In-Game "freeze" and disconnect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Flypaste #1 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 02:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 1479 battles
  • [OSONS] OSONS
Okay, since i've played WoT, ive been ocasionly getting these weird freezes in-battle, it consists of everything stops communicating, but if i push (wasd) my tank lurches in the direction, but doesnt move, and i can only rotate my turret, and when i fire i get the animation but i dont fire. If i leave it in this state for ~5 minutes i get disconnected. i couldnt find any posts ETC about it, and im hesitant to put any more money on the game if i am going to keep getting this. The only way to resolve it is a hard reset, and by that time 90% of the battles it happens in i'm dead. I'm also worried about idiots reporting me for going AFK in the middle of a game.

Edited by Flypaste, Aug 26 2012 - 02:57.

nui_vu #2 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 02:57

Captain

• Players
  • 12418 battles
what`s your ping before this all happens, before you freeze?

swingshift #3 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 02:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16286 battles
It sounds similar to a problem I had back when I started which boiled down to my graphics card on my old PC being pretty useless for the demands of the game.  Upgrading solved the problem.  If you are running a fairly modern PC, then I don't have any suggestions as to the cause of the issue, sorry.

HlGHLANDER #4 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 11:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 11777 battles
I think I'm having the same issue as you.  Randomly the game seems to "lag out" like you describe (tanks stop moving etc, but not DC'd), despite not experiencing any lag issues prior.  Alt-F4 and relogging is the only fix - attempting to exit the battle won't even work.

Interestingly I was platooned and LAN'd up with a mate on my same internet connection, and my PC had the issue while his remained fine.  I never had the issue at all prior to coming back to the game after the 7.5 patch (played from release to 7.2 without issue).  No hardware changes at all.

OP, what mods are you running if any?  I thought I'd try running vanilla to see if that helps.

Edited by HlGHLANDER, Aug 26 2012 - 11:53.

DrSpeck #5 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 14:47

Private

• Players
  • 6499 battles
Hi all. I've had the same today, mulltiple freezes and then disconnection from the server... never had so many server disconnections before in one day. I'm also a paying member and also lost a couple of games because of this. Just like Flypaste points out, if this persists there is no point in playing this game anymore and putting more money into it :Smile_sad:  Anyone know whats going on? Regards from Holland.

View PostHlGHLANDER, on Aug 26 2012 - 11:52, said:

I think I'm having the same issue as you.  Randomly the game seems to "lag out" like you describe (tanks stop moving etc, but not DC'd), despite not experiencing any lag issues prior.  Alt-F4 and relogging is the only fix - attempting to exit the battle won't even work.

Interestingly I was platooned and LAN'd up with a mate on my same internet connection, and my PC had the issue while his remained fine.  I never had the issue at all prior to coming back to the game after the 7.5 patch (played from release to 7.2 without issue).  No hardware changes at all.

OP, what mods are you running if any?  I thought I'd try running vanilla to see if that helps.

Flypaste #6 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 15:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 1479 battles
  • [OSONS] OSONS
My computer is about 6-12 months old, so i would expect it to be sufficent, although i have had problems with my graphics card not being good enough before, such as p0rtal 2. *experiment* does anyone who experiences this want to platoon with me? see if we both disconect, who disconects ETC. i have from 4 downward, if you want to know. (by 4 i mean a valentine and an M5)

DrSpeck #7 Posted Aug 26 2012 - 17:09

Private

• Players
  • 6499 battles
Flypaste, i just played a dozen games without problems after upgrading the drivers on my video card (the old ones were from 2010 :Smile_amazed: ).... that might do the trick...

View PostFlypaste, on Aug 26 2012 - 15:54, said:

My computer is about 6-12 months old, so i would expect it to be sufficent, although i have had problems with my graphics card not being good enough before, such as p0rtal 2. *experiment* does anyone who experiences this want to platoon with me? see if we both disconect, who disconects ETC. i have from 4 downward, if you want to know. (by 4 i mean a valentine and an M5)

Flypaste #8 Posted Aug 27 2012 - 17:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 1479 battles
  • [OSONS] OSONS
ty, im getting a new comp in a few months, i will see if its better by then. but its a different problem now, i dont load into the battle untill its half over! half of the time, half the team is dead, and im just sitting there at base, and its like i wake up from a sleep, and im thinking "lolwut?". this is even worse, since if an enemy gets to our base, they destroy me before i even load! one time i didnt load untill we all lost, im working on conjuring screenshots of it. say, can you take screenshots of a replay?

