Its ageed after 200 battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

LoweGear #61 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 05:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7355 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
As a T32 driver who's worked on it on two accounts (my previous defunct account and my current one), I disagree with the assessment that it sucks. The T32 is practically a better tank than the T29 save its Tier matching: it has a lower profile than the T29 so it can hulldown better, has a smaller turret with heavier armor, and it's more mobile than the T29 owing to it being lighter. It's Tier matching is the only thing that makes the T32 difficult to play with since it can get matched against Tier IX and X tanks, but the ability to be frontally immune to anything save Tier X premium rounds on hull down means that you can take your time aiming at a target and then finding their weak spots. The T32's top turret has weak spots yes, but they're so small that you'd need to get close to it to even reliably hit them (or have a very accurate gun).

The T5E1 was a good gun at Tier VII and average at Tier VIII, but you can still penetrate Tier IX armor if you know where to aim - I have no problems killing Tiger II's with it when hitting the lower plate, or gunning the side of their tracks. It's not the kind of tank you can use to lead an armored push or go brawling with, but the T32 possesses enough of a balance between its mobility and firepower that you can even flank if you wish, and  it's an excellent tank at holding a flank provided you get a good hull down position. And good hull down positions are rife given all the changes on the reworked maps to make them "bumpier", which means there are a lot more places to hull down.

Midnitewolf #62 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 05:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7172 battles
The T32 would be an excellent tank IF.....it had a second gun option that had at least 215mm of pen.  Instead you get stuck with the same exact gun you had on the T29 and the only real difference between the two tanks is that the T32 has a smaller turret and is a bit faster.

That being said, it is not a bad tank and I do well with it, however that gun is just disappointing.  I mean it sucks when you still have to aim at R2 D2 on the KV-5 to get a pen when Lowes, T34s, KTs, IS-3s...well really most other Tier 8 heavies just aims at the turret and auto pens with their top gun.

Orcinus #63 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 08:42

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 9442 battles
  • [FPDOX] FPDOX

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 15 2012 - 20:00, said:

After close to 200 battles with the T32 I can honestly say it is total and complete crap.  Below are points of reference for the unbelievers,
I've also played over 200 battles in the T32 and I will affirm my status as a firm unbeliever. Thus I will address each of your points of reference.

1.    Accuracy – the top tie cannon has louse accuracy. You are forced to aim for the center mass of every tank in order to have a chance to hit at anything other than point blank.   You cannot aim at weak spots because you will not hit it.
I have not noticed this problem. Granted, I don't try to aim for tiny weak spots from a distance.
Instead, I aim for the sides of tanks, or even tracks. Sure the other guy will try to hide it, but opportunities will present themselves. (Moving to avoid artillery for instance)
Aiming for weak spots becomes a lot easier when facehugging, but that is a special case.
(Having 100% crew helps in this aspect as well.)

2.    Penetration – the gun is incapable of penetrating other Tier 8 heavies from the front and it will have a hard time penning the side Tier 9-10 heavies.   It will be very common to bounce every other shot, assuming you hit.  You will lose a lot of silver because your shots are 1k a piece.
I can see where you are going with this.
All the same, I've found that 198 average penetration can get the job done just fine.
Not having the accuracy problem in your previous point would help since I try to aim for weaker spots (the less well-armored sides and rears of tanks, as opposed to weak spots such as KV-5's R2D2). If I can't find a good spot to shoot from where I am, I'm in no hurry to get myself killed trying to find one.
Either I'll wait for the opponent to move, or I'll move myself.

3.    Hull Armor – cannot be depended on.  Most tier 6 and above tanks can pen your hull from the front.  The only tank which can’t is another T32.   It is not uncommon to be one shot from Tier 6 and above arty.  
This point is obvious. Playstyle should be adjusted accordingly.
Beyond that, tier 6 artillery are capable of inhuman feats of damage slinging on plenty of tanks.

