Super Pershing OP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

TheDevil74 #81 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 20:58

Captain

• Players
  • 14896 battles
There are lots of times the rec will be green and not pen. It only takes armor thickness into account not angle. With the SP it is green because you can pen the 1st layer of armor. Sorry the indicator is not idiot proof.

Gryphon_ #82 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 21:11

Captain

• Players
  • 20684 battles
  • [COD] COD
I did mention the holes in armor, so angle isnt a factor here.

Sorry you felt the need to insult me

Edited by Gryphon_, Sep 16 2012 - 21:12.

Tishler #83 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 7184 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostGryphon_, on Sep 16 2012 - 20:35, said:

I just put 5 solid hits into the frontal armor of an SP at short range and got zero dmg for it. Ok, ok, now I have read the thread and understand that I have to 'know where to shoot' - I get it. But hang on a minute - for any other tank, if I put my target reticule on it and it turns 'green' on that spot, then I expect to pen and do damage if I hit that spot. I see no reason why the SP should be any different even if its a premium.

Other tanks, green reticule = pen = damage. SP, not.

If I cant pen the SP at any given spot, then the reticule shouldnt be green.Game should work the same way for all tanks. This is a bug with the SP and I've submitted a ticket.
It's not specific to the Super Pershing, though. You'll get the same effect with any sort of spaced armor on any tank - the SP is just the best example of it.

flipwannabe #84 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 00:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4465 battles
..what about the type59...they nerfed us..after all that great stats they fcking nerfed us..we rarely bounce nowadays...and we rarely penetrate unless we flank or hit cupolas  >.<..it's sometimes hard to flank because of they slowed us down..takes you 30secs to get to 50km/h on flat ground..I doubt i'll buy super pershings...i feel like WG will nerf it sooner or later.. you spend money on something then..they will nerf the hell out of it..then here comes a new great premium tank..you buy one..then they nerf it again..then goes another premium tank release...and so on..

my verdict... super pershings are OP for medium tanks...it's better than the m26..sometimes better than e-50,patton,or t54s..but it's OP for now..wait til WG nerf it and release a new premium tank..though mid penetration gun..the armor makes it OP..

http://wotguru.blogs...erpershing.html

JSSuper #85 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 04:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6547 battles
The way I see it,   Its a tier 8  prem that is usefull for training crews, xp and credit farming.. (Like others) but nothing more.

I might buy one, just because I am going down the US med and well underway on the grind for the M26.  I wouldn't mind having it for training and such.

By the way,  How fast is this thing?  I am used to a Matilda (24K)  so if its faster than that... goody

TheDevil74 #86 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 05:51

Captain

• Players
  • 14896 battles

View PostGryphon_, on Sep 16 2012 - 21:11, said:

I did mention the holes in armor, so angle isnt a factor here.

Sorry you felt the need to insult me

Content removed
Insults
Warning
~krazyone

SndTgr #87 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 23:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 24845 battles
  • [ICM] ICM
I still don't get it, I shoot a super Pershing at 50 meters with a 122 mm UBR-471 round (169-281 pen shot) and nothing so I switch to gold a UBR-471P rounds (199-331 Pen shot) 5 rounds later still nothing, Yet when I tank a super pershing I get tore up frountal with no problems.....something is not right I have seen this several times in a super pershing getting no damage and wish I could do that.   The only shot I can hit is it's top tubes.

From what I hear the Super Pershing's armor amounts to a 220 mm, but if a round is deflecting within the armor layers it's going to sloth off armor quickly and not heal itself like the game does.

KnightFandragon #88 Posted Sep 18 2012 - 00:45

Major

• Players
  • 4603 battles
Super Pershing is NOT OP.

Its pretty good overall, and alot of players dont play it nor fight it well, but its not OP.  Its got piss poor speed and not very manuverable......the gun is aight and overall, I quite enjoyed my 9 games on the Test in the SP.

