2nd round of SEA Account Transfers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 08:19

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
Dear SEA and Oceania players.

Due to changing circumstances and popular demand, we are pleased to inform you that a second round of account transfers will be opening shortly.
The SEA server forums will shortly become the official server for the SEA and Oceania region.

The SEA server will be offering its local SEA and Oceania community many advantages aimed at providing that region a more pleasurable gaming experience.

A large new and initially empty clan-wars map to explore, conquer and dominate.
Tournaments structured around and made specifically for the SEA/Oceania timezone.
Specialized community and support staff who are local to the area who are there to specifically cater for your needs.
Reduced ping and better connectivity.
Maintenance and down times scheduled at the off peak timezone for the region.

If you are from the SEA / Oceania region, we highly encourage you to make use of this transfer offer so we can continue to provide you with the highest quality of support and service.
For more information on the transfers schedule, please refer to the portal.

Regards
Tan.

2nd round of SEA Account Transfers

Tank Commanders,

In order to further improve the service that Wargaming provides, we have decided to once again open transfers to the South East Asia server cluster. In addition, the Wargaming South East Asia office will begin providing support for our players in Oceania.

As players in these regions, you will have dedicated community and support staff, as well as events, contests and tournaments managed on the South East Asia cluster during hours that work best for you. Clan Wars will also be available to players during optimal Oceanic play hours on the South East Asia cluster in the near future, further improving the experience for you. Moreover players from New Zealand and Australia should have better latency playing on SEA server.

The transfer window is currently open, and will close on October 3rd, 2012. The transfer procedure itself will take place on the same date (3rd of October) and will take approximately 48 hours to complete.

For those who are interested in transferring your account from the other servers to the SEA server, please register an account on the SEA server to reserve your nickname. Kindly test the SEA server first before opting for a transfer as all decisions made are final and will not be reverted.

Please note that upon successful transfer, players will not be able to return to their original servers and their current accounts will be transferred to the EXISTING account on the SEA server.

How to Transfer
Step 1: SEA Account Creation and Testing
Create an account (if it has not been created yet) on the SEA cluster with your desired nickname.
• Log into the SEA cluster to see if the experience is desirable for you: note your latency compared to your current cluster, as well as general connection quality.
• If you still feel you would like to transfer, move to the next step.

Step 2: Transferring Your Account
• Leave the clan on your account at the server which you want to transfer from.
• To apply for a transfer, please click here.
• Refrain from purchasing any gold during the transfer period.

Terms & Conditions
• A player must create an account on the SEA cluster.
• Player must leave their current clan on the donor server (RU, EU, US).
• Transfer will only be allowed from the RU, EU, US servers.
• The account on SEA cluster will be completely replaced by the account on the server which you are transferring from.
• There is a possibility of account suspension (up to 1 week) on both servers during the transfer.
• Gold and packages bought from the Gift Shop on the SEA cluster account will be added to the account.

amade #2 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 08:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12218 battles
I would like to stress on this part:

Step 1: SEA Account Creation and Testing
• Create an account (if it has not been created yet) on the SEA cluster with your desired nickname.
• Log into the SEA cluster to see if the experience is desirable for you: note your latency compared to your current cluster, as well as general connection quality.
• If you still feel you would like to transfer, move to the next step.

It is important you TRY PLAYING ON THE SERVER FIRST for both connection and gameplay testing. Your ping may or may not be better, or you may not like the player community (it happens, you can't force people to like everyone), or you may miss playing with your NA/EU/RU mates. Once your application for transfer has been processed you won't be able to transfer back!

Apart from that I look forward to meeting more WoT veterans on the SEA server ;-)

P.S. Tan, I recommend you add a warning in the OP about not being able to transfer back in the T&C.

TheLeader2002 #3 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 08:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6237 battles
Really? that would be cool if we not transder.. but double.. example: same battles tanks etc.. (EXCEPT CLAN) to ru server.

pigglywiggly #4 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 11:30

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8460 battles
Why can't we transfer back?

Mordd #5 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 11:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8898 battles
Success!! We won guys, it's been a long hard slog to get here but finally we can call success, Clan Wars starts 10th October on SEA and another Transfer to SEA server is now open - transfer closes on 3rd October - get your transfer request in now!!

http://worldoftanks-...er-sea-round-2/
http://worldoftanks-...count-transfer/

https://transfer.worldoftanks.com/

:Smile_Default: :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_glasses: :Smile_smile: :Smile_great: :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_blinky: :Smile-tongue: :Smile_honoring: :Smile-playing:

3 weeks for the vote poll, almost 300 votes in that time, 10 pages of comments, over 4,000 forum views of the topic, not to mention the 2 previous paid transfer vote polls on NA and SEA forums that also got a large number of votes each. Almost 6 month spent asking Wargaming again and again and again and again for this to happen - this is a very sweet vindication of all the blood, sweat and tears along the way. Thankyou to everyone who supported the campaign, I could not have done it without you guys!!

Your request has been accepted

Thank you! Your request has been accepted and will be processed as soon as possible.

