T32 is Crap

Its ageed after 200 battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

cmdrnarrain #1 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27464 battles
After close to 200 battles with the T32 I can honestly say it is total and complete crap.  Below are points of reference for the unbelievers,

1.    Accuracy – the top tie cannon has louse accuracy.    You are forced to aim for the center mass of every tank in order to have a chance to hit at anything other than point blank.   You cannot aim at weak spots because you will not hit it.

2.    Penetration – the gun is incapable of penetrating other Tier 8 heavies from the front and it will have a hard time penning the side Tier 9-10 heavies.   It will be very common to bounce every other shot, assuming you hit.  You will lose a lot of silver because your shots are 1k a piece.

3.    Hull Armor – cannot be depended on.  Most tier 6 and above tanks can pen your hull from the front.  The only tank which can’t is another T32.   It is not uncommon to be one shot from Tier 6 and above arty.  

4.    Turret Armor – is no longer shot proof.  Count on losing the gun to every other shot to the turret.

5.    Tracks – count on losing them a lot.  They also take a long time fix even with 100% repair.

6.    Slow Speed – the tank is slow.  Arty loves slow targets.

The forums want you to believe that hull down and face hugging are the ways to go with this tank.  Those statements are complete and total nonsense.  Trying to perform either of them will result in your speedy death.   Case in point, hull down – sitting still in this tank will get you killed by arty.  No arty, hull down is still a bad option because you will not be able to pen them either.  Sooner a later you will lose the gun and they will drive down your throat.   Face-hugging, is not a completely terrible idea.  You will find it is not a instance win as some have claimed but it will allow you to do more damage than you receive in some cases.   Generally, only face hug alone lower tier tanks.  It should not be used as a general tactic, remember you are slow and are easy to pen. and track which means you will never make it.

Tactics that work with the tank.  Always find a bigger meaner buddy and tag team the enemy.  Never go it alone.  You are required to use teamwork to an extreme with this tank.  Try to finish off cripples to prevent that extra shot to your buddy.  Your gun will work on Meds for the most part, use it to keep your buddies flank clear.  Always, flank.   If you are trading shots from the front, back-up and find a different angle but keep in support range of your buddy.

It took me 200 battles to earn enough exp. to get to the next level without using free exp. and without a premium acct for most it.   Two hundred god awful, wasteful battles which were zero fun.  I wish you all better luck.  

IMA_RANDOM_BAD_PLAYER_GG #2 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 39174 battles
sounds like you have a bad crew or don't wait for you to let it aim.

otakuben #3 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 12347 battles
o_o No

Lucyfur #4 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27034 battles
  • [TKO] TKO
I am just shy of 64% in over 350 games on my T32.  You are doing it wrong.

Nosjack #5 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9794 battles
If you can't pen a King Tiger or IS-3 from the front then it's not the tanks fault...

You have to angle your armor for the hull to bounce anything of substantial size.

The speed is adequate IMO, when coupled with the good armor and pretty good gun.

Mow_Mow #6 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12058 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Try getting closer and aiming for weak points. The T32's gun is just fine for hitting weak spots. Stop sniping, you are not a Tiger II.

akoaih #7 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:11

Captain

• Players
  • 27603 battles
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the T32.  I still have mine and occasionally drive it for old time's sake.  It's still fun, even just a few days ago.

itsCyberWolf #8 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:20

Captain

• Players
  • 8664 battles
At first i didn't like the T32 due to what i felt was low penetration for a tier 8 gun but the sad truth is that i have penned more tanks with the 105mm then i have with the BL-9 on the IS-3. After i have gotten used to how the T32 plays i prefer it over the IS-3, as a matter of a fact i sold my fully upgraded IS-3 and it's equipment to get the T32 again. I've been having a lot more fun since i did that and since i feel like the T110E5 is the most balanced tier 10 (from experience playing on the test servers) and the fact that it looks much better thats more then enough fuel to make me grind through the T32. I'm at 50k or more exp and continuing the grind without much effort!

My suggestion is have a few friends get their tier 8 tanks out, go into a training room and play with the tank until you get a feel for how it plays then you'll do fine with it. At first i was nothing more then a meat puppet with mine but now i'm perfectly capable of holding off 4-5 enemies at a time with mine.

LordVigo #9 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:20

Private

• Players
  • 10425 battles
  • [PINK] PINK
I hated my T32 up to the second turret. After that things got alot better, and it has no problem bouncing face shots from tier 10s. The biggest drawback i've found to it is the overall size of the beast (makes it hard to hull down on city maps) and the gun seems a tad underpowerd for the tier. It pens ok.. ish.. but seems to lack the dmg capacity to excell in the high end matches it gets placed in.

