philos philomathic modpack 8.0 world of tanks wot mod pack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Philomathic #41 Posted Oct 11 2012 - 22:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles
Updated to v1.05.
Fixed an error I made, and re-added the Extreme Foliage Remover mod to the pack.

TheRepoMan #42 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 01:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12686 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Suggestion, I would un-link to anything XVM related. As there was a severe case of threads being lock and removed, due to linking to it.

As for links:

Minimap mod here.

"Real Tanker" or Tankamn's Icons here.

Philomathic #43 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostTheRepoMan, on Oct 12 2012 - 01:55, said:

Suggestion, I would un-link to anything XVM related. As there was a severe case of threads being lock and removed, due to linking to it.

As for links:

Minimap mod here.

"Real Tanker" or Tankamn's Icons here.
I greatly appreciate the heads-up on the two links you've provided me. Thank you very much!
I'm not linking to anything that's currently disallowed by WG.
I've heard from a few game-masters, that linking to World of Tanks>Curse Mods is completely okay, as Curse mods are approved, individually,
and that's all I've done.

TheRepoMan #44 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 02:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12686 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostPhilomathic, on Oct 12 2012 - 01:57, said:

I greatly appreciate the heads-up on the two links you've provided me. Thank you very much!
I'm not linking to anything that's currently disallowed by WG.
I've heard from a few game-masters, that linking to World of Tanks>Curse Mods is completely okay, as Curse mods are approved, individually,
and that's all I've done.

.. np

As for the XVM, I had mine linked similarly but it was 'edited' and removed. Just giving you a heads up to avoid the same issues :-)

Yobtar #45 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22389 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View PostTheRepoMan, on Oct 12 2012 - 01:55, said:

As for links:

Minimap mod here.

Minimap mod triggered a Malwarebytes alert after a scan of the file. It has something in it Malwarebytes doesnt agree with.

Philomathic #46 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostYobtar, on Oct 12 2012 - 03:05, said:

Minimap mod triggered a Malwarebytes alert after a scan of the file. It has something in it Malwarebytes doesnt agree with.
What kind of an alert? That's what I'd like to know.
This would be the first time I've ever heard of a "virus" in a .swf file for World of Tanks.
Putting anything suspicious inside of a .swf file would raise red flags to WarGaming, since their database scans all of your mod-files as your game is booting.
Let alone the fact that putting something malicious inside of a .swf file for WoT is nearly impossible.

I use Malwarebytes as well, just scanned it after reading that, and I get no "alert".
Usually when you do get an alert, it tells you what type of alert, and why.

Currently scanning the file with another online virus-scanner, VirusTotal.
Will post results when completed.

File scanned. Everything checks out clean. Not a single red flag, of any sort, from ANY anti-virus program listed, whatsoever.
See the virus-scan results here: https://www.virustot...sis/1350008087/

Yobtar #47 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22389 battles
  • [-_-] -_-
Welllllll it turns out that my non russian reading or speaking brain/hand clicked on the wrong link to download. The correct download link is clean. Sorry for being a dumbass.

Edited by Yobtar, Oct 12 2012 - 03:20.

Philomathic #48 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostYobtar, on Oct 12 2012 - 03:20, said:

Welllllll it turns out that my non russian reading or speaking brain/hand clicked on the wrong link to download. The correct download link is clean. Sorry for being a dumbass.
Lol no problem- what I'd like to know is why there is such a reaction from the readers. Lots of reputation haggling going on.
Sort of unnecessary, but ok.

anonym_WIy6JJAibIOg #49 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
thanks ..I'm good

Steelhorse_Desperado #50 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7908 battles
Thanks for the video.  I've followed (I believe) and after...right click WOT icon, open file, drag n drop, extract here...I have looked for the file to copy to the desktop and I don't see WOT-XVM-PROXY.eve  just WOT-XVM-PROXY.EXE.CONFIG.   Is the second the correct file to copy to desktop and use to launch?  Thanks, Bulldog

Philomathic #51 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostBulldog1981, on Oct 12 2012 - 03:56, said:

Thanks for the video.  I've followed (I believe) and after...right click WOT icon, open file, drag n drop, extract here...I have looked for the file to copy to the desktop and I don't see WOT-XVM-PROXY.eve  just WOT-XVM-PROXY.EXE.CONFIG.   Is the second the correct file to copy to desktop and use to launch?  Thanks, Bulldog
No. The file you're looking for looks similar to WoT's normal icon.
It's just called WOT-XVM-PROXY.exe(it may or may not have the ".exe" at the end of it, depending on your operating system's settings).

It looks like this: Posted Image

If you cannot find it, just open up the ZIP file (ModPack) that you downloaded (should still be in your WoT Directory)- and inside there, you should see the "WOT-XVM-PROXY.exe" file.
Simply drag and drop that into your WoT Install Directory (directly from the inside of the modpack, to the directory).
Once it's in there, copy and paste one from your directory to your desktop, so you have a fast way to launch it.