DrSpeck #9 Posted Aug 27 2012 - 18:39

Private

• Players
  • 6499 battles
Hi Flypaste,

Try killing as many programs and running threads as possible on your comp.... i've had loading problems many times before although it's stable now. I've got vista home with 2 gigs, not so much to go on and performance is already bad with vista. Before i go play i kill every program i can - IE, skype, msn, music and video etc... i also always keep windows taskmanager at hand - i've got 2 screens - to see what programs/threads are still running/causing problems...

View PostFlypaste, on Aug 27 2012 - 17:55, said:

ty, im getting a new comp in a few months, i will see if its better by then. but its a different problem now, i dont load into the battle untill its half over! half of the time, half the team is dead, and im just sitting there at base, and its like i wake up from a sleep, and im thinking "lolwut?". this is even worse, since if an enemy gets to our base, they destroy me before i even load! one time i didnt load untill we all lost, im working on conjuring screenshots of it. say, can you take screenshots of a replay?

Flypaste #10 Posted Aug 28 2012 - 02:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 1479 battles
  • [OSONS] OSONS
@the guy above me
i already do that, although i cant seem to figure out how to kill skype :P

swingshift #11 Posted Sep 07 2012 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16286 battles
Does anyone have any additional info on this problem?  Since first reading this thread, I've experienced the problem the OP highlighted on a number of occasions, but today have had it happen 3 times in a few hours.  I've recently reinstalled the game, have tried playing without xvm, without game booster etc, but regardless of what combo I try, it still happens occasionally.  Hopefully today is not a sign that it is getting worse.  Any suggestions on getting rid of this problem would be much appreciated.

Edit: The problem I am having is actually a little different to the OP.  My game just crashes, often on the load in screen, but a couple of times during the game.  When I restart WoT, the battle screen appears but I can't get back into the game.  I have to sit there and watch as the battle screen updates as players are killed & I can hear firing etc if it is occuring close to my in game location, but I can't get back into the battle, or back to my garage until the game finishes.

Edited by swingshift, Sep 07 2012 - 05:47.

luigi95 #12 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 17:46

Private

• Players
  • 1997 battles
  • [TRK] TRK

View Postlaxrules56, on Aug 26 2012 - 02:57, said:

what`s your ping before this all happens, before you freeze?

Same thing happens to me constantly and my ping is 999 and fps 1-5.

Sakamoto_Mio #13 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 18:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View Postswingshift, on Sep 07 2012 - 05:34, said:

Does anyone have any additional info on this problem?  Since first reading this thread, I've experienced the problem the OP highlighted on a number of occasions, but today have had it happen 3 times in a few hours.  I've recently reinstalled the game, have tried playing without xvm, without game booster etc, but regardless of what combo I try, it still happens occasionally.  Hopefully today is not a sign that it is getting worse.  Any suggestions on getting rid of this problem would be much appreciated.

Edit: The problem I am having is actually a little different to the OP.  My game just crashes, often on the load in screen, but a couple of times during the game.  When I restart WoT, the battle screen appears but I can't get back into the game.  I have to sit there and watch as the battle screen updates as players are killed & I can hear firing etc if it is occuring close to my in game location, but I can't get back into the battle, or back to my garage until the game finishes.

=====

Same thing here....

Its been happening very often and I just got booted about 3 times before making this post.

At times when I am trying to get back into the game, it auto-boots me, and the game ends.

I should note, that I am up-to-date on ALL aspects, have a new gaming rig, internet is sound and fast, and my PING is within the 100 range....

So what's the deal? - why the constant booting and DCing?

Edited by Sakamoto_Mio, Nov 15 2012 - 18:48.

