Here's my internal list; does this stack up to yours? I'm genuinely curious, and if I've got this mixed up somehow, that would be a very easy way to improve my gameplay:
Use HE When...
- Your target has an open turrent (many TDs, some others)
- Your target has very low health, and your next shot is do-or-die
- Your AP rounds have a high chance of bouncing in general
- You're trying to track your enemy
- You're trying to interrupt capture points, especially against a heavily armored enemy
- You're driving an SPG
- You can reliably penetrate your target
- You're at long range
This question came into focus recently with the new PZ4. I slapped on its biggest gun, but I'm at a loss as to whether I should be using AP or HE in my day-to-day battles with the thing. I've gotten one-hit kills on targets both ways.
Any thoughts, tips, or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by Crex, Oct 04 2012 - 20:05.