• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

EPICANDY0131 #41 Posted Jun 04 2013 - 00:26

Major

• Players
  • 31047 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostKellkore, on Nov 25 2012 - 04:01, said:

Yes, it does seem that most if not all the advantages of the German vehicles have been made mute.  Take for instance the Tiger, Tier 7, it's armor is penetrated more often than anything.  The top tier gun seems underpowered, bouncing off even Tier 5.  I feel they don't get the respect from the developers much, maybe because their German Tanks?  And no one wants to think that the Germans might be good at tank development.   There, I vented.
The tiger has 203 pen

either you cant aim, or you are using HE...
You cant bounce a tier 5 sherman at head on, point blank range... unless its 70 deg or more...

EPICANDY0131 #42 Posted Jun 04 2013 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 31047 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Postrayman49, on Feb 18 2013 - 18:10, said:

There is none, the armor is just far to weak at that tier.

Make the opponent shoot at it 70 deg

Watch the Armor pen mechanics video in the Media section...

Mike400f #43 Posted Jun 08 2013 - 12:00

Private

• Players
  • 1960 battles
I have an is and I've been contemplating the is-3 with the bl-9 gun. Is the is3 worth the grind? I have the t34 premium but I'm not too good using it, or I just seem to get bad numbers and low pen results and have issues with handling the manoeuvrability.

hiurded69 #44 Posted Jun 11 2013 - 00:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8476 battles

View Postedward99999, on Dec 31 2012 - 12:33, said:

Heres a small guide on HT's. Hope u learn a thing or two! P.S. because i have only about 3 HT's, (or used to) this guide will be so under detailed im not sure if u will learn anything...HT's are the big boys. The dangerous tanks on the field. Most hp in the game. BUT the second powerfullest guns. HT's are good as a second line of attack, destroying any crippled but not finished tanks within seconds, no mercy! But they are slow, making them vulnerable to arty. The best heavies are the chinese, russians and german, since they all have good guns. (this is being built up based on ingame experiences, so dont comment on this yet)

1.They have 3rd most powerful gun for thier tier(1.spg 2.td 3.Ht)Also some medium have heavy tank guns like the chinese 121 that have the is4 gun.The british heavy line until conquer all have medium tank guns.

2.The russain,chinese,french,american high tier heavy are fast

hiurded69 #45 Posted Jun 11 2013 - 00:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8476 battles

View PostPrium, on Apr 23 2013 - 23:45, said:

yeah and let's put all the good stuff that was never planned for that tank, INTO that tank. Engine was the historically planned, so is the armor and gun too, and does great on the game, so don't hate the game, hate the gamerIf that really bothers you, it,s because you are not enjoying the T-29. I know that the amount of XP needed for the T32 is too damn high (I'm still grinding my T-29), but I don't really care, as I enjoy a lot playing with my T-29

there 2 versions of the lowe the 1 we have is a mixed of the two.the up coming lowe that ia a cw prize is a actual 1

carbonbased #46 Posted Jun 18 2013 - 23:05

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 8543 battles

View Postedward99999, on Dec 31 2012 - 12:33, said:

Heres a small guide on HT's. Hope u learn a thing or two! P.S. because i have only about 3 HT's, (or used to) this guide will be so under detailed im not sure if u will learn anything...

HT's are the big boys. The dangerous tanks on the field. Most hp in the game. BUT the second powerfullest guns. HT's are good as a second line of attack, destroying any crippled but not finished tanks within seconds, no mercy! But they are slow, making them vulnerable to arty. The best heavies are the chinese, russians and german, since they all have good guns. (this is being built up based on ingame experiences, so dont comment on this yet)

I know you said not to comment, but i'm going to anyway. I just want to agree and disagree on what you said. It's true that having a relaible gun is very important, but at the same time, it's not the only factor. Germans heavies do not have "good" guns. Then guns on the german heavies have good alpha damage and decent accuracy, but thats about it. The worst thing about the german guns on the heavies is they lack penetration, the 128mm penetrates around 247mm on average ( i might be slightly off) while the E100 big gun penetrates around 232mm on average (once again, i might be slightly off). Compared to other tier x heavies' guns, who has penetration values close to 270mm ( with exception of IS7's gun which has 260mm of penetration), german heavies' guns are under penetrating. And yes, most heavies are meant for the support role, but not all. Some heavies actually excell at being frontline tanks, examples: t110E5, IS7 and E100 at times. Also, I don't believe in "best" heavies, but if I did, i would definitley leave the chinese tier x heavy out and replace it with the French AMX 50B or the American tier x autoloader due to the lack of gun depression and hull armour on the chinese heavy. Russian and German tier x heavies would remain on my top three simply because I believe that the IS7 is one of the most well balanced tier x heavies when it comes to the gun, armour and manuverbility, (IS4 coming in at a close second) and the armour on the german heavies are impenetrable at times if played correctly, not to mention that they all have large health pools.

