Its ageed after 200 battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

Madox76 #21 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 02:15

Captain

• Players
  • 27604 battles
  • [BEERS] BEERS
While I was not happy with T32 I have to wonder if you upgraded it at all?

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 15 2012 - 20:00, said:

1.    Accuracy – the top tie cannon has louse accuracy. You are forced to aim for the center mass of every tank in order to have a chance to hit at anything other than point blank.   You cannot aim at weak spots because you will not hit it.

the 105 same gun as t29 .41 meter accuracy while not awe inspiring is still dang good add on crew above 100% skill and it can get to .36 m which is very good.  What kind of a network connection you working with

2.    Penetration – the gun is incapable of penetrating other Tier 8 heavies from the front and it will have a hard time penning the side Tier 9-10 heavies.   It will be very common to bounce every other shot, assuming you hit.  You will lose a lot of silver because your shots are 1k a piece.

Yes as top gun for a tier 7 tank and tier 8 gun its penetration is bit on the ehhh side.  Was my biggest complaint when moving from T-29 to T32 not much of an improvment since top gun is same Tier 7 gun is jsut fine but bumped up vs tier 10 gets tough.  As for tier 8 tanks some will give you trouble KV-4 IS-3 namely but its got more then enough penetration to get the job done even vs tier 10.  If was so horrible vs tier 8 no one would sing the praises of the T29 LOL.  Trust me can be frustrating but its doable I regulary put the 175 pen gun on my T-54 cuz I am cheap and I have no issues with it though Maus and E-100 can be annoying.  Never go alone is really the key.  Also Gold Ammo is going to be available soon so tough tanks you will have a few good rounds for.

3.    Hull Armor – cannot be depended on.  Most tier 6 and above tanks can pen your hull from the front.  The only tank which can’t is another T32.   It is not uncommon to be one shot from Tier 6 and above arty.  

Most tier 6 and above can pen the front hull on just about any tank up to tier 9.  Hull armor at tier 8 heavy ignoring Premiums is 129... the T32 hull is 127 so it average not great not horrid.  Actually using same idea comparing it to Hull armor of tier 7, 8, and  heavy's ignoring Premiums average is only 133 (include tier 10 and only goes up to 146)  Add in its shape and it bounces quite good.  But same time HIDE YOUR HULL you want Hull down that turret will handle the rest.

As for Arty well just about any tank that tier and above is pretty much a gonner vs a direct hit from any tier 6+ arty 2000+ damage is ahrd to take espcially if they hit top armor which on all tanks is thin.

4.    Turret Armor – is no longer shot proof.  Count on losing the gun to every other shot to the turret.

This I call bull on, yes I have had some bad strings on guns getting damage but thats same with every tank I have used.  Lets see the proof in replays on this.  I am sure it seems worse then it is especially if you already loathe the tank but think your getting a touch crazy here.

5.    Tracks – count on losing them a lot.  They also take a long time fix even with 100% repair.

Ehh never noticed it getting tracked more then anything else.  Add on frankly when it was tracked meant I was angled right as they hit tracks and didn't hurt me otherwise broke track easier to deal with then life gone.  Never noticed them being anything special to repair over other tanks and I had no repair training nor did I have through most of grind tool kit.  Check replays I am sure you will see they are no different then any other similarly setup tank.

6.    Slow Speed – the tank is slow.  Arty loves slow targets.

Well yeah one of Heavies disadvantages other then Soviet IS line mostly.  I ain;t seen any heavies that are fast other then down a hill maybe.  Want speed go to soviet IS line.  Don't wanna be arty bait then get something faster.  But regardless the Arty will find ya sooner or later.  Just use the map against them and don't park in stupid spots.

The forums want you to believe that hull down and face hugging are the ways to go with this tank.  Those statements are complete and total nonsense.  Trying to perform either of them will result in your speedy death.   Case in point, hull down – sitting still in this tank will get you killed by arty.  No arty, hull down is still a bad option because you will not be able to pen them either.  Sooner a later you will lose the gun and they will drive down your throat.   Face-hugging, is not a completely terrible idea.  You will find it is not a instance win as some have claimed but it will allow you to do more damage than you receive in some cases.   Generally, only face hug alone lower tier tanks.  It should not be used as a general tactic, remember you are slow and are easy to pen. and track which means you will never make it.

