How to fix in game chat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Poll: How to fix in game chat (8 members have cast votes)

Do you like the version of in game chat that I explained in my post?

1. Yes, I think it would work well. (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No, I like in game chat as it is. (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

Ninja__Cat #1 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 00:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Some people prefer the old way of in game chat and some people prefer the new way of in game chat. The new chat has it's advantages, but it also has it's disadvantages being that very often people will type a message 'to all' when they meant to type it 'to team' many times giving away important info that may help the enemy team. Rather than change it back to the old method or have everyone suffer through the new one I suggest taking the benefits of both together and changing the chat system.

From 'To Team' tap tab to switch over to 'To All' for one message. After writing this message it will go back to 'To Team'. Hold down tab for two seconds to switch over to 'To All' for multiple messages until you decide to switch back. From 'To All' tap tab to switch over to 'To Team' for one message. After writing this message it will go back to 'To All'. Hold down tab for two seconds to switch over to 'To Team' for multiple messages until you decide to switch back.

While in a platoon it would be very similar, however from 'To Team' tapping tab will bring you to 'To Platoon' for one message and holding hold tab will bring you to 'To Platoon' for multiple messages. Tapping tab twice will bring you to 'To All' for one message and taping tab once then holding it down will bring you to 'To All' for multiple messages. From 'To Platoon' you will go first to 'To Team' then to 'To All'. From 'To All' you will go to 'To Platoon' then to 'To Team'. The logic in this being that while talking within 'To Team' you will most likely want to talk to your platoon more often than you would to everyone, while in 'To Platoon' you would wan to talk to your team more often than to everybody, and while in 'To All' you would most like want to talk to your platoon more often than too your team. Also while in a platoon when you start a match you would already be in 'To Platoon' because out of the three that is most likely the one people will want to be in when they start while in a platoon.

By the way if this in any way does not make sense please ask me a question about it and I will try to further explain before you vote on weather or not you like the version of chat I've described.

mereelskirata #2 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 00:35

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Or another way would be to give the player the choice to turn off the sticky chat. 1+ as it is a pretty good idea though.

never mind out of 1+'s....

Edited by mereelskirata, Oct 12 2012 - 00:35.

Ninja__Cat #3 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 05:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postmereelskirata, on Oct 12 2012 - 00:35, said:

Or another way would be to give the player the choice to turn off the sticky chat.

That was my initial idea, but then I figured why not have the best of both versions which is why I came up with the version above.

Sabot19 #4 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 06:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I would honestly like to see cross-team chat disabled as soon as the countdown timer hits 0. It serves no purpose during the battle :)

BrotherBaldrick #5 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 10:01

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSabot19, on Oct 12 2012 - 06:10, said:

I would honestly like to see cross-team chat disabled as soon as the countdown timer hits 0. It serves no purpose during the battle :)
I'll second that

jsnazz #6 Posted Oct 12 2012 - 10:07

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
i love the current setting. Just pay attention to the green or white text to see if u r typing team or public