Edited by LordVigo, Oct 15 2012 - 20:24.

Panzerstecher #10 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 20:33

Captain

• Players
  • 19910 battles
  • [MARVN] MARVN
The T32 used to be a monster tank hull down...it could dig in like a tick and be a SOB to kill.  Now that the gun has really bad accuracy at .41, its nowhere near the great defender tank that it was.  I ended up selling mine because it was so horrible in the accuracy department, even with a 380% crew.

DestrosFist #11 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 21:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15865 battles
I actually can understand your frustration with this tank to some degree.  
To be honest at 200 battles I still hated it too.  
I'm just under 300 at 293 and am determined to get it up to at least 55% win rate before I sell it (If I do).
I am currently even at 144 wins and 144 losses, but on the upswing and the tank is fully researched with a crew that nearly has 2 perks fully trained.

It is a tough tank to figure out:  The gun is O.K. for it's tier - does seem a bit under powered, though and not the best accuracy.
It has great frontal turret armor, which is effective in a hull down position, but the hatch is still easy to pen so I move back and forth when re-loading to make it a harder target to hit.
The hull is soft and seems to be penned by just about anything.  Even the front, which has a severe slope and is up to 127mm is easy to pen. Angling the hull, if exposed is the only thing you can do.  Use terrain, dead tanks, etc. to hide the hull.

Where the tank is particularly weak IMO:  In addition to being easy to pen in the hull, the thing is slow and does not maneuver well.  Particularly in close up duels where it can be easily flanked.  In the battles I lose I find that I am often the last tank on my team and have to fight til the bitter end as this thing is not going to make it back to either base to defend or cap unless your right there.

It is a tank where you are dependent on your team, which is frustrating in pubs and I think accounts for my poor W/L rate in it so far.

What I do to alleviate this is to play somewhat passively in that I will find the bigger grouping on my team and stick with that group for best survive ability and try to keep that group moving.

My survival rate is O.K. in it at 39%, and I have 408 kills in 293 battles (not great for me, but like everything else with this tank, O.K.) with only 4 Top Guns.

For crew training I have for the commander Jack of All Trades and Mentor.
For rest of crew Repairs and Dead Eye, Clutch Breaking, Relaying, Situational Awareness, and Safe Stowage, respectively.
I will probably go for Brothers in Arms next, but I think I will transfer this crew to my M103 (which I have, but have not used yet).

I am determined to get this tank figured out and get the win rate up to 55% before I sell it.

I am on most evenings lately (West Coast) and am happy to platoon with you if you want.

GL HF

Thilix #12 Posted Oct 15 2012 - 21:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5848 battles

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 15 2012 - 20:00, said:

After close to 200 battles with the T32 I can honestly say it is total and complete crap.  Below are points of reference for the unbelievers,

1.    Accuracy – the top tie cannon has louse accuracy. You are forced to aim for the center mass of every tank in order to have a chance to hit at anything other than point blank.   You cannot aim at weak spots because you will not hit it.

2.    Penetration – the gun is incapable of penetrating other Tier 8 heavies from the front and it will have a hard time penning the side Tier 9-10 heavies.   It will be very common to bounce every other shot, assuming you hit.  You will lose a lot of silver because your shots are 1k a piece.

3.    Hull Armor – cannot be depended on.  Most tier 6 and above tanks can pen your hull from the front.  The only tank which can’t is another T32.   It is not uncommon to be one shot from Tier 6 and above arty.  

4.    Turret Armor – is no longer shot proof.  Count on losing the gun to every other shot to the turret.

5.    Tracks – count on losing them a lot.  They also take a long time fix even with 100% repair.

The forums want you to believe that hull down and face hugging are the ways to go with this tank.  Those statements are complete and total nonsense.  Trying to perform either of them will result in your speedy death.   Case in point, hull down – sitting still in this tank will get you killed by arty.  No arty, hull down is still a bad option because you will not be able to pen them either.  Sooner a later you will lose the gun and they will drive down your throat.   Face-hugging, is not a completely terrible idea.  You will find it is not a instance win as some have claimed but it will allow you to do more damage than you receive in some cases.   Generally, only face hug alone lower tier tanks.  It should not be used as a general tactic, remember you are slow and are easy to pen. and track which means you will never make it.

