What has changed recently ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

kelpieboy1 #1 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 14:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 18359 battles
I started playing WOT about 10 months ago and i dont claim to be a good player , just average in the scheme of things but i do alright for a guy who has to battle with 25 -30 fps and 250 - 300 ping all the time. I dont complain about that ,its just a fact of life for me.
  Over the past week or so I have noticed a disturbing trend in my games , and some others in my clan, and that is invariably the first hit I recieve in battle takes out my gun. Probably happens 3 out of 5 battles and is usually followed by a good old fashioned ammo racking , which is also happening a lot lately. Like I say until recently I might get my gun taken out in maybe 1-2 battles in 10 and ammo racked about the same but the last week or so its been unbelievable. Today for instance nearly every game i lost one or the other early , usually first hit. Now I can accept a few of them from tanks reasonably close by but today I lost my tier 10 gun, on an IS 7, to a tier 8 tank, Tiger2, from a distace of nearly 400 metres.  I also had an example that defies logic , got hit in the track and was tracked but the same shot also took my gun and gunner, how is this possible ? And before anyone says multiple simultaneous hits , it wasnt as I was 1 on 1 with this other tank with no possibility of other tanks involved. Even the guy who hit me was surprised. So what has changed ?
I

jonny_ringo #2 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 14:23

Major

• Players
  • 28548 battles
  • [RAZE] RAZE
I think it is the deadeye perk.  I've noticed a huge increase in critical hits as well.  I think dead eye in combination with more and more players using over the tank skins is the explanation for the crits.  As far as the track/gun/gunner hit, could it have been a HE round?  Don't know about that one.

ZKaiZ #3 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 14199 battles
I want to see the replay with the "1 on 1 gun, gunner & track shot"

SunFlash #4 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 14:26

Major

• Players
  • 14067 battles
  • [PUPEH] PUPEH
If arty splashes you, often they get your gun and tracks, but not a ton of crew, right?

Ganegrei #5 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 14:26

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 2653 battles
Things started going downhill in patch 7.4.  No word from WG of course but most pub matches theses days are massive landslides.  Invisotanks, bullshots, hits that break multiple modules.  It has all gotten worse.

kelpieboy1 #6 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 15:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 18359 battles
It wasnt arty splash in the 1 on 1 and like I say even the other was surprised.
I just had 3 battles in IS7 and lost gun twice and was tracked a total of 8 times , this is getting seriously ridiculous.  I have the deadeye perk on a lot of my crews and I cant be guaranteed to take out another tanks gun anywhere near the way I am getting it done to me , especially not at distance or on a moving target which has happened to me a few times. Other guys say it happens to them as well.
I just cant explain it but in my opinion something has changed and not for the good. If this keeps up then I wont renew my premium account and will probably give the game away totally , which makes me unhappy because I did really enjoy playing until recently.

Savage220 #7 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 15:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4671 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
I had something sort of similar happen to me yesterday but played it off on the guy using auto aim + luck with rng.  IS3 vs my T32 both of us playing peek-a-boo on consecutive shots while both of us moving he managed to take out my gun.  I spun the camera around to look at his shots the first hit directly where the cannon met the mantle and his 2nd shot hit to the right of where the cannon hits the mantle overlapping the first shot.  Sadly being a skeptic I cant see how anyone, with both of us moving, could manage to hit that location on consecutive shots.  Either way it sucked not having a gun the rest of the match I did manage to survive but was not much help other than being a distraction while my team mopped up the remaining few.

DV_Currie_VC #8 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 15:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25658 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostGanegrei, on Sep 24 2012 - 14:26, said:

Things started going downhill in patch 7.4.  No word from WG of course but most pub matches theses days are massive landslides.  Invisotanks, bullshots, hits that break multiple modules.  It has all gotten worse.
Show some evidence of this, and I'll think about believing you. I've not experienced what you claim.

KilgorSoS #9 Posted Sep 24 2012 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 26602 battles
I would normally think...STFU OP LEARN 2 PLAY...lolz    BUT!!!!!

I am seeing the same BS as you are OP. I have a lot of battles, tons of kills, and MORE tons of damage dealt...Therefore  DO THE MATH! I have fired a Bazillion shells in my day...

Something is BS...I hit an enemy turrett do damage, and knock off a track....I HAVE XVM with OTM, and I see the damage fly off, as well as hits, so I know whether there were simultaneous hits on an enemy. Other times I am the ONLY one that can possibly shoot at them, etc.

Now Saturday was the clincher. I am hit ON THE BARREL of my Foch's gun...I can see the scuff at the spot where the thick barrel band ends and the rest of the barrel continues...

Gun AND ENGINE damaged????????? Yes Gun and ENGINE damaged from a scrap to the Gun barrel....

Now please show me the WIKI link that explains that fanboy trolls?  There is something BS going on, and I am not the only one noticing it.

Driftin #10 Posted Oct 11 2012 - 02:57

Major

• Players
  • 20523 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKilgorSoS, on Sep 24 2012 - 16:01, said:

I would normally think...STFU OP LEARN 2 PLAY...lolz BUT!!!!!

I am seeing the same BS as you are OP. I have a lot of battles, tons of kills, and MORE tons of damage dealt...Therefore  DO THE MATH! I have fired a Bazillion shells in my day...

Something is BS...I hit an enemy turrett do damage, and knock off a track....I HAVE XVM with OTM, and I see the damage fly off, as well as hits, so I know whether there were simultaneous hits on an enemy. Other times I am the ONLY one that can possibly shoot at them, etc.

Now Saturday was the clincher. I am hit ON THE BARREL of my Foch's gun...I can see the scuff at the spot where the thick barrel band ends and the rest of the barrel continues...

Gun AND ENGINE damaged????????? Yes Gun and ENGINE damaged from a scrap to the Gun barrel....

Now please show me the WIKI link that explains that fanboy trolls?  There is something BS going on, and I am not the only one noticing it.

Glad to see some players who actually understand the game seeing it too. I've noticed losing a track, gun, and ammo rack or gunner/loader all from 1 shot from a tank..not arty. But so many on here just wanna yell Learn to play and such...Glad I'm not the only one. Although I was gone for a week on vacation, when I came back yesterday and played, I didn't have any issues. Can't really explain it. Seems the randomness day to day is just to much of a spread. Guess I'll get screwed with crits all day tomorrow. LOL