Team Killers! What to do?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Sir_Francis #1 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 8365 battles
I've noticed lately an increasing number of Team Killers. I had a game recently where the TK killed 3 of us before one of us took him out. He then bragged that his best was 5. We put in complaints and told him he would be banned. He laughed and said it was his alternate account.

Another episode today a TK took out a team mate then started shooting at me. So I took him out. He showed as -1 but did not go blue. I went to -1 and went blue. Other team members then started chewing me out for killing him......saying I should take the damage and just report him.

This is really frustrating.

What is the protocol? What is being done?

nickthetankdestroyer #2 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 4373 battles
  • [ETAW] ETAW
there is a automatic counter for tks

somewhere on the forum there is a game master post about it

Edited by nickthetankdestroyer, Aug 20 2012 - 12:46.

warrends #3 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:47

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15499 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
First, search the forums for the thousands of suggestions already posted.

Second, report them in-game. (right click on their name in the team list and then use the proper drop-down).

Third, allow the auto-in-game-reporting system to do its thing as well. The closer to your own base you are, the more of a "TKer" they will appear to be. Look for an explanation elsewhere.

Fourth, search the forums for the thousands of suggestions already posted.

Amos_Halftrack #4 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14559 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Search is your friend.

It is in News Section...just reviewed again this past weekend by those in the know....

http://forum.worldof...ll-auto-system/

tankmaverick99 #5 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:50

Captain

• Players
  • 15325 battles
  • [-H_R-] -H_R-
I think there may be a lock on platoons or something
if your conscience allows, block the guy from getting back into cover and let him die that way
my conscience doesn't let me do that

ChickenMcFuggits #6 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:53

Major

• Players
  • 20430 battles
Let him fire away. He ruins one match for you that way. Fire back, enough times that the banhammer comes your way, and he ruins the game for you. He's not worth it.

davewing #7 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 12:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31647 battles
  • [K-ON] K-ON
Never return fire cause you will gain TK points as well. we all have times when a team member runs in front of your gun when you fire, unfortunate but you gain points that way also. So best to us the ingame reporting system.

Sir_Francis #8 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 8365 battles
Ok the TK news section says it's no use reporting TKs in game anymore, even though the option is there. They don't look at it. It's all handled automatically now. So I'll take advice to keep to myself..... and hope these morons appear less frequently.... thanks guys

Rake #9 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:03

Major

• Players
  • 37319 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostSir_Francis, on Aug 20 2012 - 13:00, said:

Ok the TK news section says it's no use reporting TKs in game anymore, even though the option is there. They don't look at it. It's all handled automatically now. So I'll take advice to keep to myself..... and hope these morons appear less frequently.... thanks guys
YOU TURNED BLUE YOURSELF.  You appear to be one of the "morons."

Sir_Francis #10 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 8365 battles
Morons intentionally kill team mates for no reason........I was defending myself........ My post was to find out what I should do in these situations.  Your comments are simply provocative and unhelpful.... and unwanted

SourKraut13 #11 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:27

Major

• Players
  • 20008 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
Right Click on their name, and report them for unfair gameplay. Don't shoot back, just go to another section of the map and play there. If they turn blue, then you can kill them w/o penalty. We call TKer's Greifers, because that is what they are doing. They want you to fight back, so they get free $$ from the fine. These players don't know how to play their tanks, so this is the best that they can do.

5_Stars #12 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7471 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostSir_Francis, on Aug 20 2012 - 13:00, said:

Screw that. Call that person out any chance you get. Sooner or later the the mods and developers will get tired of seeing it and come up with some better way of handling them. Play as a team member first but defend yourself at all times.

ragedx #13 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 8867 battles
  • [RZA-E] RZA-E
Should of taken a screenshot of when they guys said that it was his "alt account"
You are not allowed to have two accounts per Wargaming TOS. I would try to report his name and let them know that he is using a alt account to harass players

*edit*
You can open a support ticket to report this

Edited by ragedx, Aug 20 2012 - 14:04.