Folkisher #47 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 18:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 27154 battles
  • [RNSTR] RNSTR

View PostMike400f, on Jun 08 2013 - 12:00, said:

I have an is and I've been contemplating the is-3 with the bl-9 gun. Is the is3 worth the grind? I have the t34 premium but I'm not too good using it, or I just seem to get bad numbers and low pen results and have issues with handling the manoeuvrability.

Folkisher #48 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 18:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 27154 battles
  • [RNSTR] RNSTR
The IS-3 is probably the best  balanced tier 8 heavy that you will get in WOT. The thing to keep in mind is that the IS-8 is one of the least desirable due to poor armor but it is a nescessary evil before the IS-7 which is an excellent tank.

Leo_Omega #49 Posted Jun 26 2013 - 20:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 21345 battles
  • [DABZ] DABZ
this new update nerf heavys as well as arty. Im just a big slopw target in my KV1 for all the lights hidding in the bushes. 8.6 IMO has ruined the fun  and appeal for me to continue on playing, I will check out the other tank game now.

if you feel as I do like my protest page:

https://www.facebook...mp86WeAllHateIt

Inspiration024 #50 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 02:32

Private

• Players
  • 6255 battles
  • [JOAT] JOAT
very upset that my american heavy tier 8 is now twice as expensive.  as being a free user of 2 years now and having spent almost a year saving just for that tank now it will take me another year now to save the other half which i refuse to do now.  i work full time and am a single parent and dont have alot of time to play. thank you wargamng.net for now making it impossible for me to compete as a free user.  you took the fun out of this game for me now and i will be deleting. please pull your head out of your butt and think of the free users.

arn0ldschwarzenegger #51 Posted Jun 27 2013 - 02:49

Private

• Players
  • 96 battles
There should be a SUPER HEAVY :trollface:What i want in the game is the p1000.(link-->http://t3.gstatic.co...YZctqzgKIrIPh3O) Plus it is unlocked when you get to the end of the us heavy line.

BlitsKrieg_Drei #52 Posted Jun 28 2013 - 20:51

Private

• Players
  • 2918 battles

View PostMagnumopus, on Dec 18 2012 - 19:15, said:

Can I have either my money or exp. back?   I have played for awhile now, and my American T110E5 has been reduced to a slow rolling, no armor, long reload, no pen. and if pen. no damage tank.  I pm'd a GM online and no response.  I am sick and tired of the stat mods you give other country's tanks vs American tanks.  If American tanks suck so much how come the US won WWII.  Either refund my money or exp so I can roll a Russian tank which seems to have the uncanny ability to pen any tank in the thickest spots...hmmmm.

The Americans didn't win because they had better tanks, that's a bloody joke. If anything the Russian and German tanks were by far the best. Americans were around the middle. One of the major reasons Hitler lost the war was because all of his tanks costed 5 times more than any other tank in WWII, and just to think that Germany technically took over 3 quarters of the eastern coast is pretty damn good. Like I said Germany lost the war because of Hitler's major fetishes with WMDs and not defense plus his country was by itself near the end of the war.

But one thing I know the most is that the frenchies didn't have tanks at the very beginning ;) if they did then they did little to stop Hitler from taking over France on a weekend.

Fingerblasta #53 Posted Jul 01 2013 - 04:05

Private

• Players
  • 3162 battles

View PostBlitsKrieg_Drei, on Jun 28 2013 - 20:51, said:

But one thing I know the most is that the frenchies didn't have tanks at the very beginning ;) if they did then they did little to stop Hitler from taking over France on a weekend.

