Isreali Tank Tree & Equipment Discussion...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Vollketten #61 Posted Jul 29 2013 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 24310 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS

View PostIndygoEEI, on Oct 15 2012 - 19:04, said:

Posted Image
Who the hell welded those boxes; Stevie Wonder?

Seriously though I would like to see a full representation of Israeli vehicles as a branch line of the EU tree. Good work. +1

Trophy_Wench #62 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 04:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7189 battles
Iraqi T-55 Command tank. Commonly referred to as "Enigma". The Boxes are all Applique armor with multiple plates of spaced armor inside of them. Crude, but (supposedly) effective. Some of them may have even been filled with concrete as additional protective measures, or so I've heard.

Vollketten #63 Posted Jul 30 2013 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 24310 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS

View PostTrophy_Wench, on Jul 30 2013 - 04:30, said:

Iraqi T-55 Command tank. Commonly referred to as "Enigma". The Boxes are all Applique armor with multiple plates of spaced armor inside of them. Crude, but (supposedly) effective. Some of them may have even been filled with concrete as additional protective measures, or so I've heard.
Yeah I have seen that type of home-made armour before on one at Bovington. It would have had an effect on HESH and HE rounds, but absolutely no effect (negligible as to be effectively zero) on a DU penetrator. Filling them with concrete would actually make them worse in many regards.

I actually find the thought process on the rear armoured boxes quite clever though.

Waelwulf #64 Posted Aug 09 2013 - 20:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4354 battles
+1

Having studied the IDF hardware and tactics as part of my armoured training... well a while ago... I'd actually really like to see this line introduced, particularly if/when WoT starts going beyond the WWII timeframe.

IndygoEEI #65 Posted Aug 20 2013 - 06:00

Major

• Players
  • 24604 battles
  • [PUPEH] PUPEH
Update:

Been lazy and busy.  Had to move again and I've just gotten at least somewhat comfortable.  It looks
like the TD section will have to go into heavy revision past tier 5.  Since AMX 105 is too OP for being
a light or even a med, I think reassigning to tier 10 will help with this issue.  Tier changes will be
adjusted as needed.

Also via FTR, the Isreali (Conflict) tree has been announced as "planned" so cross your fingers.
Interestingly, the captured IS3 is a definite go for a premium.  It is actually not stock and modified.

View PostNick3069, on Jul 29 2013 - 03:00, said:

More For the Record news:

I'm a bit disappointed about Ti-67, but I'm pretty sure it's mainly because of the timeline and the
fact that there may be an issue with how strong the base armor is.  However it's still possible to
see the Tiran series popup if properly adjusted.  Even 5 is good at tier 10, but we'll see what
happens on the dev end.  The Medium tree is actually very solid.  The SPG tree will be too.

andersonbc #66 Posted Aug 21 2013 - 11:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18763 battles
  • [ACEBR] ACEBR
Just no. Make it and i will leave this game.

PzBarkhorn #67 Posted Aug 21 2013 - 14:56

Captain

• Players
  • 15363 battles
  • [PZKMR] PZKMR
At least China had some tank projetcs of their own at some point between the time period in wich the game's tanks are placed. Israeli tanks, until the Merkava, where all adapted from foreign equipment in use on the IDF. Add one or two of them (this sweet Sherman with 105mm gun, for example) as Premium on the Pan-Euro tree, and it will be more than perfect.

Trophy_Wench #68 Posted Aug 23 2013 - 04:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7189 battles

View PostIndygoEEI, on Aug 20 2013 - 06:00, said:

Update:

Been lazy and busy.  Had to move again and I've just gotten at least somewhat comfortable.  It looks
like the TD section will have to go into heavy revision past tier 5.  Since AMX 105 is too OP for being
a light or even a med, I think reassigning to tier 10 will help with this issue.  Tier changes will be
adjusted as needed.

Also via FTR, the Isreali (Conflict) tree has been announced as "planned" so cross your fingers.
Interestingly, the captured IS3 is a definite go for a premium.  It is actually not stock and modified.

I like your idea Indygo, I really do. Have you ever considered (or perhaps you saw this) an idea that I pass around not too long ago?
http://forum.worldof...what-they-want/

Disclaimer: Apparently most people upon reading this don't seem to understand that what I mean is that in paying money you simply unlock a tech tree that you grind like any other. Not you get all the tanks all at once.