5_Stars #14 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7471 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostSir_Francis, on Aug 20 2012 - 13:11, said:

Morons intentionally kill team mates for no reason........I was defending myself........ My post was to find out what I should do in these situations.  Your comments are simply provocative and unhelpful.... and unwanted
If this happens again just report the incident here on the forums using the service ticket and send them a replay of the battle. They should remove the "blue" for your tank.

Errants #15 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 13:53

Captain

• Players
  • 22948 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY

View PostSir_Francis, on Aug 20 2012 - 12:38, said:

I've noticed lately an increasing number of Team Killers. I had a game recently where the TK killed 3 of us before one of us took him out. He then bragged that his best was 5. We put in complaints and told him he would be banned. He laughed and said it was his alternate account.

Another episode today a TK took out a team mate then started shooting at me. So I took him out. He showed as -1 but did not go blue. I went to -1 and went blue. Other team members then started chewing me out for killing him......saying I should take the damage and just report him.

This is really frustrating.

What is the protocol? What is being done?

Francis, I think I was playing with you on that battle. I wasn't yelling at you, more advising that there's no point to killing a TK'er. This is the guy who declared he hated Pz38t's and then Marder's, killing the Pz38t, and then shooting at you?

I didn't know the team damage manual report is being ignored, so I guess you just need to best take your licks, and/or maybe report him for harassment/abuse instead.

It sucks, but shooting back at him, even for "defending" yourself, is just as wrong to the server for TK'ing offenses.

Best bet? Remember his name, and when you're fighting against him, let the other team know he's a TK'er. They may not help him when ya'll go to shoot him. I know I don't assist anyone I recognize as a TK'er...

PanzerKriegen39 #16 Posted Aug 20 2012 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19902 battles
  • [T-RAT] T-RAT
If they're blue you can kill them with no penalty. If they're not blue don't return fire.

bluedog16 #17 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 06:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 5484 battles
The beggars are getting smart. Had a platoon of two today who just kept ramming me. They didn't shoot, they rammed.
I was up against a building in the 'Province' scenario and they got behind me and pushed me out into the open. So I ran for another building and sidled up against it. One kept ramming me from the side while another rammed me from behind trying to push me out into the open.

I'll admit I lost my temper a little and shot the guy who was ramming me from the side. I then immediately apologised to the team, only to be refuted by his partner who was still ramming me from behind. So I went to another building only to have him follow and resume ramming me.

I was *very* tempted to shoot him as well, but I didn't want to be deemed a team killer.

These two were 'Thatoneasnguy' and 'AmishGamer'. Watch out for 'em.

btech #18 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 07:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9815 battles
before the "automated system" i killed a blue TKer and was still charged for damage to teammates. i just shrugged and hit battle again.

i have also taken a TK to save other tanks. one battle a TD was trying to kill our top tank and arty. i took the TK upon myself and turned blue. my team said thank you, and that they would help to remove that negative from my score. that they did too.

i know TK is wrong, but at times, the "automated system" needs tweaks and manual reporting should count more than it does with replay proof.

Steel_chaos #19 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 15:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 16735 battles
Here's what I don't understand.  I had a team-mate destroy my little tier 4 tank with one shot from his tier 8 tank.  He did it on purpose and accused me of "Stealing Kills" We had just left the base and maybe 30 seconds later an enemy ELC AMC was trying to run the gauntlet to get to our arty.
I never fired a shot, but someone else killed him.  Right after that I was shot and destroyed.  YET the tank that did this did not turm blue.  Explain that if the system is automated.  He clearly did enough damage, he showed -1 for kills, yet no blue.
I won't let it ruin my day but some tweaking is clearly needed.

Patonb #20 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 19794 battles
You only automatically go blue if youre in either caps.

Else you need to accumulate enough team damage kills to turn blue