Vk4502(P) Ausf B Vs Is-4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
303 replies to this topic

Neurotox #301 Posted Apr 05 2011 - 11:43

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
VK is a formidable tank, and in most situations better than an IS-4.

Frontal shots it will kill an IS-4 while still remaining with half armor at least. It takes 3 shots from a VK to kill an IS-4 and probably 5 to kill an IS-7 including one bounce.

Speed is not MUCH worse than that of an IS-4. The true disadvantage is it's size. It will be seen and will be a primary target for everyone. But it's armor make up for that, and if you go out in the open you will die in any tank. So just play better use the terrain and the houses. Just the fact that you do have armor wont save you if you play stupid.

All those come from a guy that played the VK trough the mouse and the IS-4 to allmost IS-7. So far i'm much more confortable with the german heavy line. IS-4 while not compleetly sucking is by far trickyer to play and feel soft when driven. After i got in one i no longer fear other IS-4 or IS-7 because i just know where to hit it.

Comming back to VK , it's a preferate target for arty also. I would say that that's the main single disadvantage. Other than that it can take on any other tank in the game. In my VK i only fear 2 things ( aside from any arty ) those are Object704, and T-30.

Object is plain mean and OP. Under ideal conditions it dies in 3 shots, but to get those 3 shots means you have to face it from somewhere close wich in turn means you will be dead by then. Also Object704 will penetrate VK 8 times out of 10.

T-30 has similar isues versus  VK, as in it's soft under the turret but hit's like a mofo. T-30 will kill a VK in 3 shots while it can survive probably 4 shots from a VK.

Final word of advice, worst thing you can do in a VK or a mouse would be to go up close and personal with russian tier 9 and 10 tanks. They will penetrate your frone plate while you due to height you will only have turret to shot and from a wrong angle. You WILL die. so dont complain that vk is underpowered. learn how to play with it.

P.S. i'm not talking about unupgraded tank. W/O upgrades it just sucks plain simple and without any doubt. But then again that's pretty much true for any high tier unupgraded tank.

KFAJ #302 Posted May 10 2011 - 17:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17394 battles
  • [DCU] DCU
The fatal flaw in your argument is that you are comparing two T9 tanks with T10 guns, both of which are designed for their respective T10 tanks, which both play different roles on the battlefield. I am not saying that Russian tanks are not better than their counterparts, because most are. But what you're doing right now is comparing a Maus gun to an IS-7 gun, and that is NOT what you should compare. The Maus and IS-7 have two different purposes, and their guns are designed FOR THOSE PURPOSES, not for their T9 tanks. Maus is a rolling bunker. It can take quite a bit of punishment, and is designed to spearhead an assault. In short, the Maus is a tank more centered on close range combat, where its gun is more suitable. The IS-7 is more of a sniper/flanker, and despite having crazy slopes, has less health, so it CAN spearhead an assault, but is better for flanking or sniping, where its higher ROF and longer cannon can help in both situations. Remember these guns are not designed for the IS-4 and VK4502, but for the Maus and IS-7. If you want to compare them, compare their TOP T9 guns instead of the T10 guns.
Once again, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, but I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. Also, I have never played any of these vehicles and have no combat experience in them, so what I am saying may be completely wrong. This is just my view of their roles and how they should be judged accordingly.

Stafroty #303 Posted May 10 2011 - 19:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
should germans have "bonus" to their armor due the face hardening process?

everyone here knows that cast armor aint as good as rolled and face hardened, but in game only thicknes is taken in account.

mareign #304 Posted May 11 2011 - 08:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9519 battles

View PostKFAJ, on May 10 2011 - 17:29, said:

The fatal flaw in your argument is that you are comparing two T9 tanks with T10 guns, both of which are designed for their respective T10 tanks, which both play different roles on the battlefield. I am not saying that Russian tanks are not better than their counterparts, because most are. But what you're doing right now is comparing a Maus gun to an IS-7 gun, and that is NOT what you should compare. The Maus and IS-7 have two different purposes, and their guns are designed FOR THOSE PURPOSES, not for their T9 tanks. Maus is a rolling bunker. It can take quite a bit of punishment, and is designed to spearhead an assault. In short, the Maus is a tank more centered on close range combat, where its gun is more suitable. The IS-7 is more of a sniper/flanker, and despite having crazy slopes, has less health, so it CAN spearhead an assault, but is better for flanking or sniping, where its higher ROF and longer cannon can help in both situations. Remember these guns are not designed for the IS-4 and VK4502, but for the Maus and IS-7. If you want to compare them, compare their TOP T9 guns instead of the T10 guns.
Once again, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, but I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. Also, I have never played any of these vehicles and have no combat experience in them, so what I am saying may be completely wrong. This is just my view of their roles and how they should be judged accordingly.

You can't simply ignore them because they are tier X guns.  These are the guns every single upgraded IS-4 and VK45 will be using.  They have to be balanced with them in mind as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users