So little so few are left ( The Mutant 6 ) M6A2E1...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

Hurlbut #61 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 07:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5973 battles

View PostEliminateur, on Oct 06 2012 - 00:02, said:

no idea, but if only ONE people spoke it is enough, it was promised as an EXCLUSIVE ITEM, it needs to remain s so, everything else is invalid
And that speak of being selfish.

KilljoyCutter #62 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles
I simply don't understand the whole exclusive item thing.

VirgilHilts #63 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 16:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles
We were told that we could make a special purchase at a special price, on an item that would never be offered again, ever, under any circumstances. Part of the allure of the offer was that you'd have a rare vehicle that was special. I did not buy an M6A2E1 package, I didn't want to spend the money at the time, and I was not real happy with WoT. I'd love to have one, but since if it were offered again it would involve WoT going back on their word to those who bought one at least partially on the basis that they would never be for sale again, I hope they never put them back in the store or the gift shop.

I don't have an M6A2E1, and I was actually one of those people who spoke up and asked WoT to keep their word to the original buyers of the packages, even though it meant I would not get one. So no, it was not a "vocal minority", nor was it only the people who already had one. It was actually a relatively large group of people who held WoT to their word and demanded a little integrity and honesty, as opposed to greed and avarice.

I do happen to own some rare things. The rarity effects the value, and is part of the allure of owning them.

The only way I'll own an M6A2E1 is if WoT decides to allow players to buy vehicles from other players, as they originally said they would.

Everybody can't have everything they want. Few, if any, can actually have everything they want. People need to grow up and grasp that concept. There a lot of things I'd like to have that I don't have because I wasn't there when they were selling them. That's life.

VirgilHilts #64 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 16:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles

View PostHurlbut, on Oct 06 2012 - 07:00, said:

And that speak of being selfish.

What speaks of being truly selfish is you demanding the rare tank that he owns be put on sale and made less rare so that you can own it.

You want to reduce the value of something someone else already bought, paid for, and owns, after the fact, so that you can have one, too.

KilljoyCutter #65 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles
All tanks in this game have ZERO value.  They can be taken away with no notice, changed with no notice, etc.  And the rarity is entirely artificial, as it is with diamonds.

VirgilHilts #66 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 16:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Oct 06 2012 - 16:40, said:

All tanks in this game have ZERO value.  They can be taken away with no notice, changed with no notice, etc.  And the rarity is entirely artificial, as it is with diamonds.

Everything about this game will have less value than it does now if no one makes any effort to hold WoT accountable for anything they say. Everything you have in the game has some value based on the current state of the game. They can change the state of the game, that is true. What they do depends on how honest they are.

You can make all the excuses you want for having WoT sell the M6A2E1 again. But they're still excuses, because you're suggesting that they do something they said they'd never do, thereby suggesting they be dishonest. Excusing dishonesty for your own personal gain doesn't make it less dishonest. It just makes to more acceptable to the person making the excuses.

The fact remains, WoT announced that they'd sell pre-order packages before the game went live. The packages included a set amount of premium and/or gold, and a specific tank, which they said would never be available for sale again. As such the purchased package included a tank that was guaranteed to be rare. The package was sold for real world currency. People can say "you bought the gold, the tank was included free", and use that as an excuse. They can make any excuse they want to. No matter what, people paid real money for in game gold and an in game tank, and were told that after a certain date, the tank could never be purchased again. Period. There is even video on the Internet of the guy who owns the company saying "we will never sell these tanks again, ever".

So, you either want integrity and honesty, or you don't. Whether or not it helps you or makes you happy does not matter.

Eliminateur #67 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 19:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles

View PostVirgilHilts, on Oct 06 2012 - 16:12, said:

We were told that we could make a special purchase at a special price, on an item that would never be offered again, ever, under any circumstances. Part of the allure of the offer was that you'd have a rare vehicle that was special. I did not buy an M6A2E1 package, I didn't want to spend the money at the time, and I was not real happy with WoT. I'd love to have one, but since if it were offered again it would involve WoT going back on their word to those who bought one at least partially on the basis that they would never be for sale again, I hope they never put them back in the store or the gift shop.

thanks man, that's what i wanted to say but couldn't find a way to word it like that

KilljoyCutter #68 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 20:35

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostVirgilHilts, on Oct 06 2012 - 16:52, said:

Everything about this game will have less value than it does now if no one makes any effort to hold WoT accountable for anything they say. Everything you have in the game has some value based on the current state of the game. They can change the state of the game, that is true. What they do depends on how honest they are.

You can make all the excuses you want for having WoT sell the M6A2E1 again. But they're still excuses, because you're suggesting that they do something they said they'd never do, thereby suggesting they be dishonest. Excusing dishonesty for your own personal gain doesn't make it less dishonest. It just makes to more acceptable to the person making the excuses.

The fact remains, WoT announced that they'd sell pre-order packages before the game went live. The packages included a set amount of premium and/or gold, and a specific tank, which they said would never be available for sale again. As such the purchased package included a tank that was guaranteed to be rare. The package was sold for real world currency. People can say "you bought the gold, the tank was included free", and use that as an excuse. They can make any excuse they want to. No matter what, people paid real money for in game gold and an in game tank, and were told that after a certain date, the tank could never be purchased again. Period. There is even video on the Internet of the guy who owns the company saying "we will never sell these tanks again, ever".

So, you either want integrity and honesty, or you don't. Whether or not it helps you or makes you happy does not matter.

It's too late to expect any such thing out of WG.