Transfer details
To: SEA cluster

mustang_sally #6 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 15:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7976 battles
How long do we have to make the decision????

amade #7 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 15:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12218 battles

mustang_sally, on Sep 15 2012 - 15:31, said:

How long do we have to make the decision????

It's clearly written there in the OP:

The transfer window is currently open, and will close on October 3rd, 2012

cfnz #8 Posted Sep 15 2012 - 21:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1875 battles
Will this affect WoWP beta access for a transferred account?

Tanitha #9 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 00:11

Major

• WG Staff
  • 2405 battles

View Postcfnz, on Sep 15 2012 - 21:10, said:

Will this affect WoWP beta access for a transferred account?

No.

/Tan

mustang_sally #10 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 00:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7976 battles

View Postamade, on Sep 15 2012 - 15:36, said:

It's clearly written there in the OP:

oops, to many late nights...missed it. Thanks.

cfnz #11 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 01:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1875 battles
Great, thanks Tan.

masterion #12 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 03:51

Private

• Players
  • 30609 battles
  • [5PANZ] 5PANZ
do u lose any tanks you have already reserched on other servers? Or is a tank wipe or total tank crossover between servers??

amade #13 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 04:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12218 battles

View Postmasterion, on Sep 16 2012 - 03:51, said:

do u lose any tanks you have already reserched on other servers? Or is a tank wipe or total tank crossover between servers??

The point of transferring is for you to keep everything from your donor account to replace the surrogate account. Tanks, gold, credits, stats, all get carried over. Only certain things on SEA account remain, as per the T&C.

CenturioNZ #14 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 06:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
I have tried the SEA server and didn't notice a better FPS or ping rate in fact the WoT website kept insisting that my game experience would be better on the NA server, and of course I was TK in my first three battles because of my NZ add-on to my player name! Not a friendly community!

brapster #15 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 07:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3778 battles
That makes no sense.

Your FPS has nothing to do with ping, they are two seperate things.

I find it hard to believe it would make any difference if you are from NZ, there are way more NZ and Aussie players on SEA than on NA.

And they changed that message a few weeks ago.....

AAR SEA Recruitment thread click here

Mr_Donkey_Bollocks #16 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 07:19

Private

• Players
  • 1780 battles
I'm pretty new to WoTs and wondered why (I'm in NZ) I went straight into the NA server, being computer illiterate also I thought nothing more of it. Now is a chance to be on server in my region. I'm not thinking about joining a clan just yet but when I do it will of course have to be a NZ clan, and as you can tell my first (and only) language is the Queens English. So,

Are existing NZ clan(s) going to be/already on SEA?

Will enough aussies/Kiwis be on SEA so I can kill people in English whilst having witty banter that I can understand?

I think if there are 5000+ users at any one time there should be plenty of variety, and as people say, this should increase with time - I guess its an economic thing - SEA region in general being limited by internet access, technology, funds to spend on computer gaming.

brapster #17 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 13:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3778 battles
hey mate, there are plenty of Aussie and Kiwi clans on SEA, I would say there are more than what is on NA now days.

As for a dedicated Kiwi clan, I don't know of any myself, most are a mix of both OZ/NZ

We are seeing a huge influx of players into our clan at the moment, I would expect that to continue.

AAR SEA Recruitment Thread Click Here

Madmaxamus #18 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 23:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 3587 battles
Just my Two cents. I loaded the SEA link yesterday. Played on and off all day yesterday, and a quick go this morning. PING ~140, fantastic. Haven't had to load any add-on's to lower quality to get better FPS like I have had to on the NA server. Can't believe the difference in game performance. There definately is a link between FPS and PING (Everyone says there's not, but I am seeing the difference) Am in Waikato, North Island NZ. Will monitor over this week, before making the swap.

mustang_sally #19 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 00:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7976 battles

View PostMadmaxamus, on Sep 16 2012 - 23:16, said:

Just my Two cents. I loaded the SEA link yesterday. Played on and off all day yesterday, and a quick go this morning. PING ~140, fantastic. Haven't had to load any add-on's to lower quality to get better FPS like I have had to on the NA server. Can't believe the difference in game performance. There definately is a link between FPS and PING (Everyone says there's not, but I am seeing the difference) Am in Waikato, North Island NZ. Will monitor over this week, before making the swap.

No, FPS is all dependant on PC specs, PING on the other hand is dependant on your internet connection.

My FPS on NA is between 70 and 100FPS with ping at around 270 to 300ms
My FPS on SEA is between 70 and 100FPS with ping at around 110 to 120ms
My FPS on RU (8.0 common test) is between 90 and 130FPS with ping at around 400 to 450ms (new graphics renderer helps)

Edited by mustang_sally, Sep 17 2012 - 03:54.

Mr_Donkey_Bollocks #20 Posted Sep 17 2012 - 10:19

Private

• Players
  • 1780 battles
Cheers brapster,

As a Brit expat in NZ I guess I feel obliged to join an NZ Clan - I didn't think Oz and NZ got on anyway, something to do with a Pavlova!

I'm aware of an NZAD Clan but that's about it.

Edited by Mr_Donkey_Bollocks, Sep 17 2012 - 10:19.