4.    Turret Armor – is no longer shot proof.  Count on losing the gun to every other shot to the turret.
Is the turret invincible? No.
Is it still pretty darn good? I would say so.
Sure, my gun gets shot off every now and then. But that's what my repair kit is for.
Alternatively, I can take the opportunity to back up and reassess the situation.

5.    Tracks – count on losing them a lot.  They also take a long time fix even with 100% repair.
Similar to point 3.
Your hull is toilet paper. Adjust gameplay accordingly.

6.    Slow Speed – the tank is slow.  Arty loves slow targets.
Not as slow as the T29.
Sure, my top speed is crap, but the power/weight ratio provides good enough agility to outpace non-Russian heavies.
(I'll admit, my POV is biased by having Clutch Braking at 100% while using the T32)

The forums want you to believe that hull down and face hugging are the ways to go with this tank.  Those statements are complete and total nonsense.  
I fully agree with this. Strictly adhering to one way of playing a tank is a sign of not being good at using that tank.
Like any other tank, the T32 has to make due with several situations, even those where it becomes unable to play to its strengths and die a horrible, gruesome death.

Tactics that work with the tank.  Always find a bigger meaner buddy and tag team the enemy.  Never go it alone.  You are required to use teamwork to an extreme with this tank.  Try to finish off cripples to prevent that extra shot to your buddy.  Your gun will work on Meds for the most part, use it to keep your buddies flank clear.  Always, flank.   If you are trading shots from the front, back-up and find a different angle but keep in support range of your buddy.
Good advice. Teamwork is always a plus.

It took me 200 battles to earn enough exp. to get to the next level without using free exp. and without a premium acct for most it.   Two hundred god awful, wasteful battles which were zero fun.  I wish you all better luck.  
In conclusion, I am disappointed that your 200 battles were not as enjoyable and educational as mine.
The T32 was my first high tier tank, and I had fun learning its ins-and-outs while trudging my way through the occasional Tier 10 game.
I wish you luck in your other tank endeavours.

OrganicMechanic #64 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:27

Major

• Players
  • 29899 battles

View PostRobert_F_Kennedy, on Jan 05 2013 - 23:32, said:

I think just by using logic you can come to the conclusion that the T32 is not a good tank.

I'm not prepared to say it sucks, but when you have a tank that has basically the exact same gun as the same class of tank a tier underneath it, that tells you the gun sucks and hence the tank is not a good one.

In my opinion, the T29 is a great tank, and T32 kind of sucks.  Same with KV-1S is a great tank and the IS seems to suck a bit.  The IS also has a gun that appears to only have a slightly better ROF than the KV-1S' 122.

Look at the T25/2.  It's gun only has 10mm more pen (I believe) than its predecessor the M18 and it's a horrible tank.

Any time you see that formula, you know you got a bad tank.

You've come out of nowhere and quickly become one of the worst posters on these forums.

This reply just reinforces my belief of that.

BanzaiBonsai #65 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:33

Captain

• Players
  • 6125 battles

View PostVegasRon, on Jan 08 2013 - 11:27, said:

You've come out of nowhere and quickly become one of the worst posters on these forums.

Tanks have guns. Guns are everything. How can you not follow this logic?
What is armor?
What are HP?
What is RoF?
What is Acc?
What is mobility?
What is a smaller profile?
Those are all useless, IT HAS THE SAME GUN.

The worst thing is, some people not only say that T32 is bad, but also T29. They really resort to all measures to cover up their lack of skill..

OrganicMechanic #66 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:36

Major

• Players
  • 29899 battles

View PostBanzaiBonsai, on Jan 08 2013 - 11:33, said:

What is armor?
What are HP?
What is RoF?
What is Acc?
What is mobility?

The worst thing is, people not only say that T32 is bad, but also T29. Some people really resort to all measures to cover up their lack of skill..