Sakamoto_Mio #14 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 18:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View PostDrSpeck, on Aug 26 2012 - 14:47, said:

Hi all. I've had the same today, mulltiple freezes and then disconnection from the server... never had so many server disconnections before in one day. I'm also a paying member and also lost a couple of games because of this. Just like Flypaste points out, if this persists there is no point in playing this game anymore and putting more money into it :Smile_sad:  Anyone know whats going on? Regards from Holland.

======

I agree...

If we're paying members, we need to have more stability while playing....

I just dropped some cash for 3 day Prem and this is now happening? - it looks rather suspicious, though I am not saying that is the cause.

Its rather strange that when one pays, the problems start? ~ yea ~ take that as you want, but its seems like an easy puzzle to put together... (maybe)

Pushaway #15 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 08:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 18459 battles
  • [FISH-] FISH-
same problem... hangs in games frozen in place then white screen and saying none responsive.. then after a minute or so it comes back and then says Connection Interrupted. WTH? this is really starting to worry me. they have made millions while we suffer. fail.

AcePig #16 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 08:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 59469 battles
Same here. And I noticed that the situations were always significant worse during the weekends and/or special events (like 5x exp).

Wargaming must have their server upgraded. The server is obviously overburdened when there are more players. However, the players will have to give up this game soon if they can no longer enjoy the game due to the freaking lag experience.

Sakamoto_Mio #17 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View PostAcePig, on Nov 17 2012 - 08:05, said:

Same here. And I noticed that the situations were always significant worse during the weekends and/or special events (like 5x exp).

Wargaming must have their server upgraded. The server is obviously overburdened when there are more players. However, the players will have to give up this game soon if they can no longer enjoy the game due to the freaking lag experience.

======

Sir ~

I agree...

Not (even) 10 minutes of game play and I was suffering with lag, and constant DCing, game crashing and rebooting...

Its becoming - NOT WORTH THE EFFORT - in keeping to try playing - (however) - its becoming easy to NOT PAY any-more ... .  

The bad part about all this... is that there is - 'no refund' - for any monies spent, so there goes my Prem, that I didn't get to use properly, due to these issues.

(EDIT):

Going to try this suggestion and see what happens...

============

Random client crashing with no error given

There may be an issue where code being sent to your system RAM is mistakenly picked up by Microsoft Data Execution Prevention.

We would like you to please turn off DEP for World Of Tanks, as there may be a bad write to memory causing these crashes.

In order to add World Of Tanks to the Windows DEP exception list, please follow these steps:

NOTE: This is only possible if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7

1. -Please press your start menu button.
2. -Right click on "Computer" and choose "Properties".
3. -Next, click "Advanced system settings" on the left
4. -Under the performance section, please click on "Settings"
5. -In the following window click the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. -Please select the radial button labeled "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
7. -Now click the "Add..." button near the bottom, browse to the World Of Tanks game directory. (DEFAULT is: C:\Games\World_Of_Tanks\)
8. -Please select WorldOfTanks.exe and click the "Open" button.
9. -Click "Apply" and restart your computer.

============

Will see if these changes will make a difference, I'll post back later...

Edited by Sakamoto_Mio, Nov 17 2012 - 18:45.

AcePig #18 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 19:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 59469 battles
My client does not crash. It simply frequently and randomly freezes during a battle and then gets disconnected after a while. And usually I won't be able to re-login immediately. I have to wait least 3-5 minutes before I can re-login.

Everyone can imagine the pain - when you aimed a innocent target and were ready to fire and then got disconnected... or when you were running across an open field, praying no arty was aiming you, and then got disconnected...

PuddleSplasher #19 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 38908 battles
I was suffering from it all day yesterday.

AcePig #20 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 19:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 59469 battles

View PostSakamoto_Mio, on Nov 15 2012 - 18:52, said:

======

I agree...

If we're paying members, we need to have more stability while playing....

I just dropped some cash for 3 day Prem and this is now happening? - it looks rather suspicious, though I am not saying that is the cause.

Its rather strange that when one pays, the problems start? ~ yea ~ take that as you want, but its seems like an easy puzzle to put together... (maybe)
It has nothing to do with whether you pay or not. It is just becoz you buy prem. during the weekend, when a lot more people are playing and their Z80 based server cannot support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users