Hull down is great with 2 exceptions 1) arty is around and 2) there is no one supporting you/your ahead of line.  Arty get hull down when ya shoot SCOOT.  Try to get building between you and normal arty spots.  6th sense is immeasurably helpful it goes off YOU MOVE.  Breaking the line you need to keep back, can't be up front trying for hull down unless you have some real solid support.  The enemy if they ahve a clue will quickly surround ya and rip ya off.  Best places for it are on flanks can deal with a specific direction and your good to go.  Obviously some tanks will require some care with gun to penetrate, if your hull down and unseen wait a bit for them to open themselves a bit.  or nail a track to spin them, or stay hidden and spot for arty to nuke them.  You can do it just need to work at it, blame your skill level not the tank.   Face Hugging ehh is a hit or miss usually miss to many tanks at these levels know how to handle it and you die.  Only time I had issue vs face hug was vs T34 (american) the bugger used his gun to black his cupola's and hatches it was immensely impressive.  Other wise I rarely don't beat a face hugger.

Tactics that work with the tank.  Always find a bigger meaner buddy and tag team the enemy.  Never go it alone.  You are required to use teamwork to an extreme with this tank.  Try to finish off cripples to prevent that extra shot to your buddy.  Your gun will work on Meds for the most part, use it to keep your buddies flank clear.  Always, flank.   If you are trading shots from the front, back-up and find a different angle but keep in support range of your buddy.

Totally right on support another tank/team.  The enemy will be forced to keep other guy to front giving you side shouts etc.  But this tactic pretty much is key to effective tanking TEAM WORK.

It took me 200 battles to earn enough exp. to get to the next level without using free exp. and without a premium acct for most it.   Two hundred god awful, wasteful battles which were zero fun.  I wish you all better luck.  

I was quite happy to sell my T32 I won't deny it but its not the end of the world either.  Its not an I WIN button tank it requires a good amount to pull it off,  At end with 8.0 I actually started getting some great games with it, But I needed creds so it was gone and well already had T29 I enjoyed it much more and better tiering.

KnightFandragon #22 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 02:21

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles
Yeah, 8.0 has seen the end of US HT's amounting to much, I see them dying off left and right, with absolutely no effort at all on the attacker's part.  T29s? T34s?  I see them come around a corner and poof, thye are gone.  All that 248 pen from the T34?  That has been bouncing like a ball off the JT where before it would pen no issue.  Isnt the effective front armor of the JT 203?  The T34 has 248....hmm..is the RNG for the T53A1 that much worse now?

As for the T32, even if's frontal armor means squat now....

Edited by KnightFandragon, Oct 17 2012 - 02:21.

Gasboy #23 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 03:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13258 battles

View PostKnightFandragon, on Oct 17 2012 - 02:21, said:

Yeah, 8.0 has seen the end of US HT's amounting to much, I see them dying off left and right, with absolutely no effort at all on the attacker's part.  T29s? T34s?  I see them come around a corner and poof, thye are gone.  All that 248 pen from the T34?  That has been bouncing like a ball off the JT where before it would pen no issue.  Isnt the effective front armor of the JT 203?  The T34 has 248....hmm..is the RNG for the T53A1 that much worse now?

As for the T32, even if's frontal armor means squat now....

What?  I am not experiencing that at all.  I drive all the US heavies, and things are better in 8.0, not worse.

cmdrnarrain #24 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 17:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27660 battles
The armor is better in 8.0, but the gun is worst.   I have no idea what you all are talking about when you say you penn'ed this and that.  I'm not seeing it.  Unless you are using gold shells.

KnightFandragon #25 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 17 2012 - 17:36, said:

The armor is better in 8.0, but the gun is worst.   I have no idea what you all are talking about when you say you penn'ed this and that.  I'm not seeing it.  Unless you are using gold shells.