The French actually outnumbered German armor something like 3:2 give or take... And that's not including the BEF's Armor. Of which, I know was only a small number by comparison, but still had mediums that were of quality, and a handful or two of Matildas. If you compared the Matilda to the bulk of what made up the Panzer Armies, *aka* Pz 2s, 3s, and 4s czech tanks... it'd be like taking a Sherman against a King Tiger... well if you took away it's 88 lol. French had arguably the greatest number of all-around "better" tanks at the time of The Battle of France. I'm not too sure on numbers exactly, but they had a decent amount of S-35's that were probably the all-around "best" medium tank in the world for that short peroid of time. Plus, those Char B1 Heavy's were like mini-maginoit lines with tracks lol.

Sooooo the reason why Germany "curb stomped" France anyway? Two main reasons, that are pretty much one reason (Tactics) and pretty much sum up the word "Blitzkrieg." One... German's had overwhelming airpower 2:1 I think, and totally outclassed the weeny French Airforce in any which way. And two... The French had their tanks spread out alllll over the place. They didn't know how to utilize them. The French used tanks to support infantry, the German's used infantry to support tanks. The Germans massed their armor together and snuck through the Ardenne's, cut off the Limey's, and completely just "went around" the Maginot line. The French spent something like 10 years and billions on a giant ass defensive line specifically to prevent another German invasion, but because they had counted on a completely broke destroyed by WWI Belgium to build their own half on their border... It actually helped the German's by tying down French forces deployed there.

Silly French lol.

Slash78 #54 Posted Jul 04 2013 - 10:13

Captain

• Players
  • 12011 battles
In any other WW2 based game of any genre that included tanks, the Tiger would be a good tank.  In a WW2 game all about tanks the Tiger would be the second worst Heavy of a full tier lower.  Embarrassing.

Anders02 #55 Posted Jul 04 2013 - 22:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 6754 battles

View PostInspiration024, on Jun 27 2013 - 02:32, said:

very upset that my american heavy tier 8 is now twice as expensive.  as being a free user of 2 years now and having spent almost a year saving just for that tank now it will take me another year now to save the other half which i refuse to do now.  i work full time and am a single parent and dont have alot of time to play. thank you wargamng.net for now making it impossible for me to compete as a free user.  you took the fun out of this game for me now and i will be deleting. please pull your head out of your butt and think of the free users.

I'm a free player and I noticed the same thing. I wasn't happy with it but it's just another challenge to overcome (and I did!!!). You need to grow up, you're a parent. Stop being such a whiner. I also work full time as a single parent. Why don't you just get better at the game?

dvang #56 Posted Jul 11 2013 - 02:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16106 battles

View PostSlash78, on Jul 04 2013 - 10:13, said:

In any other WW2 based game of any genre that included tanks, the Tiger would be a good tank.  In a WW2 game all about tanks the Tiger would be the second worst Heavy of a full tier lower.  Embarrassing.

Historically, a Tiger (Tier 7 heavy tank) was facing Shermans (tier 5) and Churchills (tier 5/6). So, in WoT a Tiger will do pretty well facing Shermans and Churchills.  Also keep in mind that WoT also gives a lot of tanks access to guns that the historical tanks did not. For most of the war, when the Tigers gained their fearsome reputation, M4s only had a 75mm gun. i.e. the stock gun in WoT.  Lastly, this is a game, and not a historical simulation.

jamiepoke1 #57 Posted Jul 11 2013 - 18:49

Private

• Players
  • 9340 battles
The IS-4 needs 160mm of frontal armor.

tooleman6780 #58 Posted Jul 17 2013 - 10:17

Private

• Players
  • 19045 battles
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
Now this goes out to all the cry babies of the super p nerf it has a low pen gun compared to a tier 8 chinese light 100mm. Second the gun needs a big buff it they plan on nerfing the hull armor. Last the t 34 is in need of a nerf ir u ask me it pens the super with ease.

shrubberpa #59 Posted Jul 20 2013 - 18:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 43466 battles
  • [IVI] IVI

View PostAnfield, on Oct 02 2012 - 21:32, said:

For the longest time I've been a defender of the E100 saying it doesn't really need penetration increase, rather than the other "buffs" I would of taken a higher RoF. However, after 8.0 we are now at the point where it can no longer penetrate all tier 10 tanks from the front without super high rng rolls (with 16.5 sec reload that's not reliable). Normalization changes have made it near impossible to pen T110E3/4's lower plate and Maus turrets. I believe the E100 now does require a penetration increase for AP rounds.
feels like your shooting marshmallows

Dragunov7x62 #60 Posted Jul 31 2013 - 21:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 11846 battles
Here's my two cents about T7 gameplay-
T29= :playing:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users