Yup, I was just lucky in mine.

rayman49 #67 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 15:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9819 battles
  • [U_P_A] U_P_A
Repeat ignore

rayman49 #68 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 15:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9819 battles
  • [U_P_A] U_P_A

View PostBanzaiBonsai, on Jan 08 2013 - 11:33, said:

What is armor?
What are HP?
What is RoF?
What is Acc?
What is mobility?

The worst thing is, some people not only say that T32 is bad, but also T29. They really resort to all measures to cover up their lack of skill..

You sir are wrong to a new level that I don't even feel like addressing. But anyway, I found the penetration to be plenty and got a 55% won't rate, now that's there's prem ammo for creds, I bet I could get it higher. I'll admit there's a learning curve as you must now aim carefully as opposed to having the gun in t7 battles were you could point and shoot, but once you learn to aim it is a very
Good tank.

NBornKilla #69 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 21:26

Captain

• Players
  • 43664 battles
  • [JAV] JAV

View Postilanima4, on Oct 16 2012 - 09:08, said:

agree man, I hate my T32 too

because its weapon just follow the T29 gun, and its mostly cant pen tank tier 8-9s
I'am very disappointed, and almost every player in each battle said that T32 IS A CRAP

then, I try to see the tech tree or research in this T32 line, and I found M103, and M103 has 2 weapon which are 120mm [forget the name and the type]
there's a 3 weapon, 1 stock, and 120mm first level and 120mm second level

I just imagined that first level of 120mm on that M103, transfered into T32's gun? so, when we reach the M103 no need to research first level anymore

in other way, if that first level of 120mm transfered on T32, I think T32 will be the most dangerous tank, with high speed, untouchable turret, and low armor [I think]
and, if that weapon can transfered into that T32, every player no need to say "T32 IS A CRAP" again, huh?
and we know that T32 is a tier 8, then there will be tier 5[arty] tier6[heavies] tier7 tier 8 tier 9 and tier 10 each battle right?
then, who could interest if that T32 only a CRAP in each battle if they cant pen it NORMALLY
and I think that T32 is an ABNORMAL tank
and this tier 8 tank, havent tier 9 gun
and the other tier 8 tank, always have tier 9 gun

so suck and so greedy
I'll be very pleased and thank you, if developer considering my suggestion

ilanima4 - 505PB
what you mean the t32 cant pen tier 9 and 10 are you crazy lol i have pen both tier remember  it doesn't matter if the t32 uses the same gun as the t29 it uses different ammo ;)

BanzaiBonsai #70 Posted Jan 09 2013 - 00:48

Captain

• Players
  • 6125 battles

View Postrayman49, on Jan 08 2013 - 15:30, said:

You sir are wrong to a new level that I don't even feel like addressing. But anyway, I found the penetration to be plenty and got a 55% won't rate, now that's there's prem ammo for creds, I bet I could get it higher. I'll admit there's a learning curve as you must now aim carefully as opposed to having the gun in t7 battles were you could point and shoot, but once you learn to aim it is a very
Good tank.
Now you use W/R as an argument, when we all know it is luck. And what is this learning curve thing? Never seen a graph like that. Also we don't have to learn aiming, there is auto-aim for that, right?

I'm not sure if you get it this time...

I was stating the differences between T32 and T29, because someone wrote that the T32 is only a slightly improved T29, thus a bad tank. I did this by ridiculing the typical baddie attitude who is ignoring everything but the fact that he doesn't like the tank for some stupid reason (in this case THE GUN).

Might be an old quote from this thread, but true nonetheless:

View PostCarbonWard, on Oct 20 2012 - 22:43, said:

You people make me laugh, truly.

CrabEatOff #71 Posted Jan 09 2013 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 46189 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
RFK is one of the worst posters indeed.

T32 is a boss, and if you can't figure out how to use its MANY roles or to load a few APCR well then....enjoy mediocrity.

