2nd round of SEA Account Transfers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

mankeyjamie #81 Posted Jan 16 2013 - 05:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 6910 battles
  • [NZAUS] NZAUS
no idea why they dont have open transfers whether it be paid or not. Most MMO's do and i know its not too hard to implement

Otto_matic_Reiffel #82 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 06:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles

View Postmankeyjamie, on Jan 16 2013 - 05:15, said:

no idea why they dont have open transfers whether it be paid or not. Most MMO's do and i know assume its not too hard to implement
Fixed that for you.

Given the amount of wrangling required to get them to do it, I suspect it's not that easy at the moment. Database merges with the size of databases they are dealing with would be slow and you really don't want to stuff it up.

mankeyjamie #83 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 13:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 6910 battles
  • [NZAUS] NZAUS

View PostOtto_matic_Reiffel, on Jan 17 2013 - 06:45, said:

Fixed that for you.

Given the amount of wrangling required to get them to do it, I suspect it's not that easy at the moment. Database merges with the size of databases they are dealing with would be slow and you really don't want to stuff it up.

Obviously you have no experience in the MMO business, sure it takes time but its not at all hard to do. Heard of a game "fallen earth"? when i worked for them we (not me personally) did it and it was painless. dont make a fool of yourself.

Otto_matic_Reiffel #84 Posted Jan 24 2013 - 03:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7046 battles
Oh and I'm sure you know exactly how the World of Tanks databases are set up and managed? Did you work for them too?

If it was as trivial as you say:
- Why haven't they set up paid transfers yet? Easy money maker for them.
- Why are they so reluctant to do transfers?
- Why does it take a downtime of several hours on the target server to complete the transfer?

Your experience in one game does not automatically transfer to all games. Think before posting otherwise you make yourself look like a fool.

Also no I haven't heard of "fallen earth". A quick Google search shows that at what appears to be its peak it boasted around 20,000 regular players (might be more now due to F2P) and currently only has a single main server. Somewhat less than the several hundred thousand of WoT.

Trojaner11 #85 Posted Jan 27 2013 - 08:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5687 battles
man I missed the change over man

Steeltrap #86 Posted Mar 21 2013 - 01:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 5548 battles
I did transfer, and I regret it greatly.

Game play is so appalling, no teamwork, half your team chat appears as [][][][] [][] [][][][][] [][], and a load of people are utterly clueless about how to use their vehicles.

EVERY ONE OF MY R/L FRIENDS who used to play has quit.

I would PAY to come back to NA. As it is, I certainly don't give WG any money anymore.

Cheers

Rhiazen #87 Posted Mar 21 2013 - 03:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 6843 battles
  • [HELIX] HELIX
SEA has very little going for it, Kiwi's and Aussies will most likely be dissapointed. Excercise extreme caution if your thinking about moving over, make an account and test thoroughly.

XunZi #88 Posted Mar 21 2013 - 07:54

Private

• Players
  • 341 battles
Do not go to SEA!

The non-Australian and New Zealand players are, mainly, downright awful. They have no sense of how to play - no-one resets cap ... they hide for 5 minutes, they are afk a lot, it is impossible to suggest things in game as so many do not speak english and all you get is [][][] ... we call them box people.

They go into battle with no ammo deliberately since 'it costs too much' to actually load ammo.

Low tiers, medium tiers, high tiers ... it makes little difference. The aim for the non-A and NZ players seems to be get a premium as soon as possible ... never mind anything about learning how to play. They act like tier ones when they are in 9s and 10s. It is ridiculous how many sub 45% players there are (even sub 40%) at T9 and T10.

They lemming ... that is they all follow one tank

or they all camp and die one by one.

the only good thing is that my NA account (not this new account) was about 48% WR ... on SEA it is now 58%WR but you will tear your hair out in frustration.

LWokko #89 Posted Mar 21 2013 - 12:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7861 battles

View PostXunZi, on Mar 21 2013 - 07:54, said:

Do not go to SEA!

The non-Australian and New Zealand players are, mainly, downright awful. They have no sense of how to play - no-one resets cap ... they hide for 5 minutes, they are afk a lot, it is impossible to suggest things in game as so many do not speak english and all you get is [][][] ... we call them box people.

They go into battle with no ammo deliberately since 'it costs too much' to actually load ammo.