Concept6 #89 Posted Sep 18 2012 - 10:26

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12272 battles
  • [T3_LV] T3_LV
As others have said its not OP once you know how to fight them.  Like several here, I too was screaming bloody murder on how OP they are.  Now that I know how to get at them, they are nothing special.  If anything, they are extremely slow and easy targets once in the open or if they are by themselves.

mackman113 #90 Posted Sep 18 2012 - 10:44

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11066 battles

View PostAntosha_, on Aug 24 2012 - 13:25, said:

Then you found 4 bad players, from close range the weak spots are easy to hit.
true

View PostWhee, on Aug 24 2012 - 07:01, said:

Not OP at all. It's slow, lacks good gun, can't even brawl in close range. The only great defining feature the SP has is the incredible frontal spaced armor.
as a SP owner I agree with this statement

View Postlegoo22, on Aug 24 2012 - 07:45, said:

If 4 tanks failed to kill one tank the problem isnt the tank.......
^
the super persing is like every other american tank YOU CANNOT GO RAMBO WITH IT AND EXECPT TO SURIVE.
and it's slow as hell you get flanked in an SP your good as dead

9braker #91 Posted Sep 20 2012 - 06:32

Captain

• Players
  • 18011 battles
  • [SKNT] SKNT
Its as simple as bad driver vs good driver, i have done the same in almost all the tanks i habitually drive just have to know how to hide your weaknesses and expose your  enemys, against a bunch of prospects its not too hard to do if you are in the right situation.

Jensen_Blayloc #92 Posted Sep 20 2012 - 16:33

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9164 battles
  • [GANG] GANG
The thing is a Piece Of Sheete.  Bought one, hated it, sold it. Not worth the garage spot.

MachFive #93 Posted Sep 20 2012 - 20:23

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4933 battles
some very good points made in the thread...and (inevitably) some trolling.
it's taken me a while to get the hang of driving this tank. as JSSUPER said 8 posts above, it's useful for crew training and credit farming. it can also be quite fun if played properly and you have a team where it is not forced into a role as a front-line tank. many have suggested to play it more like a german heavy tank (in a more supportive role). with a good crew in it, it makes a very good quasi-sniper tank because keeping it at longer range form those who have figured out where to hit it is critical. even so, that spaced armour makes it very survivable in close quarters from those who insist on aiming at the glacis plates. although painfully slow, it does get up to speed fast, and rotates well. 105 gas does indeed help. my win% grew from an early 32% to about 46% now (85 matches), and presently i win much more often than not in it. like all premium tanks, it has very average stats when compared to similarly tiered counterparts that can only be earned through play (e.g. an elited Panther II eats a SP like biscuits for tea)...

Edited by MachFive, Sep 20 2012 - 20:28.

Concept6 #94 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 20:17

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12272 battles
  • [T3_LV] T3_LV
Not worth the money or the aggravation.  If you wanted it strictly for crew training and credit farming there are better tanks unless you are strictly looking for American Mediums.  With 8.0 coming out, they've been rendered pretty much useless.  The Super Pershing is a sitting duck as it is with a gun that loads too slow and doesn't penetrate enough at its tier.  When u move closer, other tanks (even Tigers) will out manuever it and blow it to hell.  Compared to a T59 its no comparison at all.  The 90mm Super Pershing can not reliably penetrate a T59s from the front while the T59s gun will shoot right through the SP's turret.  Then of course the T59 can also go around the SP and take it apart that way as well.  In other words, the SP players should be asking for refunds because now that people have learned how to play against it, its a sitting duck.

Concept6 #95 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 20:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12272 battles
  • [T3_LV] T3_LV

View Post9braker, on Sep 20 2012 - 06:32, said:

Its as simple as bad driver vs good driver, i have done the same in almost all the tanks i habitually drive just have to know how to hide your weaknesses and expose your  enemys, against a bunch of prospects its not too hard to do if you are in the right situation.

I wish it was that easy.  I have over 200 battles in it now.  Right up until the past 2 weeks, its been a decent enough tank.  I averaged 581xp and a 57% win rate (no premium account).  In the past two weeks I've dropped down to barely over 500xp with a 51% win rate.  People know how to defeat the SP now, and its weaknesses are exploited to the extreme by those who have come across them before.  It is not the armored brute of a medium it once was.  Arty hammers the hell out of them immediately if they can, and with it being so slow theyre dead ducks.

