T-25 Medium tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

Gatomon #1 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 06:14

Captain

• Players
  • 17422 battles
Now that the PZ4 has taken a big hit in the gun and other places one has to look to finding another nice tank to fill the gap. Now you can get the T-25 premium tank at anytime from the store or even on sale with free gold at times from the gift shop. It was my first purchase with premium gold when I got the game before I realized what premium did. I still run my T-25 every day.

Lets take a good look at the German T-25!

Posted Image

You can see its sloped armor very much like the Russian tank of the era. Germany instead of producing it went to the Panther tank instead. I'm certain this little tank would have been one huge pain the the butt to the Allies had it been made. The Panther was of course a better all around tank for sure.
It has 610 Hit points. The same as the Ram II American and more than the M4. Granted the Russian Matilda and Churchill have more armor they are much slower and less maneuverable. Armor wise in your T-25 it's best to face an opponent of your tier angling your armor. Don't sit there shooting because your going to die!
Armor: of 50/45/20 Front/ sides/rear
Turret is 60/60/35
Shell damage is plenty good with 83-138 Standard damage
Penetration of 87-145
14 rounds a min

Posted Image

Now the T-25 is not a rocket ship or a speedy skateboard that can turn on a dime like a Russian T-50. It can reach speeds of 60 Km/h. This can be a great boon and also one huge problem when your running ahead of your help.
Now one thing that needs improvement is your View range! At 320 its mighty low. A good crew can make that up. You also can help with Add ons also.
The T-25 has a good radio with 710 signal range which makes it a good scout at times.
You have a crew of 5 and with a good selection of skills you can really make the tank great.
Right now I run a Gun Rammer
Spall liner (I like to ram others)
Camno net. (Hiding in the weeds does help at times)

SimTim #2 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 06:16

Captain

• Players
  • 6849 battles

View PostGatomon, on Oct 01 2012 - 06:14, said:

Now that the PZ4 has taken a big hit in the gun and other places one has to look to finding another nice tank to fill the gap. Now you can get the T-25 premium tank at anytime from the store or even on sale with free gold at times from the gift shop. It was my first purchase with premium gold when I got the game before I realized what premium did. I still run my T-25 every day.

Lets take a good look at the German T-25!

Posted Image

You can see its sloped armor very much like the Russian tank of the era. Germany instead of producing it went to the Panther tank instead. I'm certain this little tank would have been one huge pain the the butt to the Allies had it been made. The Panther was of course a better all around tank for sure.
It has 610 Hit points. The same as the Ram II American and more than the M4. Granted the Russian Matilda and Churchill have more armor they are much slower and less maneuverable. Armor wise in your T-25 it's best to face an opponent of your tier angling your armor. Don't sit there shooting because your going to die!
Armor: of 50/45/20 Front/ sides/rear
Turret is 60/60/35
Shell damage is plenty good with 83-138 Standard damage
Penetration of 87-145
14 rounds a min

Posted Image

Now the T-25 is not a rocket ship or a speedy skateboard that can turn on a dime like a Russian T-50. It can reach speeds of 60 Km/h. This can be a great boon and also one huge problem when your running ahead of your help.
Now one thing that needs improvement is your View range! At 320 its mighty low. A good crew can make that up. You also can help with Add ons also.
The T-25 has a good radio with 710 signal range which makes it a good scout at times.
You have a crew of 5 and with a good selection of skills you can really make the tank great.
Right now I run a Gun Rammer
Spall liner (I like to ram others)
Camno net. (Hiding in the weeds does help at times)

Ram-II is better, sorry for my Canadian bias.

A_Defenseless_Kitten #3 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 06:18

Major

• Players
  • 23442 battles
  • [RMADA] RMADA
I use wet ammo rack vents and rammer for mine, T-25 tends to have a broken ammo rack per game

only down side is that slow trav and aim time

Edited by ponyking, Oct 01 2012 - 06:24.

Gatomon #4 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 06:38

Captain

• Players
  • 17422 battles
When running your T-25 you have to remember that is still is fast. Getting to an advantage point is nice. This fight I got right up at the end of the hill and caught a M-18 as he came around the bend.  I ended up killing him with the help of the Tier 6 American medium that came with me. I then moved to a better spot and started sniping at the other team at the houses. I hit them all.
We then advanced to the bridge and crossed to find 5 heavies waiting up on the ridge. Still I managed to damage more and in the process lost in order. Gunner, Commander, Radio man. I used my magical First aid kit and revived my Commander and shot more before the tier 7 T-29 ate me for lunch.

Posted Image

Now I did loose this fight but you can see from the stats that I made good money and did lots of damage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now you can see that even with the tier 7's you still can be very effective if your careful and use cover wisely. I also got another
Sniper badge from this fight.

Gatomon #5 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 07:43

Captain

• Players
  • 17422 battles
Again being careful and picking a good spot is pretty important in a fight with a T-25. Here I sniped and did well even if my team was doing the Phail dance all around me. I still managed to get 3 kills and lots of damage.
Posted Image

The very next fight I was finally in one of my own Tier! This was one epic fight and at first my team had 3 tanks in a clan play Cho-Cho pushing each other. I wisely ran way off to the side of the clown express and picked off all the tanks they lit up as they died! Sadly, I messed up going after the arty piece I hurt. He was waiting for me around the bend and killed me ending my hopes of being top gun for the fight. It still was pretty epic for me  even with my death in the fight.

