• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Christojojo #41 Posted Oct 23 2012 - 00:18

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 29776 battles
  • [RTR] RTR
Idea
#1 David Vs Goliath Contest 3 Tier 10 Heavies Versus 5-7  lower tier mediums or lights. Speed versus Fire power/ better armor basically

#2 King For the day. an All day week end Tourney that starts at 10AM EST Should be about 7 am PST) Each round starts On the hour. To make it feasible The winner of the 3 games or the most if the teams draw goes to the next round. I can make time for a week end battle tourney but these 1030PM EST at night are killers to my health.

#3 I have other Ideas too but they need modifications like WoT tanks to shoot at for accuracy (like suggested above but with offical bots not evil ones)
#4 a new map with a dead collapsed volcano with the encounter at the center mini Hill.  Name the Tourney King of the hill.
http://www.nps.gov/a...hak_caldera.jpg

Edited by Christojojo, Oct 23 2012 - 00:19.

razortooth #42 Posted Oct 23 2012 - 05:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 8321 battles

View PostTheRonmasteh, on Sep 12 2012 - 22:44, said:

A contest about best contest! ... oh wait

Agreed on the marksmanship contest, and what about a WoT Racing Contest someday? :P
http://forum.worldof...ng-mod-kit-073/

WoT Racing contest...wow..great idea... :Smile_glasses:

lSherlockl #43 Posted Oct 29 2012 - 14:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16484 battles
Slapstick movie contest

Tripzter #44 Posted Oct 31 2012 - 01:16

Captain

• Players
  • 14214 battles
I'd love to see in game raids implemented.

How this could be done is for example one team of say t-50s are in charge of taking down an enemy team of specifically organized team as well as "bosses" that are bigger tanks.

So for example the team of 15 follow a route.  First they reach an enemy which is a heavy or whatever along with 2-3 smaller "minions".  All the 50s have to work together to take him out without taking losses or much damage.  Then they follow the road to find a small mob of "minions" or "trash" as referred to in other games with the boss game style.  At last the 50s rush to meet the final "boss" that has few "minions" helping him and hes a target that is harder to beat however not impossible.

Derby events would also be interesting where its bunch of light/medium tanks where one team focuses on taking out the opposite team with out any guns.

Race events also would be interesting all for each type of tank.

Of course these are in game events.

PoongBeak #45 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 16:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 41339 battles
  • [EARCT] EARCT
spanish
perdon pero no hablo ingles

ideas
escenario, pantanos, con muchos arboles y casi 0 visibilidad,niebla muy espeza, terreno lento y lodo , donde el oponente se vea a menos de 50 mts

escenario. desembarco, donde los vehiculos salen de 4 barcos y deben tomar un pequeno pueblo, y los otros defender ese pueblo saliendo de caminos laterales

vehiculos

faltan las artillerias inglesas que tenian, aunque eran en algunos casos, modificaciones de americanas , m7 priest B1, m37 , M 7 B2 y Kangaroo

podrian poner blindados italianos, ya que tubieron durante la 2 guerra y hasta la actualidad

dentro de los vehiculos chinos pueden agregar el rhino como artilleria

Edited by PoongBeak, Nov 06 2012 - 16:06.

CaptainNogare #46 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 04:29

Private

• Players
  • 9562 battles
  • [MNBN] MNBN
Could we have a drawing contest? I know that there are fan-art spot lites, but I think you would get more entries if there were certain Gold rewards...

Could there also be another model building contest?

Edited by CaptainNogare, Nov 08 2012 - 04:32.

chawe800 #47 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 00:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8091 battles
I got an idea but it's more of a battle idea similar to the White Tiger contest.