(T32 is the 2nd best tier 8 scout after the AMX 13 90, I wish they tracked damage done on spotting just so I could show it off)

KilljoyCutter #72 Posted Jan 12 2013 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostNBornKilla, on Jan 08 2013 - 21:26, said:

what you mean the t32 cant pen tier 9 and 10 are you crazy lol i have pen both tier remember  it doesn't matter if the t32 uses the same gun as the t29 it uses different ammo ;)

Um... Same ammo.

You're trolling, right?

Archon476 #73 Posted Jan 17 2013 - 00:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 28839 battles
The T32 is an amazing sidescraping tank.  In pubs against uncoordinated mobs, you can easily hold a position against 2 or 3 enemies without taking anything worse than track damage  Your tracks and tiny turret also make it quite possible for another tank to safely shoot over your ass into the zone of fire.

RobertFKennedy #74 Posted Jan 18 2013 - 02:23

Captain

• Players
  • 29431 battles

View PostVegasRon, on Jan 08 2013 - 11:27, said:

I find your comments to be rather stupid.  This post is no exception.

Shiven #75 Posted Jan 18 2013 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8021 battles

View PostVegasRon, on Jan 08 2013 - 11:36, said:

Yup, I was just lucky in mine.

Vegas, carry my baddie T32  :Smile_trollface-3:

Mother_Animal #76 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 13:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19453 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
I came from a 62% w/r on the T29 to a lousy 39% w/r on the T32 as I approach 70 battles in it.

One huge problem I find with the T32 is that this tank is cursed. It attracts bad teams like a magnet. First 3 or 4 minutes my team is losing by 5X0, 6x2, etc... That happens every other match. When we start winning the match, it is very common for the enemy to change the battle in a glorious come-back.

T32 is cursed. It invokes noobs and bad players. It enrages the RNG gods.

Zebra #77 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 05:12

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6698 battles
It's funny that when counting the overall (every server) WR T32 is alway the top 2 or 3 T8 and need to be nerf again and again till now

Still people who not working it right saying it's a useless one, epic

Just check those elite players at top clans' stats, T32 can be at least as effective as IS-3 and can adapt to different maps with amazing alpha angle and nice turret, not to mention nice mobility and high ROF makes it capable to throw massive dmg from places "normal HTs not used to be".

If 198 pen is bad then I think 13/90, T-44 can pen nothing with that shitty pen gun?

The gun have interesting trajectory that falls a bit more beyond 350m, once you adapt to that you still can snipe and reach high HR

My T32 got 66% WR in 310 battles with 81% HR and avg dmg of 1850 and I know there's lots of players have greater stats in this baby

Don't dimmed a tank just because you suck at it, that just shows how incapable you are.

seanboud #78 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 09:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20490 battles
I put the 90mm on it with silver rounds loaded and although I lose alpha I gain accuracy, ROF, and most importantly Penetration. I've been the dug-in thorn in the side of red tanks since I switched. My win rate went up quite a bit and my blood pressure went down.

I've come to respect the tank and like it more.

Yohimbine #79 Posted Jan 27 2013 - 07:31

Private

• Players
  • 9721 battles
My only question why is the rate of fire 4.76 for the t32 and better for the T29 at 5.26.  Why would you decreae the rof for a higher tier?  Most tanks that have guns that carry over at least the ROF increases.  For a marginal gun for the teir at least bump the rof to about 6 to make it comparible.

BanzaiBonsai #80 Posted Jan 27 2013 - 07:38

Captain

• Players
  • 6125 battles

View PostYohimbine, on Jan 27 2013 - 07:31, said:

My only question why is the rate of fire 4.76 for the t32 and better for the T29 at 5.26.  Why would you decreae the rof for a higher tier?  Most tanks that have guns that carry over at least the ROF increases.  For a marginal gun for the teir at least bump the rof to about 6 to make it comparible.

The RoF is 5.66 with the better turret. Also the accuracy goes from 0.42 on the T29 to 0.41 on the T32 (no idea about the impulse though, I don't have a gamemodels3d account).

Also tagged with Its, ageed, after, 200, battles

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users