Posted Image

slenderfungus #6 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 21:36

Major

• Players
  • 34706 battles
I just recently got the T-25 and run my former Panzer IV crew on it, which I had retrained on my E-50 prior to the nerf.  I am running Vents, Rammer and Enhanced Gun Laying Drive on mine and it is a perfect better-than-the-8.0 Panzer IV replacement in my opinion.  My crew which is at 375% has BIA and Repair on all crew members, which seems to help the tank quite a bit.  In addition to other various perks and skills for the crew, my loader has the Safe Stowage perk and I haven't been racked once in it so far.  I wasn't sure I would like this tank when I got it, but I am really glad I did, it has been one of the funner ones for me to play.

lostwingman #7 Posted Oct 01 2012 - 21:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20342 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSimTim, on Oct 01 2012 - 06:16, said:

Ram-II is better, sorry for my Canadian bias.
Enjoy being useless when your not a top tank.

Tishler #8 Posted Oct 03 2012 - 03:31

Major

• Players
  • 7176 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
This really seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it kind of tank. Personally, I love it.

OP, one thing you forgot to mention is the great gun depression. This tank is perfect for zipping up a hill, firing a few rounds with only the turret exposed and then reversing and relocating before you start taking return fire.

Edited by Tishler, Oct 03 2012 - 20:42.

Sumireko #9 Posted Oct 03 2012 - 16:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24698 battles
  • [BAC] BAC
I LOVE THIS TANK :D

I haven't played it much recently, too busy leveling up the rest of the German tree, but every time i pick it up I enjoy it :D.

I'm actually happy when i see one on the battlefield, I only hope they are enjoying theirs as much as I do.

BlasFemy #10 Posted Oct 03 2012 - 17:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36728 battles
Out of all my tanks, this one is still my favorite. I run Enhanced Gun Layer, Rammer, And VStab. I actually have been able to hit targets while running at top speed. I was as suprised as they were, especially the SU85B that I one-shotted at top speed. :Smile_veryhappy:

USMCG_Range #11 Posted Oct 03 2012 - 23:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5415 battles
wow good job, but my t25 is junk now.. RNG hates my account. couldnt even pen a kv today even in the engine,side, turret  just was bounce, pen no damage, wasted about 9rds and boom i was dead and dont forget the a20 that bounced 3 shells off it ...  a ram2 is better anymore    the shell nerf really hurt this tank, i use to like it   but its not even worth the space anymore  seems like the armor is even more soft on it too  funny how that is casue i thought all slope armor got a buff

Fatee #12 Posted Oct 04 2012 - 08:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4402 battles
Posted Image

Edited by Fatee, Oct 04 2012 - 08:49.

Fatee #13 Posted Oct 04 2012 - 08:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4402 battles
Posted Image

Fatee #14 Posted Oct 04 2012 - 09:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4402 battles
Posted ImagePosted Image

Tenente #15 Posted Oct 04 2012 - 23:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 8717 battles

View Postjwagess, on Oct 03 2012 - 17:34, said:

Out of all my tanks, this one is still my favorite. I run Enhanced Gun Layer, Rammer, And VStab. I actually have been able to hit targets while running at top speed. I was as suprised as they were, especially the SU85B that I one-shotted at top speed. :Smile_veryhappy:
VStab in the T-25??? LOL...only in your dreams.

KaiserChuck #16 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 10:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 11033 battles
Great trainer for German medium crews, always felt a bit like a Sherman to me.  Best gun depression you can get in a panzer, very fast in a straight line (that's forward AND backwards, this thing hauls reverse ass), excellent ROF, enough armor slope to bounce one important shot a match with some observant angling.

58% Win Rate
124 Games
143 Kills
73% Hit Ratio

It's also a good earner for its' tier.

Edit: I run Vents, Rammer, GLD.  Toyed with 100 oct gasoline but it didn't make enough of a difference to allow for a more aggressive playstyle; I just use repair/medkit/extinguisher and play support.

Edited by KaiserChuck, Oct 06 2012 - 10:35.

destruya #17 Posted Oct 06 2012 - 11:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7977 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
65.2% win rate in mine, nearing 200 battles.  Love the thing.

yte73 #18 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 01:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 8590 battles
After reading this topic i decided to buy one while it is half price 750 gold, in my opinion probalby the best premium to buy atm for value for money have only had a couple games in it so far but it is a impressive little tank, will need a couple hundred games in her first to form a solid opinion.

Cheers yte73 :)

Baron_de_Pencier #19 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 05:29

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3407 battles
Every time I drive this thing I'm reminded of the T49. Let's compare them shall we?

Good top speed? Check.
Thin, sloped armour? Check.
Accurate, fast-firing but not overly powerful 75mm gun? Check.
Poor turning rate? Check.
Poor turret rotation? Check.
Excellent gun depression? Check.

Yeaaaaaah, they're basically the same vehicle. This is a very good thing.

Gatomon #20 Posted Oct 07 2012 - 07:45

Captain

• Players
  • 17422 battles
I still keep playing this tank every day! Now this is not the greatest win I've had but it was rather epic being the new Susidemakova with the you fight for the cap in the center. I went full speed down to the end building and sat inside it. From there I could cover part of the cap and the other side. I had at least 4 different tanks shooting at me!

Posted Image

Not to shabby! though my hit ratio was not the best for my normal average. The gun still peens tier 6's well.

Posted Image

Again not the greatest but I'm the only tier 5 to survive the fight! And yes I had the snot beat out of me! Six hits all in the turret!
If you look closely you can actually see them all!

Posted Image

This shows the results of duking it out with the KV1S and being the winner. That wall I sat behind saved my butt!  The tank took a beating and still survived to get
cap points.

Edited by Gatomon, Oct 07 2012 - 07:49.