What gun are you using?  The L71 on the JG 8.8, it pens the US hulls, angled or not with no questions asked, regardless of angle......its horrid.  Oh, and no gold rounds here...gold rds are for panzy WoT players who cant aim..

Edited by KnightFandragon, Oct 17 2012 - 17:40.

Radioactivemonkeynutts #26 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 19:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 4476 battles

View PostMadox76, on Oct 17 2012 - 02:15, said:

Only time I had issue vs face hug was vs T34 (american) the bugger used his gun to black his cupola's and hatches it was immensely impressive.  Other wise I rarely don't beat a face hugger.

Just thought I would point out that you can easily shoot the ufp of a T34 while facehugging it in a T32 because you are short while he can't shoot yours.  Same can be said for Tiger IIs, Lowes, anything else really.  A lot of machine gun ports just cry out "shoot me" when you are face hugging in this thing.  I can't say I love the tank but I don't really hate it.  I was approaching a 55% win rate in it until I had a run of 7 losses in a row this morning.  Some of the worst teams I've ever seen, played with a Lowe driver that had a 32% win rate in his Lowe  :Smile_ohmy: which is the lowest win rate I've ever seen on a tank with more than 100 battles played.

Gasboy #27 Posted Oct 17 2012 - 22:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13258 battles

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 17 2012 - 17:36, said:

Don't need gold shells, just the patience to aim, and the situational awareness to flank when the opportunity arises.

kyrin #28 Posted Oct 18 2012 - 17:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2441 battles
  • [USSR_] USSR_

View PostRadioactivemonkeynutts, on Oct 17 2012 - 19:25, said:

Just thought I would point out that you can easily shoot the ufp of a T34 while facehugging it in a T32 because you are short while he can't shoot yours.  Same can be said for Tiger IIs, Lowes, anything else really.  A lot of machine gun ports just cry out "shoot me" when you are face hugging in this thing.  I can't say I love the tank but I don't really hate it.  I was approaching a 55% win rate in it until I had a run of 7 losses in a row this morning.  Some of the worst teams I've ever seen, played with a Lowe driver that had a 32% win rate in his Lowe  :Smile_ohmy: which is the lowest win rate I've ever seen on a tank with more than 100 battles played.

I plumited my win down from 55% to like 45% with losing teams that go 15>3 and stuff and I'm the only one who kills anything. That M.gun port needs to go though, to angle the tank to hide that thing without facing huging or placing it behind a dead tank, my god. You're either at the angle or you're taking shots in the side, 1 degree off and well XXXX everyone out the tank guys.

EnsoZero #29 Posted Oct 18 2012 - 19:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3234 battles
People calling the T32 bad really makes me question the ability of players to properly evaluate tanks.

MedioMorde #30 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 21:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11469 battles
  • [B4D] B4D

View Postnavalartichoke, on Oct 16 2012 - 23:11, said:

Another tanker who hates the  T-32. 28 k more experiance and I will be free of this piece of crap.

If I didn't have tanks like the  Churchill and KV-2  to play for fun, I would have deleted  WoT from my computer...

^this (i have a chaffee and super p for fun)

Imprint_ThreeStones #31 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 20970 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-
You people make me laugh, truly.

The_Mighty_Waldo #32 Posted Oct 21 2012 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9200 battles
  • [-FBI-] -FBI-
I was beginning to hate the T32, had a string of losses, but that was probably due more to my teams and getting stuck in Tier X games.

But then i had this beauty of a game

Posted Image

Posted Image

Proof that the T32 can own. Especially on its tier.

I may have some trouble when i get thrown in Tier X games but you cant expect to own tier Xs in a Tier VII tank, It's just not happening unless you are an amazing tanker. If you play it correctly you can do wonders in this tank.

