Side skirts for the german tanks and Gun Performance

Over due

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Orinana #1 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:09

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
HI WOT

We have been told German tanks will get side skirts..Which year, century your millenium were you talking about..

We see all kinds of stuff in the game..cold war tanks, MBTS, Buffed beyond reason Russian tanks, idiotic french tanks which never even fought in WW2 or made it out of a drawing room into mock designs  and we even have Chinese tanks which are idiotically OP...

How much time do you need to figure out how to give German tanks their side skirts and nerf them at the same time? Is this why its taking so long for German tanks to get side skirts cause you have not figured out how to nerf them?

By the way..Why can the M4 Sherman a sorry excuse for a tank during WW2 that could be penned by the Panther 1 at 2000m using the 75mm/L70 (best tank gun of WW2) like butter can bounce off its frontal armor the super high performance 75mm/L100?

Why can the M4 Sherman bounce off its frontal armor the 88mm/L56 when in WW2 the 88mm/L56 penned the frontal armor with ease at 2000m?

I think what the developers need to do is show us how the armor on all tanks is distributed..I think that would be really interesting to see

littleblufish #2 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
*reads chinese tanks are op and drinks*

Backfat #3 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:16

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think the problem here may be pilot error.  I certainly dont have any trouble penning shermans.  The do have sloped armor in the front, taking a lesson from the russian t-34, so it will occaisionally bounce a shot from an odd angle.  While this game is somewhat historically accurate, the bottom line is it has to be fair and playable.

Edited by Backfat, Aug 23 2012 - 06:16.

Yalkara #4 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
So you're saying an M4 never bounced a round from an 8.8cm or a 7.5cm throughout the entire war? Really now?
Shit happens, in this game you can encounter some incredibly weird angles which allow tiny tanks that should be penned to bounce the round, just like in real life.

Also, Type 59 isn't OP, no one said this was a WW2 game, and the American tanks are dominating all of the other tanks so I don't know how you think the Russians are buffed beyond reason.
I like how you have exactly 5 battles played in the T1 and 5 battles in the MS-1 and no other tank that isn't a German tank, yet you are somehow qualified (without ever driving them mind you) to make wild accusations about every tank that you don't like.

You need to learn how to aim, and stop shooting the Americans mantlets.

Jagdzeit #5 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:18

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
i, am a noob. i rarely post on the forums, but even i know the answers to these things. A) BALANCE. it would be incredibly unfair if, at 15 times a minuite, an enemy tank got penned across map. B) the devs are going through a world of shit trying to put in the british tree, then british tds, then british arties. C) there would be about 30 tanks total if WG only used tanks ACTUALLY used in battle, rather than protos and desighnes D) theres a reason that the panther and tiger are 2 tiers above the m4 and the t34, and with good angling, you can bounce almost anything.

yohuan #6 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Lol Game Devs are mostly Russian so makes sense of German tanks sucked.

Markovnikov #7 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Tanks are how they are for balancing purposes. I've personally never had any issue penning the front armor of the M4 with the short 88, but I guess one can always find ways to pull off impossible bounces. Also, any tank is OP if it has an excellent driver and any tank is UP if the driver is inexperienced.

...Except for the perpetually UP S-40...

Vardoxx #8 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I agree with the original poster.  Let's get this stuff real, make german tanks run out of fuel about half way through the battle and break down if they try to go top speed offroad, that way the M4's can just spot the tank dead in the water and just circumvent it.

8MoHawK8 #9 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostOrinana, on Aug 23 2012 - 06:09, said:

HI WOT

We have been told German tanks will get side skirts..Which year, century your millenium were you talking about..

We see all kinds of stuff in the game..cold war tanks, MBTS, Buffed beyond reason Russian tanks, idiotic french tanks which never even fought in WW2 or made it out of a drawing room into mock designs  and we even have Chinese tanks which are idiotically OP...

How much time do you need to figure out how to give German tanks their side skirts and nerf them at the same time? Is this why its taking so long for German tanks to get side skirts cause you have not figured out how to nerf them?

By the way..Why can the M4 Sherman a sorry excuse for a tank during WW2 that could be penned by the Panther 1 at 2000m using the 75mm/L70 (best tank gun of WW2) like butter can bounce off its frontal armor the super high performance 75mm/L100?

Why can the M4 Sherman bounce off its frontal armor the 88mm/L56 when in WW2 the 88mm/L56 penned the frontal armor with ease at 2000m?

I think what the developers need to do is show us how the armor on all tanks is distributed..I think that would be really interesting to see

Ok well first off this game isn't only WW2 tanks its tanks from WW2 to the 80s and second its not about armor thickness its how u angle it and  knowing were to shoot i hope this will help u understand and so people like u stop getting this game Nerfed because u complain without actually knowing that it is working rite

dork11 #10 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Lol "the french never faught in ww2" thy faught from may10 to june20 I think, in 1940 and thy technical had the best army "on paper" thts y the devs added the french cause ppl dont acknowledge their existence in ww2. So ur the reson y there r french tanks.