Tactics that work with the tank.  Always find a bigger meaner buddy and tag team the enemy.  Never go it alone.  You are required to use teamwork to an extreme with this tank.  Try to finish off cripples to prevent that extra shot to your buddy.  Your gun will work on Meds for the most part, use it to keep your buddies flank clear.  Always, flank.   If you are trading shots from the front, back-up and find a different angle but keep in support range of your buddy.

It took me 200 battles to earn enough exp. to get to the next level without using free exp. and without a premium acct for most it.   Two hundred god awful, wasteful battles which were zero fun.  I wish you all better luck.  

I love my T32, I've actually torn through the exp to get to the next tier fairly fast for a casual player.  I find its dependent on who I'm playing with.  If I'm on a team that lets me get flanked its GG all over, but I've been in games where I've held an entire Flank by myself taking out 3-4 tanks before finally being destroyed.

1.  I've never had that much issue with Accuracy.  Granted I have a 100% crew working on their second skill now.
2.  I rarely seem to lose money on this unless I just get completely roflstomped.  If I'm stuck firing dead on at a tank and can't get to the side I swap to HE and try, barring that I go for tracks to keep them from moving while other flank it. Even then I've gone toe to toe with a Super Pershing and thanks to dead eye walked away after killing it or crippling it completely.
3.  Yeah. . . Just like the T29 you have to be careful with your hull it's all about going hull down, with the 2nd turret you're a lot harder to damage when Hulled down but it still possible. Leading to . . .
4.  Yeah you're not invincible but I can count the number of times my gun has been damaged/destroyed in 107 games I've played on my two hands.  It's not a biggie, it's why you carry a repair kit.  Which leads to
5.  Yeah you're going to get tracked, yeah your going to die horribly sometimes but that's also why you have repair kits.  Sometimes you're going to use them and instantly be tracked again.  Been there. Done that. Have the shirt.  But its part of playing a game against people who know your weaknesses.
6.  Slow?  Not really.  Slow is the Super Pershing, or the Lowe.  It's not the greatest speed but it has enough that you can make fairly quick jumps between cover.

If the T32 isn't your style of play swap to something else, If you're wanting super accuracy go to the German line.  If you're wanting speed, Russian and French tanks are there.  Personally I love my T32 and Will end up keeping it around to play on once I finish my exp grind to Tier 9.

ilanima4 #13 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 09:08

Private

• Players
  • 2612 battles
agree man, I hate my T32 too

because its weapon just follow the T29 gun, and its mostly cant pen tank tier 8-9s
I'am very disappointed, and almost every player in each battle said that T32 IS A CRAP

then, I try to see the tech tree or research in this T32 line, and I found M103, and M103 has 2 weapon which are 120mm [forget the name and the type]
there's a 3 weapon, 1 stock, and 120mm first level and 120mm second level

I just imagined that first level of 120mm on that M103, transfered into T32's gun? so, when we reach the M103 no need to research first level anymore

in other way, if that first level of 120mm transfered on T32, I think T32 will be the most dangerous tank, with high speed, untouchable turret, and low armor [I think]
and, if that weapon can transfered into that T32, every player no need to say "T32 IS A CRAP" again, huh?
and we know that T32 is a tier 8, then there will be tier 5[arty] tier6[heavies] tier7 tier 8 tier 9 and tier 10 each battle right?
then, who could interest if that T32 only a CRAP in each battle if they cant pen it NORMALLY
and I think that T32 is an ABNORMAL tank
and this tier 8 tank, havent tier 9 gun
and the other tier 8 tank, always have tier 9 gun

so suck and so greedy
I'll be very pleased and thank you, if developer considering my suggestion

ilanima4 - 505PB

Gasboy #14 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 12:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12876 battles
The T32 is a decent tank.  Yes it can be a pain damaging some of the tier 10 tanks, but the T32 is capable of penetrating any of the tanks it gets placed with.  It certainly has no trouble with tanks of its own tier.  Once elite and having a few skills for its crew, the T32 comes into its own.

Imprint_ThreeStones #15 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 20970 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-
Its agreed that the OP sucks at tanks, period.

Non-constructive
6 Hour RO
~krazyone

hiroshi_tea #16 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 15:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 15796 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY
I think the thread should be renamed "T32 is crap in my hands"

Non-constructive
Warning
~krazyone

cmdrnarrain #17 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 19:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27464 battles
8.0 reduced the amount of flat terrain which allows you to use the rolls more effectively.  Unfortunately, 8.0 also made the gun bounce a whole lot more then previously.

My crew is elite and has two skills.