Panzerstecher #69 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 20:49

Captain

• Players
  • 19910 battles
  • [MARVN] MARVN

View PostVirgilHilts, on Oct 06 2012 - 16:12, said:

...The only way I'll own an M6A2E1 is if WoT decides to allow players to buy vehicles from other players, as they originally said they would...

That is my thoughts as well...I wouldn't mind having one, but I will not take advantage of WG going back on their word to the players that bought them with cold cash.

BeingBadNotBeingGood #70 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 20:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 9808 battles

View PostSilty, on Sep 26 2012 - 06:22, said:

Why does everyone hate it so much?  The pen, mobility, and armor are all decent for a tier 8 premium.  It doesn't have stupid glaring weakspots like a KV-5, for instance.  Just small ones that you can wiggle to prevent people from hitting them, since they are smaller than a Tiger P's weakspots, right?
lol 44mm side armor,

Eliminateur #71 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 20:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15719 battles
killjoy, that's your problem for not believing in anything

ArmsAndLegsGuy #72 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 21:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Viktor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming went public right before release on video interview, stating that the Pre-order tanks, the A-32, the PzKpfw V-IV and the M6A2E1, would only be available for sale in the Pre-order packages, and upon release the Pre-order offers would cease.

When the gift-shop was introduced around 7.4 release, the M6A2E1 was available there.
This caused an uproar among all the pre-order buyers that had purchased the Heavy Pre-order package, based on the fact that it would be a super rare tank over time, as stated by Viktor Kislyi.
Something that the marketing staff who had put in the Mutant6 in the Giftshop felt the outcome of, when Viktor found out he had been made to appear as a liar, by their actions.
The M6A2E1 was removed from the giftshop within a couple of hours, and the latest I've heard, the marketing persons responsible for the error has been relocated to the office responsible for promoting Wargaming products in Antartica.

So no, I don't foresee the Mutant6 being sold again, unless there are some more marketing people wishing for an expatriate posting to Antartica.

Edited by ArmsAndLegsGuy, Oct 06 2012 - 21:19.

ArmsAndLegsGuy #73 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 00:40

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostHurlbut, on Oct 05 2012 - 01:59, said:

And what's so special about the Preorder tanks? ONly the fact that they were avialable as Preorders. The tanks themselves were never powerful, we wanted a chance to obtain them since WE ONLY BECAME AWARE OF THE GAME ITSELF AFTER IT ALREADY LAUNCHED! If you wanted badges, you already have one as a Beta Tester.

Also, provide a direct link to a statement by WoT staff that spell out the detail of Preorder Packages. Not quoted, not Hearsay. The source itself.

1:02 - 1:45 in the following video

Hurlbut #74 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 00:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5973 battles
All I got from CC was "you will never ever get this tank in future supporting freeloaders..." -_-

Hurlbut #75 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 03:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5973 battles
Perhap you're not aware, whoever neg rep me, but I am deaf so I was depending on CC or Closed Captioning. What do you think i meant by "All I got from CC..."?

Just4Fun #76 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 16:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 46192 battles

View PostArmsAndLegsGuy, on Oct 06 2012 - 21:19, said:

Viktor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming went public right before release on video interview, stating that the Pre-order tanks, the A-32, the PzKpfw V-IV and the M6A2E1, would only be available for sale in the Pre-order packages, and upon release the Pre-order offers would cease.

When the gift-shop was introduced around 7.4 release, the M6A2E1 was available there.
This caused an uproar among all the pre-order buyers that had purchased the Heavy Pre-order package, based on the fact that it would be a super rare tank over time, as stated by Viktor Kislyi.
Something that the marketing staff who had put in the Mutant6 in the Giftshop felt the outcome of, when Viktor found out he had been made to appear as a liar, by their actions.
The M6A2E1 was removed from the giftshop within a couple of hours, and the latest I've heard, the marketing persons responsible for the error has been relocated to the office responsible for promoting Wargaming products in Antartica.

So no, I don't foresee the Mutant6 being sold again, unless there are some more marketing people wishing for an expatriate posting to Antartica.

relocated to the office responsible for promoting Wargaming products in Antartica.   

LMAO!!!!!!

KilljoyCutter #77 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles
It's like every decision that guy makes is the wrong one.  Oh well.

Tishler #78 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 7194 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostHurlbut, on Oct 07 2012 - 00:44, said:

All I got from CC was "you will never ever get this tank in future supporting freeloaders..." -_-
I think Youtube's CC stuff is messing up because of his accent. For example, it mistakes 'preorders' for 'freeloaders.' He does say it won't be available, though. Here's my attempt at transcribing from ~1:05 to ~1:35:

[Interviewer asks what the preorders get]
"There is certain percentages of discount for each preorder package. Well, it's nice to have discount, and there is a special tank for each of those preorder packages and you will never ever get this tank in the future. So only preoders (those people who preodered) will get those, a couple of different levels of those tanks and they will not be available after the release."

Edited by Tishler, Oct 07 2012 - 20:21.

PrototypeRewired #79 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles
"if" i had known the game existed back when it was first released, i would have shelled out the 90 bucks......It's not entirly fair ( nothing is in life ) that players who werent aware of the games existance, will never have a chance to own one of these, beutifull "mutant 6's"
If put out for re-sale ever id go as far as to throw 90 at it, just as it would be for pre order price, but only including the tank...This statement goes for all pre order or retail tanks.

Just4Fun #80 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 01:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 46192 battles
There are so many Topics on the This in the Forums, its not Funny...

The sad part is that many have sold their tanks soon after...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users