KarateF22 #96 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 22:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12011 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostConcept6, on Sep 24 2012 - 20:21, said:

I wish it was that easy.  I have over 200 battles in it now.  Right up until the past 2 weeks, its been a decent enough tank.  I averaged 581xp and a 57% win rate (no premium account).  In the past two weeks I've dropped down to barely over 500xp with a 51% win rate.  People know how to defeat the SP now, and its weaknesses are exploited to the extreme by those who have come across them before.  It is not the armored brute of a medium it once was.  Arty hammers the hell out of them immediately if they can, and with it being so slow theyre dead ducks.
I rarely have issues with artllery unless its the S-51 or they hit something other than my front, in which case I failed. If you put a spall liner on the SP it can tank artillery fairly well. I even get the occasional 0 damage shot from lower damage artillery.

unlawfulsoup #97 Posted Sep 25 2012 - 08:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16033 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postflipwannabe, on Sep 17 2012 - 00:58, said:

my verdict... super pershings are OP for medium tanks...it's better than the m26..sometimes better than e-50,patton,or t54s..but it's OP for now..wait til WG nerf it and release a new premium tank..though mid penetration gun..the armor makes it OP..

I am seriously wondering what universe people live in where the Super Pershing is overpowered, let alone a good tank. I have driven one and have fought against them, and it is better to be facing off against one than driving in it. The armor is inconsistent at best, and anyone with a brain or high pen gun will find a way through frontally. The tank is plodding, only able to reach any reasonable speed downhill. The gun has anemic penetration meaning you will rarely have the opportunity to utilize its solid DPM. My Type on the other hand is hilariously better; considering the turret will bounce a ludicrous amount of shots and it has the mobility to make use of its pea shooter, something no other tier 8 premium can really brag. I consider myself a decent player, but I have to work really hard to get results out of the SP.

The Super Pershing is only a terror if you are in a tier 6 tank or you cannot aim. It is too slow to really take advantage of its gun, and like the KV-5 there are enough holes in its frontal armor for decent players to exploit. If they had given it a little more pen or HP it would be a pretty mean machine. To say it is better than the M26 or the tier 9s you list is simply lunacy. I mean how terrible a player are you when a tank with a 170 pen gun is threatening your E-50 or T-54? Especially since all the upgraded tier 9 medium guns can shred the SP with relative ease. The M26 is also superior since it does not move like it took a shot to the engine at the beginning of the round.

Edited by unlawfulsoup, Sep 25 2012 - 09:01.

CZAirwolfOC #98 Posted Sep 25 2012 - 14:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18110 battles
  • [NA2EU] NA2EU
type bounce less shells than sp. because sp is hardly penetrable even on lfp and his holes in armor from front arent easy from range to hit, not everyone can snipe.

unlawfulsoup #99 Posted Sep 25 2012 - 16:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16033 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCZAirwolfOC, on Sep 25 2012 - 14:29, said:

type bounce less shells than sp. because sp is hardly penetrable even on lfp and his holes in armor from front arent easy from range to hit, not everyone can snipe.

I said turret. Most of the time if I am taking hits I am forcing people into shooting it, ie: when I am circling people or when I go hull down.

ledhed14 #100 Posted Sep 25 2012 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 12210 battles
  • [GH0ST] GH0ST
Its funny reading general forum and seeing all the SP is a POS threads and worse tier eight premium and junk.
Then just cange page and see a thread arguing its OP.
It is neither.
For its price its a bargain Premium tier eight and can be effective if driven well.
But with all due respect it has cheese frontal wealpoints to pen.
And its side and rear armour are penetration by light tanks gun bad.
And consider its mobility issues thats not a good thing.
Its best used like a pershing in support of heavy tanks.
Because the turret has its weakspot hit box you can't hull down as well and need to keep turret moving to avoid guys sniping your hit boxes.
Of course since it IS a tier eight some tier sevens and many tier six tanks have some trouble with it.
But get caught without support by easyeight or French or T34-85. And the VKmedium family ..your a stat.
With support on your flanks you can gobble these up along with some bad heavy tank drivers.
It can be tough on guys who do not use the wiki and look up the hit boxes because spaced armour almost always shows green.
You do pen the first plate just bounce off the plate behind it.
  Just like guys learned how to torch Type59 's they will learn super pershings.
Until they do enjoy the tank,  its a steel wall waiting to happen if you get decent MM.