best way to approach this?

yeah, had that happen too and couldn't find anything in the search that was even about what i posted about.  d'oh.

i wouldn't worry about it if i was you...  i know it smarts when you're going like WTF did i do even...  but yeah there's no appealing such things so just forget it and go on.

S!

Beo

SnowPanzer #46 Posted Dec 09 2012 - 11:25

Major

• Players
  • 44835 battles
It seems a bit confusing and some warnings show up and others just in an email sent to the player. I have had both and are they both showing up or not?

Lionheart1917 #47 Posted Dec 14 2012 - 05:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 3261 battles

View PostVladamir_Inhaler, on Nov 15 2012 - 00:39, said:

For whatever reason they SEEM to care more about the rules in the forums and not so much those ingame. If that was reversed, people would be much happier. They seem to care more about the developers and moderators being insulted than in teamkillers and trolls.

Edited by Lionheart1917, Dec 14 2012 - 05:32.

t42592 #48 Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:05

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21298 battles
Are warning points visible to the entire community or visible only to the user?

AMSRocker #49 Posted Jan 14 2013 - 12:13

Major

• Players
  • 39201 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View Postlaxrules56, on Aug 19 2012 - 17:47, said:

any idea if they would in the late future? i got warning`s on me and i don`t want them still on my record for the next 3-4 years from now, and get banned because of something i did 3-4 years before.
I got hit with a warnning and I don't think it even met the forum rules. I TRULY think that is was a mod who was sick of the arty posts and the arty players who were mad about the arty nerf and the arty haters. I think this mod was just tired of reading it so I got a warnning for it. I was not in violation of any of the forum rules. I just called WoT out on the carpet for their knee jerk reaction on the arty situation. I sent a message to the mod but he was not big enough to respond. That in its self is sad. Hit a person with a warning then run and hide.
I'd like that one to go away!

Edited by AMSRocker, Jan 14 2013 - 12:14.

Gohibniu #50 Posted Feb 25 2013 - 12:42

Major

• Players
  • 77897 battles
  • [T57] T57
They have yet show me exactly how I earned mine. It matters not.

Blackhorse_Six_ #51 Posted Feb 25 2013 - 13:25

Major

• Players
  • 48160 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View Postt42592, on Jan 09 2013 - 08:05, said:

Are warning points visible to the entire community or visible only to the user?

They are visable only to the User.

However, you can discern whether or not the poster has points by gauging the length of the margin between the avatar and the sig-line on one-line posts ...

(provided the User hasn't added blank lines)

As they accumulate, the User's points are displayed just under the Date of Membership.

Carbon Ward recently disclosed that he has 54 ...

Meh ... I guess I won't worry too much about the five I have ...

Lert #52 Posted Feb 25 2013 - 14:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44728 battles
I've got 30+ of the things. Meh.  :Smile_sceptic:

Gohibniu #53 Posted Apr 17 2013 - 11:16

Major

• Players
  • 77897 battles
  • [T57] T57
What can I buy with 6?

DrexMaverick #54 Posted Jun 14 2013 - 18:49

Major

• Players
  • 12817 battles
I just love Wargaming always gives me the warnings but never the person I defend myself against ...

Blackhorse_Seven_ #55 Posted Jun 14 2013 - 18:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 11843 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostLert, on Feb 25 2013 - 14:27, said:

I've got 30+ of the things. Meh.

Just hammed with a guy on SEA who has 250

brokensoldier #56 Posted Jun 14 2013 - 19:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 19958 battles
Quick question - how can someone get a warning for typing in a word that has over 1000 hits with a forum search?

AstrologicalPhenomena98 #57 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 12:57

Major

• Players
  • 4298 battles
  • [16ADX] 16ADX

View PostTanitha, on Aug 19 2012 - 22:29, said:

We luvs you all equally :wub:
. You don't love us you love our money.

diego999 #58 Posted Aug 06 2013 - 22:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35983 battles
  • [ACA-T] ACA-T
Can you hire a spanish speaking mod? I'm getting warnings from someone who obviously doesn't understand even half of what's being discussed...

General_Tiberius #59 Posted Aug 09 2013 - 05:52

Major

• Players
  • 8655 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
now i know why i have that pesky "1 warning" beside all my posts

Insurrectional_Leftist #60 Posted Aug 19 2013 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 46751 battles
Tanitha,

Was wondering if it was possible to still have the contact office point for the adminstrative/legal offices address or contact point if possible.

Thank You.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users