AdMiRaL_HaMeD #11 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I agree with poster,tanks not balance in WOT ,Particularly German tanks. i dont know how tier4.5 tanks can pen tiger front armor easy.and really m6 can kill tiger 1V1.88mm on tiger and 75mm on panther was best guns in WW2 :Smile-angry:

Orinana #12 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:38

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBackfat, on Aug 23 2012 - 06:16, said:

I think the problem here may be pilot error.  I certainly dont have any trouble penning shermans.  The do have sloped armor in the front, taking a lesson from the russian t-34, so it will occaisionally bounce a shot from an odd angle.  While this game is somewhat historically accurate, the bottom line is it has to be fair and playable.

I agree that all tanks can bounce armor but theres a borderline between fantasy and the 3rd dimension type of fantasy..that being said German tank  guns are bouncier then most

Sure Shermans bounced shots from Tiger 1s and Panthers..after it went through the Sherman in front of them

Edited by Orinana, Aug 23 2012 - 06:38.

oweg #13 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
when does a Sherman bounce for gods sake in the Sherman the best thing i bounced was a shot from an m3lee from over 400 meters and it hit the turret

Look_its_Rain #14 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:39

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think everyone agrees that with the latest add ons the german tanks have been outclassed to an extent. The top tier german guns need a pen AND accuracy boost.

PanzerHyeena #15 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostLook_its_Rain, on Aug 23 2012 - 06:39, said:

I think everyone agrees that with the latest add ons the german tanks have been outclassed to an extent. The top tier german guns need a pen AND accuracy boost.

Yeah after T8 their heavies become somewhat outclassed and their T10's need some work, but their mediums are excellent up through T9 from my personal experience and the E-50M looks excellent. Haven't tried it myself yet though. And if you think the T9 and T10 German medium guns need accuracy and pen boosts I'm going to call you insane right here and now.

F1zzzy90908 #16 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have said it before and I'll say it again. This not a simulator where everything is realistic to the tiniest detail, it's an arcade game. Shermans bounce shots from 400m because non of the maps have a diameter of 2000m, so the bounce rate has to be increased to make up for the lack of map size.

Orinana #17 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:54

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postdork11, on Aug 23 2012 - 06:37, said:

Lol "the french never faught in ww2" thy faught from may10 to june20 I think, in 1940 and thy technical had the best army "on paper" thts y the devs added the french cause ppl dont acknowledge their existence in ww2. So ur the reson y there r french tanks.

French tanks in WOT did not fight in WW2...and most French tanks like the Arl44 were scrapped by the French cause they realized it sucked..The AMX took design components after the Panther 1...

I dont have a problem with having semi cold war tanks in the game its fine..but it seems all other nations get priority and German tanks get pretty much little or no consideration other then how to nerf them some more.

We were told we would have side skirts and to date only the Panther 2 has its side skirts. The PZ4 gonna get a new turret (ie nerf) and take away the 75mm/L70 gun (nerf) and a minor buff to the 75mm/L48..thats the only attention German tanks get..

We are gonna get Japanese tanks, UK tanks its all fine..But balance things out a bit and at least give the German tanks their side skirts

Edited by Orinana, Aug 23 2012 - 06:55.

madgiecool #18 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:54

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I see several topics here:
1.  Are Ru tanks buffed.  If so can we please have the chance of being ammo racked reduced?  Also needs the big guns back and better aim time and accuracy.  Glad to see you base your Ru Bias on the 5 games you had in a MS-1
2.  OP Types?  er.... Ammo rack again and no speed uphill.
3.  German tanks.  I'm more concerned about the engine in the front.  This changed killed the Panther IMHO.

Seems to me every tech tree has a fatal flaw.  Maybe try some diversity before complaining about other nations.  Otherwise grats on the 15K+ battles as Germany.

grimre #19 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Real Life:  Panther!!! Run for your lives!!!

WOT:  Panther!!! Om Nom Nom Nom.

Orinana #20 Posted Aug 23 2012 - 06:57

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostKazukiFerret, on Aug 23 2012 - 06:44, said:

Yeah after T8 their heavies become somewhat outclassed and their T10's need some work, but their mediums are excellent up through T9 from my personal experience and the E-50M looks excellent. Haven't tried it myself yet though. And if you think the T9 and T10 German medium guns need accuracy and pen boosts I'm going to call you insane right here and now.

I think German tanks still have the most very accurate guns in the game but it seems WOT wants the the other nations to have better accuracy hence the recent accuracy buffs to other tanks and that may or may not take away whatever remaining advantages the German tanks had but the gap has closed quite a bit