DBrimstone #33 Posted Oct 21 2012 - 02:17

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 17141 battles

View PostCarbonWard, on Oct 20 2012 - 22:43, said:

You people make me laugh, truly.
I'm with you on this one. T32 is one of my all time favorite tanks. I've also seen your stats with it as you owned face even more than I did, and I feel competitive in nearly every battle driving it. Tier 10's (mostly russian and german heavies) are pretty dang hard to hurt, but everything else is at least damagable. I don't expect to do too much to tanks 2 tiers higher than me anyways no matter what tank (except my chaffee) I'm driving. He who started this thread basically hates every tank and he'll tell you you're stupid if you disagree with him. Just look at this stats and ignore him

KilljoyCutter #34 Posted Oct 21 2012 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostRaiderPaladin, on Oct 15 2012 - 20:33, said:

The T32 used to be a monster tank hull down...it could dig in like a tick and be a SOB to kill.  Now that the gun has really bad accuracy at .41, its nowhere near the great defender tank that it was.  I ended up selling mine because it was so horrible in the accuracy department, even with a 380% crew.

The gun's accuracy did not change.  The notation changed.  EVERY tank's listed accuracy got "worse" on paper at the same time.

How can you not know this?

kyrin #35 Posted Oct 21 2012 - 03:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2441 battles
  • [USSR_] USSR_

View PostThe_Mighty_Waldo, on Oct 21 2012 - 00:52, said:

I was beginning to hate the T32, had a string of losses, but that was probably due more to my teams and getting stuck in Tier X games.

But then i had this beauty of a game

Proof that the T32 can own. Especially on its tier.

I may have some trouble when i get thrown in Tier X games but you cant expect to own tier Xs in a Tier VII tank, It's just not happening unless you are an amazing tanker. If you play it correctly you can do wonders in this tank.

Had to delete that pic out of there but seriously 11 tanks? That right there is like a 1/10000 game xD, got my max in battle beat by 200 with mine being 1500ish but you dont have my T29 beat, 1.9k on that and I didn't even kill more then 6. I haven't seen desimation like that in 1-2 months xD, you sir drove your T32 excellently. Shot that kv-3 7 times O.O

The_Mighty_Waldo #36 Posted Oct 21 2012 - 07:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9200 battles
  • [-FBI-] -FBI-

View Postkyrin, on Oct 21 2012 - 03:50, said:

Had to delete that pic out of there but seriously 11 tanks? That right there is like a 1/10000 game xD, got my max in battle beat by 200 with mine being 1500ish but you dont have my T29 beat, 1.9k on that and I didn't even kill more then 6. I haven't seen desimation like that in 1-2 months xD, you sir drove your T32 excellently. Shot that kv-3 7 times O.O

Thank you. And Yeah, getting odd bounces or 0 dmg pens. otherwise would have had to shoot less lol.

But nevertheless its a great tank. People must just be driving it wrong.

Ruestir #37 Posted Oct 22 2012 - 02:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19754 battles

View PostThe_Mighty_Waldo, on Oct 21 2012 - 07:59, said:

But nevertheless its a great tank. People must just be driving it wrong.
Totally agree. I'll add my congrats to your game as well. That's awesome!

cmdrnarrain #38 Posted Oct 22 2012 - 18:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27660 battles
The T32 is wonderful tank, if you completely gloss over all of the points made in the OP.

DBrimstone - not everyone, just you, but if the shoe fits..... well you get the meaning.   I just wish everyone else was as proud of your stats as you are.

cmdrnarrain #39 Posted Dec 20 2012 - 17:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27660 battles
My Panther 2 is finding T32's very yummy. A typical battle at medium ranage, T32 shoots, misses, I shoot back penn'ed and tracked.  He shoots again, miss.  I blast him down to 190 hps.   His last shot bounces.  Boom dead.  I love it even more in the E75, they don't even try to shoot me and just run away.  

The best T8 hvy tank in the game, yea right.

The T32 still sucks.  In fact it reminds me a lot of the new british tanks, but then again they can at least pen some of the time.

Madox76 #40 Posted Dec 20 2012 - 23:52

Captain

• Players
  • 27604 battles
  • [BEERS] BEERS
After T29 it was a real let down to me.  Once elited and crew was trained up I did much better on it but gladly sold for my M103.  Mean time also got T34 which is just incredible for tier 8, it covers any desire I ever have to get the T32 again.

Also tagged with Its, ageed, after, 200, battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users