Like I said I'm done with this tank.  I have suffered through other bad tanks, but the up side to those is that they are low level and the suffering does not last long.  Most stock tier 8 tanks are pretty horrible, but with upgrades, especially the gun, they come into their own.  Which makes that last 150k experience grind fun to do.  The T32 doesn't have that reward, and you won't notice a huge difference from stock.  The gun won't get better, and the 160k exp. grind is frankly more work then fun.  

Good luck to all of you still in the stuggle.

Legiondude #18 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 20466 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
When you're moving into tier 8 and beyond, you need an experienced crew. Period. Not even a 75% spawn in crew will be sufficient anymore, and as someone who did that before importing my T29 crew I can say it makes a HECK of a lot of difference to how the T32 performs.

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 15 2012 - 20:00, said:

1.    Accuracy – the top tie cannon has louse accuracy. You are forced to aim for the center mass of every tank in order to have a chance to hit at anything other than point blank.   You cannot aim at weak spots because you will not hit it.
A good crew rectifies this

With the right positioning, you can pen tier 10s. Even a Maus(Though when I did that i was at an extreme low angle and shooting up it's tracks into the lower side armor and suspension). I'm speaking from experience as when I was in my training clan(ELV1S, not main ELVIS) and sometimes in Clan Wars we needed to spot to fill I did that and provided fire support when necessary. Granted this was difficult, but it's not impossible to pen any tank you see

That's with crap angling, I've bounced the long 88 before. Arty is a different matter and Spall liner will help you with that and the M103

No, the stupid players shoot the 298mm Mantlet while you're hull down. The good players shoot the cupola when you're hull down. The rare exceptional player hits the gun tube at the mantlet ring and then your cupola

Arty can do this too with an HE splash, but Spall Liner, Repair, and Armorer all help with this.

True, I did mount the toolbox for some time on my T32, I guess I learned to either make myself less of an easy target or just stayed out of sight of arty when this happened.

You've got the same top speed as the T29, with less weight and the same engine. By all means you should be accelerating faster than the T29.

You should have gained the habit to become arty safe in the T29 if you were good at it, thus you could learn to position yourself to hull down and not get nuked. Face hugging is much riskier and I wouldn't recommend it either unless you're sure you only have 1 enemy to attack.

Tactics that work with the tank.  Always find a bigger meaner buddy and tag team the enemy.  Never go it alone.
True, it does work as a good bully tank, the M103 makes good use of this too.

You are required to use teamwork to an extreme with this tank.
Oh heavens, not teamwork! Anything but that!

Well everyone has their own opinions and experiences. I will agree grind is annoying for the M103 stretch and as I learned once I jumped in the M103 with a free xp'd 120mm the alpha and pen change(IE: The lack of it) were what made the T32 grind so unimpressive in comparison to the T29 grind.

navalartichoke #19 Posted Oct 16 2012 - 23:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26758 battles
Another tanker who hates the  T-32. 28 k more experiance and I will be free of this piece of crap.

If I didn't have tanks like the  Churchill and KV-2  to play for fun, I would have deleted  WoT from my computer...

Edited by navalartichoke, Oct 16 2012 - 23:15.

gotswat #20 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 01:09

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7635 battles
I will admit the T32 is one of my lowest win rates in a tank over 200 battles, though my personal stats are impressive in it. The tank it self is not bad at all in fact I am debating to rebuy the T32 and fix that winrate to give it the justice it needs in my service record page, personally I found the T29 a better tank but really that's just due to lower mm the T32 is beast when played right.

Stats T29:
53% win rate
277 battles
77% hit ratio
34% survival rate
343 kills
max killed in one match 6
691 average exp per game
322,892 dmg total (1165.7 avg dmg per match)

Stats T32
48% win rate
215 battles
78% hit ratio
34% survival rate
276 kills
max killed in one match 5
759 average exp per match
304,507 dmg (1416.3 avg dmg per match)

Stats T34 (just because it is similar play style)
52% win rate
844 battles
78% hit rate
36% survival rate
max killed in one match 9
683 average exp per match
1,322,448 damage (1566.9 dmg per match average)

As you can see my personal stats in the T32 is quite good (played all before recent armor buffs and MM reworking) though of the three similar play style tanks it has my worst win rate it also boost one of the highest damage per a matches and average exp in a match. The T32 is sort of an unloved step child in the u.s heavy tank line mostly because it literally is a harder to hit T29 with buffed soft stats in tier 8 match's (on average), but honestly the tank it self is an excellent front line brawler and I personally found it to be much more accurate and speedy than the T29.

s.w.a.t.

Also tagged with Its, ageed, after, 200, battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users