Steelhorse_Desperado #52 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7908 battles
Thanks, the file without the .exe was there so I've copied that.  Thanks again for the video.  Really helped.  And for the work.  I'm optomistic that I'll get improved game play.  Been struggling with computer issues so my stats really suck, but knowing that I have so many battles where I didn't even get to move my tank before being killed it's no surprise.  I'm expecting better frame rate with the folliage mod?  Thanks again, Cheers, Bulldog

Philomathic #53 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostBulldog1981, on Oct 12 2012 - 04:11, said:

I'm expecting better frame rate with the folliage mod?  Thanks again, Cheers, Bulldog
If there's any change to frame-rate, it should be very minor.
I know I get 3-4 more frames-per-second with this modpack, than I do with stock WoT.

Glad I could help!

mikeownage #54 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14604 battles
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-
Can't find bushes to hide in with this mod pack :(

Philomathic #55 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View Postmikeownage, on Oct 12 2012 - 04:26, said:

Can't find bushes to hide in with this mod pack :(
If you want the entire modpack, but want bushes/trees back;
Simply navigate to your Res_Mods folder, then open the 0.8.0 folder, and delete the folder called "speedtree".
You will now have your trees back, while all the other mods function perfectly :)

Steelhorse_Desperado #56 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7908 battles
get a message box...file not found.  Was I to place/open file in C:games/world of tanks or a sub file like Install?

Philomathic #57 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostBulldog1981, on Oct 12 2012 - 04:39, said:

Was I to place/open file in C:games/world of tanks or a sub file like Install?
Not 100% sure what you mean by that.
If you mean 'were you supposed to place the WOT-XVM-PROXY.exe into your C:/Games/WorldOfTanks folder', yes. You were.
Once it's placed in there, just right click on it, and Send To >Desktop(to create a shortcut that you can easily use).

Upon booting WoT (using the "WOT-XVM-PROXY.exe" shortcut on your desktop), you should see a black DOS-box for about 5-8 seconds, while it connects to the stats database. Don't close it, or else XVM will no longer be running.

Steelhorse_Desperado #58 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 06:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7908 battles
I appologize on the front end for the unending questions and appreciate your continued, though probably running thin, patience.  I've managed,though not sure I can recount fully, to go into the downloaded zip, right click to open, find about 5 files, one of which is the wot-evm-proxy.exe.  Maybe a mistake, but I placed the file inside Gamebooster 3.5....When launching from the icon inside GB I do get the message box when opening and the game loads, I see your footer (nice) but as far as I can go is to the team screen loading (was in Team Training), switches to new (more info) team screen, music then clock ticks but no field of tanks.  I was in similar issue before when whatever I messed with caused it to work, but with black sky.  Dumb I know.  SO I deleted 0.8.0 file and recreated it (thinking I be using it with your install, not the world of tanks\, but in any case....I need direction to a solution.  I guess I should eliminate going through GameBooser first to see if that's playing a part? Though I'd rather make a file change and be able to use that just in case it is helping my fps.

Sorry to be such a pain.  Sending a virtual beer for your trouble.  Bulldog

Edited by Bulldog1981, Oct 12 2012 - 06:46.

Philomathic #59 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 06:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4710 battles

View PostBulldog1981, on Oct 12 2012 - 06:42, said:

I appologize on the front end for the unending questions and appreciate your continued, though probably running thin, patience.  I've managed,though not sure I can recount fully, to go into the downloaded zip, right click to open, find about 5 files, one of which is the wot-evm-proxy.exe.  Maybe a mistake, but I placed the file inside Gamebooster 3.5....When launching from the icon inside GB I do get the message box when opening and the game loads, I see your footer (nice) but as far as I can go is to the team screen loading (was in Team Training), switches to new (more info) team screen, music then clock ticks but no field of tanks.  I was in similar issue before when whatever I messed with caused it to work, but with black sky.  Dumb I know.  SO I deleted 0.8.0 file and recreated it (thinking I be using it with your install, not the world of tanks\, but in any case....I need direction to a solution.  I guess I should eliminate going through GameBooser first to see if that's playing a part? Though I'd rather make a file change and be able to use that just in case it is helping my fps.

Sorry to be such a pain.  Sending a virtual beer for your trouble.  Bulldog
Try doing everything, as instructed in the video, without using gamebooster at all.
I think gamebooster is the problem, and I used to use it as well. I stopped using it when I learned that it does more bad than good.

Steelhorse_Desperado #60 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 07:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7908 battles
K. THanks...I'm working on it best I can.  Uninstalling GB... If I have to i can go to restore point and redownload the zip......and I'm for some reason thinking I extracted your file under C:/games/WorldofTanks/   when perhaps it should be inside the C:/games/WorldofTanks/Installs?  or other yellow folder at the top?

Also tagged with philos, philomathic, modpack, 8.0, world, of, tanks, wot, mod, pack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users