Pin the Maus:

A few light medium and heavy tanks rough tier 7ish have one goal. To pin a Maus that is forced to stay next to a wall. These tanks have to rush towards a Maus and pin it against a wall and possibly kill it. The basic goal is to prevent it from reaching a certain point. This can also be down by making tank walls the Maus can't pass through. The team can also kill the Maus but it's supposed to be incredibly hard to kill it akin to the White Tiger challenge

Vollketten #48 Posted Nov 26 2012 - 18:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 29557 battles
  • [----] ----
It has been ages since the last exteremely popular 'design a tank' contest.

There was a debacle soon after the French artillery contest when the modelling competition was won by a Tiger 2 impersonating a christmas tree and since then no really good contests. Bumper stickers and short essays aside. (Incidentally there was a lot of clan-based voting in that competition as well which ruined it)

Please could we have a design a tank like...(within the period of the game or narrower period as may be specified by WG rules)
  • 'Special operations tank any nation'
  • 'Super-heavy tank any nation'
  • 'British light tank'
  • 'French heavy tank'
  • 'German scout tank'
  • 'American tank destroyer'
  • 'Russian medium tank'
That kind of thing? Please? They can't be that hard to manage I'm sure. And the majority of forum viewers like to look att he designs whether they participate or not. My suggestions for competition guidelines:-
  • Set a 2 week time period for entries (no extensions).
  • Entries posted on thread ONLY to avoid sender problems which caused endless extension problems on the last competition.
  • (One image on post with any other images and explanatory text in spoilers to keep thread size smaller-1000 word limit)
  • Top ten chosen by WG staff.
  • Opened for public voting for 2 days or so.
  • Awards with gold for top 3.,
  • Awards with credits for all ten selections. (pro-rata).
  • A WG staff choice award (gold+credits) and
  • A 'Special Category' award for something which really stands out for research or innovation reasons (gold+credits)
I know the time frames are tight but at least this way the super-high-graphic-based entries are awarded with 4 weeks of prep time for a beatifully modelled tank.

Edited by Vollketten, Nov 26 2012 - 19:02.

Painbringer71 #49 Posted Nov 29 2012 - 23:13

Major

• Players
  • 44281 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Give us an outline of a tank (coloring book style)

Let us color them up with designs and custom graphics / personal camo / caption it etc...

Paint them up historically or non-historically

Would need to not violate any trademarks ...so no little ponies no gangnam etc...

1 tank per person allowed

Give one tank option to color up from each nation

Crack out the crayons pens pastels watercolor etc..

Hand made creations in one category

Photo shop in another category

Good luck Have Fun  For The GRIND!

Giganaut #50 Posted Dec 01 2012 - 12:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10611 battles

View PostVollketten, on Nov 26 2012 - 18:52, said:

It has been ages since the last exteremely popular 'design a tank' contest.

There was a debacle soon after the French artillery contest when the modelling competition was won by a Tiger 2 impersonating a christmas tree and since then no really good contests. Bumper stickers and short essays aside. (Incidentally there was a lot of clan-based voting in that competition as well which ruined it)

Please could we have a design a tank like...(within the period of the game or narrower period as may be specified by WG rules)
  • 'Special operations tank any nation'
  • 'Super-heavy tank any nation'
  • 'British light tank'
  • 'French heavy tank'
  • 'German scout tank'
  • 'American tank destroyer'
  • 'Russian medium tank'
That kind of thing? Please? They can't be that hard to manage I'm sure. And the majority of forum viewers like to look att he designs whether they participate or not. My suggestions for competition guidelines:-
  • Set a 2 week time period for entries (no extensions).
  • Entries posted on thread ONLY to avoid sender problems which caused endless extension problems on the last competition.
  • (One image on post with any other images and explanatory text in spoilers to keep thread size smaller-1000 word limit)
  • Top ten chosen by WG staff.
  • Opened for public voting for 2 days or so.
  • Awards with gold for top 3.,
  • Awards with credits for all ten selections. (pro-rata).
  • A WG staff choice award (gold+credits) and
  • A 'Special Category' award for something which really stands out for research or innovation reasons (gold+credits)
I know the time frames are tight but at least this way the super-high-graphic-based entries are awarded with 4 weeks of prep time for a beatifully modelled tank.