Low tiers, medium tiers, high tiers ... it makes little difference. The aim for the non-A and NZ players seems to be get a premium as soon as possible ... never mind anything about learning how to play. They act like tier ones when they are in 9s and 10s. It is ridiculous how many sub 45% players there are (even sub 40%) at T9 and T10.

They lemming ... that is they all follow one tank

or they all camp and die one by one.

the only good thing is that my NA account (not this new account) was about 48% WR ... on SEA it is now 58%WR but you will tear your hair out in frustration.

QFT.

I came here to say pretty much exactly this. DON'T DO IT.

StomsMight #90 Posted Mar 22 2013 - 00:12

Private

• Players
  • 36 battles
I Transferred and I love it on SEA!

do your research first though, I got up to tier 4 on my test account before I said that I was transferring.

The SEA cable is damaged at the moment but it will be fixed at some point so you will get better ping then what you have now.  

There is a great group of Aus/NZ players. always say hi in pubs great blokes to platoon with and play against in pubs. there is a lot more inter clan platoons too.

Capitulate #91 Posted Mar 25 2013 - 04:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 198 battles
"the only good thing is that my NA account (not this new account) was about 48% WR ... on SEA it is now 58%WR but you will tear your hair out in frustration." - about sums up why you should move..... :)

jankar #92 Posted Mar 27 2013 - 12:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24199 battles
To play on the SEA server do I need to use different client what for US server? To compare game performance on both servers, how can I switch from one client to another?

If there are any other problems with transfer to SEA server I would like to hear from you. Especially regarding the connection - my ISP is Telstra and I have huge ping (> 500 ms) when connected to US server. Do Telstra users have good connection to SEA server? What is the ping value and lag there?

One more question - when this transfer to SEA server offer expires?

Edited by jankar, Mar 27 2013 - 12:19.

jankar #93 Posted Mar 27 2013 - 12:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24199 battles

View PostXunZi, on Mar 21 2013 - 07:54, said:

With only 38 battles played and win rate 54% if you win one more, your rate goes up 1%. Also the error margin is too big. Wait until you have as many battles as I had on the US server.

jankar #94 Posted Mar 27 2013 - 12:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24199 battles

View PostCenturioNZ, on Sep 16 2012 - 06:43, said:

I have tried the SEA server and didn't notice a better FPS or ping rate in fact the WoT website kept insisting that my game experience would be better on the NA server, and of course I was TK in my first three battles because of my NZ add-on to my player name! Not a friendly community!
If the SEA server is located in Singapore and US server in Detroit then the time to access the former should be 59% less, because distance from Sydney to Singapore is 6296 km, to Detroit 15246 km.

As to the player name - good that you mentioned about it. I will try nick name "DongDong" or something similar. Also I will install Korean or Chinese fonts to send messages in square language. Maybe they won't team kill me.

jankar #95 Posted Mar 27 2013 - 12:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24199 battles

View PostMr_Donkey_Bollocks, on Sep 16 2012 - 07:19, said:

Will enough aussies/Kiwis be on SEA so I can kill people in English whilst having witty banter that I can understand?
Stop dreaming! Australia plus New Zealand is less than 30 million people. China and India alone are over 3.5 billion. This means you could meet another Kiwi or Ozi once in about 120 battles!

jankar #96 Posted Mar 27 2013 - 12:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24199 battles

View Postmustang_sally, on Sep 17 2012 - 00:06, said:

No, FPS is all dependant on PC specs, PING on the other hand is dependant on your internet connection.
FPS is determined by the amount of the details that need to be drawn and how fast your video card can paint the picture on the screen. In maps like Dragon's Ridge, where I fire through a bamboo bush my FPS goes down to 10, which makes the game more like a slide show. On maps like El Halluf my FPS goes up to 60.

jankar #97 Posted Mar 27 2013 - 13:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24199 battles
I just created a new account on the SEA server. To activate it I should receive an activation code in the e-mail I used to create the account. I checked several times my e-mail inbox, spam box and any other box - the code was not send there! I checked if the e-mail is correct, it is.

Now I can't make a troubleshoot ticket, because my account is not activated. I can't create another account, because the e-mail I gave cannot be duplicated. I am like a tanks stuck on a rock, helpless, at the mercy of the enemy guns!

This is so frustrated! How to fix this?

Please help me win this battle with WoT!