display settings issues....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

undwirtanzten #1 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 19:07

Private

• Players
  • 6137 battles
i play on a 32 inch lcd tv (720 capabilities) with a geforce gt 520. to get my desktop to fit my screen, i run my display settings at 1174-668 in 720p. when i load WOT, i used to have zero issues...then two days ago nvidia updated the display driver and now i can't figure out how to get WOT to fit the screen. when i play in windowed mode, the graphics get WAY crappy and the bottom 1/3rd of the screen is inaccessible. when i play in full screen, the edges of the screen are all cut off (about 7-10% of the screen on each side) and NONE of the display settings in game seem to remedy this....i'm almost confident the problem lies in my display settings, as when i plug my tv in using vga cables, everything is fine i just dont get sound unless i plug in speakers and hidef settings arent available.....any advice/help would be appreciated....

IntrepidThunder #2 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27990 battles
  • [EMPTY] EMPTY
I'm not exactly sure due to the fact my graphics cards on my desktop don't have HDMI ports but while using my laptop I usually have to play around with the resolutions.

sampak #3 Posted Sep 16 2012 - 21:04

Captain

• Players
  • 13062 battles

View Postundwirtanzten, on Sep 16 2012 - 19:07, said:

i play on a 32 inch lcd tv (720 capabilities) with a geforce gt 520. to get my desktop to fit my screen, i run my display settings at 1174-668 in 720p. when i load WOT, i used to have zero issues...then two days ago nvidia updated the display driver and now i can't figure out how to get WOT to fit the screen. when i play in windowed mode, the graphics get WAY crappy and the bottom 1/3rd of the screen is inaccessible. when i play in full screen, the edges of the screen are all cut off (about 7-10% of the screen on each side) and NONE of the display settings in game seem to remedy this....i'm almost confident the problem lies in my display settings, as when i plug my tv in using vga cables, everything is fine i just dont get sound unless i plug in speakers and hidef settings arent available.....any advice/help would be appreciated....

MY ATI card does that bit with the 10% borders all black, when plugged into a "TV." There is a control panel option, rather vague by my understand, but it basically 'expands' your functional screen area to the proper maximum edges. I'd look through any "desktop" or "TV/display settings" related menu options in the Nvidia menu.

Not sure about the other stuff without seeing a screen shot(s).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users