THIS i second

varidimus #51 Posted Dec 06 2012 - 01:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 4164 battles
Idea #1  I'm not sure this is possible, but a "golden ticket" style hunt on random maps (in game).

The players are informed that a building on the map has a golden ticket inside that you have to drive over after demolishing the building.  Or a single tree has a golden ticket in the roots after you knock it down.

It might be entertaining to see the two teams rushing around knocking over trees and crushing buildings to find it.

Idea #2 Objective gold (in game)

Random day/weekend when you are awarded gold for cap points or defense points.  1gld/5pts.  Everybody rushing to cap would be entertaining.

Idea #3 Tank Trivia (offline)

At random times, WoT forums post a "trivia" question about any random tank (specs, history, etc).  First forum poster to find and post the correct answer wins something (small gold/silver).  Trivia postings are random to avoid heavy hit of traffic.

plm0ok #52 Posted Dec 06 2012 - 03:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9822 battles
You could have a racing contest? You can fire at each other.........:(

the_gman15 #53 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 05:51

Private

• Players
  • 23232 battles
I'd love to see a funniest moments contest. Post a pic or video of you or someones' funny and/or awkward moment while commanding a tank. I know I've had a few...just forgot my camera.

Maybe an undergunned contest, where the most points scored using the lowest tier gun on a tank are submitted.

Vollketten #54 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 16:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 29557 battles
  • [----] ----
Is this thread ever checked or any feedback on the contest ideas coming?

I know WG has been awesome with promotions and giveaways over the christmas/new year period but this this an important thread that just languishes, unloved in a corner of the forum.

Edited by Vollketten, Dec 28 2012 - 16:41.

Major_Rampage #55 Posted Dec 29 2012 - 08:07

Game Events Manager

• Administrator
  • 17458 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
I keep an eye on this thread too ;)

isaacalmeida #56 Posted Dec 29 2012 - 08:35

Captain

• Players
  • 14657 battles
ok lets reanimate this thread

1,2,3,*zap*...stand back...1,2,3...*zap*...lets increace the voltage...Clear!...1,2,3*zap*........*blip,blip,blip*

BaddParrot #57 Posted Dec 29 2012 - 09:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33148 battles
I Always wanted to see a 15 on 15 contest in a training room between Lowe's & T34's.  We shall see who is king!

Scryer117 #58 Posted Dec 29 2012 - 12:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35844 battles
a tank design contest please.. been longing for another one  :Smile_confused:

InPlainSight #59 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 09:33

Major

• Players
  • 21987 battles
What about a contest which any player tries to get others to play World of Tanks. The newcomer could maybe say that a specific player got him to join. The player who got the most people to join gets some gold, or a certain tier 2 or 3 premium tank. Not too confusing and WG gets more players. BTW if any of these suggestions become contests will they be given a reward or something like that?
Or other simple contests like:
Racing
Tank designing
I've also been thinking of a Tank Olympics, for example:
Swimming: tanks can drive off a ramp into the water and whoever gets the farthest wins
Long jump: Driving off ramp
Sprint:Racing basically
Javelin: arty shooting as far as you can without pressing shift
Boxing: 1 on 1 shooting at each other
Ect.

ZoloZ #60 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 22:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 19078 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
There should be a contest who ever gets the most Secret santa kills.

based on the 'Sherrif"  theme but use at the game start a message:  "Secret Santa is in effect one random person on each team will reward the final  kill 100 gold to the killer. " That way no one knows who it is and cannot be broadcast via phone or chat to the opposing team for exploit.  At the end of the day 9or week)  top "Secret Santa" killer is rewarded one months free premium and 1000 gold.  The  2nd and 3rd place rewarded gold of 500 and 250 and Premium for one month respectively.

Edited by ZoloZ, Dec 30 2012 - 22:06.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users